Name of the Post
Chief Engineer (Civil)
No. of Post: 1 (one)
KOLKATA METRO RAIL CORPORATION LIMITED
(Government of India Undertaking)
HRBC office complex (4th & 5th Floor)
Munsi Premchand Sarani, Kolkata-700 021
Kolkata Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. (KMRCL), a Govt. of India Undertaking, formed to implement the East West Metro Corridor Project at Kolkata, invites application from eligible candidates for appointment, on deputation or on contractual basis, to the post of Chief Engineer (Civil), KMRC Ltd., as per terms and conditions regarding educational and other qualifications, experience, age limit, remuneration, etc., as detailed below:
Job Description & Responsibilities
He will be responsible for all construction activities, planning, scheduling, monitoring and controlling of preliminary and final designs, tendering, contract administration, supervision of construction and commissioning. He will also be responsible for project monitoring, interface management, quality assurance and safety, cost control, utility and traffic diversions required for construction works. He will also be responsible for the planning of extension of the project.
Degree in Civil Engineering from an institution of repute
(1) At least five years’ experience as Deputy Chief Engineer or Superintending Engineer, preferably in Metro Railway or large construction project preferably underground work.
(2) Should have experience in preparation of tender document & its finalization, preferably international contracts.
(3) Experience in Planning and Construction and commissioning of multi-disciplinary Railway projects, preferably in urban situations such as Metro/MRTS.
(4) Should have experience in contract management and project management of important engineering structures such as bridges/ tunnels etc.
(5) Should have experience in land acquisition,rehabilitation and resettlement of Project Affected Persons.
(1) Experience in tunneling works. .
(2) Experience and knowledge of complying with project related requirements of international funding institutions.
Age at recruitment
Both for deputation and for contractual appointments : Maximum 55 years.
Age at retirement: 60 years
The pay scale of the posts is 37,400-67,000 (CDA) & Grade Pay of Rs.10,000. Apart from Basic Pay and Grade Pay, DA (from time to time), HRA (30% in Kolkata) and Perks (35% of Basic Pay and Grade Pay taken together) will be allowed.
Initially for a period of 5 years on immediate absorption basis.
Procedure for Application:
1. Application furnishing a comprehensive bio-data including name, father’s name, date of birth, postal address, details of qualification and experience (covering organization, position held with areas of responsibility and emoluments drawn) supported by attested copies of documents along with two copies of passport size photograph and a non-refundable bank draft of Rs.100/- (Rupees One Hundred) only in favour of “Kolkata Metro Rail Corporation Limited” in a sealed envelope superscribed with “Application for appointment to the post of Chief Engineer (Civil) (on contractual basis/ deputation basis” should reach the
Kolkata Metro Rail Corporation Limited,
HRBC Bhawan, Munshi
Premchand Sarani, 4th Floor,
Kolkata-700 021 by 31st December, 2012.
2. Persons employed in Government Departments/Public Sector Undertakings shall apply through proper channel and shall produce a “No Objection Certificate” from their employers
at the time of interview. Candidates who belong to the category of Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes need not submit a non-refundable bank draft of Rs.100/- only.
3. Applications received late/incomplete and/or without the bank draft will not be entertained.
click above to download
the kolkata metro job details