Notification No. RRC/CR/GDCE-02/2017 Dated 01/12/2017
RAILWAY RECRUITMENT CELL
Chief Project Manager (Conv)’s
Office Building, Wadibunder,
P. D’Mello Road,
In terms of the instructions issued vide Railway Board’s letter No. E(NG)I92/PM2/16 dated 20/08/1993 (RBE No. 129/1993) and other instructions
issued from time to time, applications are hereby invited ONLINE for filling up of 150 posts of Jr. Clerk-cum-Typist in Level-2 Rs. 19,900-63,200 in 7th CPC (erstwhile 6th CPC Grade Pay Rs. 1900) through General Departmental Competitive Examination (GDCE) from all the eligible regular serving Railway employees of Central Railway as on the date of issue of notification.
The serving regular employees of Divisions/Units/Workshops/Headquarters of Central Railway, except RPF/RPSF Personnel, irrespective of the cadre in
which they are working may register their applications for GDCE ONLINE within the stipulated date and time as per the instructions available on
RRC/CR’s website www.rrccr.com.
Community wise Break-up of the vacancies is as under:
1.Name of the Post- Jr. Clerk-cum-Typist
No of post- 150
Pay Scale- Rs.19,900-63,200/-
- Zone of consideration: Only serving regular Railway employees of Central Railway working in Level-1 are eligible to apply. Candidates who have been granted MACP in level 2 and above, but working in substantive level 1 are also eligible.
- Note: RPF/RPSF Personnel are not eligible to apply in terms of Railway Board’s letter No. E(NG)I/2002/PM2/9 dated 11/08/2003 (RBE No. 139/2003).
- Educational Qualification: 12th (10+2 stage) or its equivalent examination, on the date of notification with not less than 50% marks in the aggregate with Typing speed of 30 w.p.m. in English / 25 w.p.m. in Hindi. 50% marks is not to be insisted upon in case of SC/ST/Ex-servicemen.
- The process shall comprise of a Computer Based Test (CBT) followed by Typing test, Document Verification and Medical Examination.
- Standard of examination shall be like that of direct recruitment conducted by RRB. The question paper will have 100 questions, each carrying one mark and the duration of the examination will be 90 Minutes.
- On qualifying CBT, candidates will be eligible for next stage of selection i.e. Typing Test as per their merit.
- The selection will be made strictly as per merit in the Computer Based Test (CBT) followed by Typing test. Shortlisted candidates will be called for
verification of their original documents.
- Before applying, the candidates should carefully read the instructions and ensure that he/she fulfils all the prescribed eligibility criteria at the time of ONLINE REGISTRATION of application as per the Notification.
- The vacancies are to be filled up in various Divisions of Central Railway. The selected candidates are liable to be posted anywhere on Central Railway. Decision of Railway Administration in this regard shall be final.
- Before applying, the candidates should carefully read the instructions and ensure that he/she fulfils all the prescribed eligibility criteria at the time of submission of application as per the Notification.
- RRC reserves the right to conduct the examination in batches on various dates and locations as decided by the RRC.
- The list of eligible/ineligible candidates will be published on the website of the RRC. The eligible candidates can download their admit cards from the RRC website in due course. Candidates are advised to be in continuous access of RRC website for various information of the stages of selection.
- The scheme of GDCE will be implemented according to the guidelines issued by Railway Board and will be binding on all candidates.
- Candidature of the candidate is provisional at all stages of selection subject to fulfilment of all eligibility condition and RRC reserves the right to cancel the candidature at any stage if found not eligible under the Rules/Instructions issued by the Railway Board from time to time.
Last Date: 30-12-2017
click above to download
the employment notification