NORTHEAST FRONTIER RAILWAY
RECRUITMENT AGAINST SCOUTS & GUIDES QUOTA FOR THE YEAR 2015-16
In order to fill up 2 posts in GP Rs. 1900 and 10 posts in GP Rs. 1800 against Scouts & Guides quota for the year 2015-16, applications are invited from eligible candidates having Scout/Guide qualifications, as prescribed below(The candidates having no Scouts and Guides qualification cannot apply)
Grade Pay & Pay Band: Rs. 1900 & 5200-20200
Age on 01.01.2016:
- UR-18 to 32
- OBC:18 to 35
- SC/St:18 to 37
- Matriculation/10th or its equivalent plus ITI/Act Apprenticeship in relevant Trade, approved by NCVT/SCVT
- 12th (+2 stage) or its equivalent examination with not less than 50% marks in aggregate from a recognized board/university [a pass in 12th (+2 stage) or equivalent in case of SC/ST candidates)]
Grade Pay & Pay Band:1800 & 5200-20200
Age on 01.01.2016:
- UR:18 to 32
- OBC: 18 to 35
- Sc/ST: 18 to 37
Qualification:Matriculate or ITI or equivalent
Scout & Guide Qualification:
a) A President Scout/Guide/Rover/ Ranger OR Himalayan Wood Badge (HWB) holder in any section;
b) Should have been an active member of a Scouts organization for the last 5 (five) years (i.e. from 01.04.2010 onwards). The ‘Certificate of Activeness’ should be as per Annexure- ‘C’; and
c) Should have attended two events at National Level OR All Indian Railways’ level AND two events at State level.
1.Condition and Procedure:
- Necessary testimonials concerning Scouts & Guides activities up to the date of application, along with copies of certificates regarding age, qualification, etc. – all duly attested by a Gazetted Officer should be enclosed along with the application.
- Two self-addressed envelopes (size 24cm x 10cm) with Rs. 6/- postage stamp affixed on each envelope and sent along with the application. (SC/ST candidates need not send such envelopes.)
- PHOTOGRAPHS: Three copies of recent passport size photographs in proper uniform duly signed on the front side top – one should be pasted on the application and two copies (also signed on top) should be clipped along with the application form.
- There is no provision of community-wise reservation against Scouts & Guides quota recruitment. The selection is open to all candidates and candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC categories who apply against notification should enclose necessary certificates for upper age relaxation as admissible and future benefit of reservation subject to their appointment on the Railway. OBC candidates should submit certificate that they do not belong to the ‘creamy layer’ as per Annexure – ‘F’.
For post & in GP Rs. 1900 & GP Rs. 1800: Asstt. Personnel Officer (Recruitment), N. F.
Railway HQ, Maligaon, Guwahati – 781 011, District Kamrup, Assam. If applied for both post, separate application to be made.
3.PAYMENT OF EXAMINATION FEE:
All applications should be accompanied by crossed Indian Postal Order (IPO) of Rs. 100/-
only as examination fee. The IPO should be drawn in favour of FA&CAO/NF Railway, and
payable at Maligaon Post Office, Guwahati – 781 011. Candidates must write their names
& full address in the IPO. The examination fee is not refundable under any circumstance. If
applied for both posts separate IPO’s to be attached.
FEE EXEMPTION: Female candidates and candidates from SC/ST, minorities* and economically backward classes** are exempted from payment of examination fee.
- A ‘minority’ means Muslim, Christian, Buddhist, Sikh and Zoroastrian (Parsi).
- ‘Economically backward classes’ will cover candidates whose family income is less than Rs. 50,000 per annum.
4.PROCEDURE OF RECRUITMENT:
The Candidates, who apply in response to the Notification and
are found eligible for consideration for appointment against Scout & Guide quota, should be
assessed on the basis of following criteria:
- Written Test
- Scouting Skill Assessment
- Marks on certificates
5.The number of candidates to be called for Personality Test/Interview will be equal to 5 times the number of vacancies. All candidates who score equal marks at the lowest cut-off mark (within the five times limit) will be called for Personality Test/Interview.
6. The selection for Group ‘C’ (Grade Pay Rs. 1900) and Group ‘D’ (Grade Pay Rs. 1800) shall be conducted separately. A candidate may apply both for Grade Pay Rs. 1900 and Grade Pay Rs. 1800.
7. A written declaration will be obtained from all the candidates who finally qualify for appointment as per Annexure- ‘D’. If the candidate violates any of the said declarations furnished by him/her, he/she should be taken up under DA&R by the concerned CPO/Sr. DPO on the recommendation of State Chief Commissioner/District Chief Commissioner, as the case may be
8.MEDICAL EXAMINATION: Final appointment of duly selected candidates will be subject to their fitness in the medical examination by Railway Medical Authority prior to their appointment.
9. COMPULSORY ENCLOSURES: Attested photocopies of (i) Age proof certificate, (ii) Educational/technical qualification, (iii) Scout/Guide qualification, (iv) SC/ST/OBC Certificate,
(v) Event Participation Certificates & (vi) Other qualification certificates.
Last Date: 12.01.2016
Click above to download