No. 5/1/2012-EI(B): An examination for selection of candidates for appointment as Special Class Apprentices in Mechanical Department of Indian Railways will be held by the Union Public Service Commission on 20th January, 2013 in accordance with the Rules published by the Ministry of Railways (Railway Board) in the Gazette of India dated the 13th October, 2012.
To READ MORE about this SCRA Examination – << Click Here [how to prepare]
1. CANDIDATES TO ENSURE THEIR ELIGIBILITY FOR THE EXAMINATION:
The Candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility conditions for admission to the examination. Their admission at all the stages of the examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions.
Mere issue of admission certificate to the candidate will not imply that his/her candidature has been finally cleared by the Commission. Verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents is taken up only after the candidate has qualified for Interview/Personality Test.
2. HOW TO APPLY:
Candidates are required to apply online by using the website www.upsconline.nic.in Brief Instructions for filling up the Online Application Form have been given in the Appendix II. Detailed instructions are available on the above mentioned website.
3. LAST DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS:
The Online Application can be filled upto 12th November, 2012 till 11.59 PM after which the link will be disabled.
4. The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admission Certificate three weeks before the commencement of the examination. The e-Admission Certificate will be made available on the UPSC website [www.upsc.gov.in] for being downloaded by candidates. No Admission Certificate will be sent by post. All the applicants are required to provide valid & active e-mail i.d., while filling up Online application form as the Commission may use electronic mode for contacting them.
5. PENALTY FOR WRONG ANSWERS :
Candidates should note that there will be penalty (Negative Marking) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the Objective Type Question Papers.
6. For both writing and marking answers in the OMR sheet [Answer Sheet], candidates must use black ball pen only. Pens with any other colours are prohibited. Do not use Pencil or Ink pen. Candidates should note that any omission/mistake/discrepancy in
encoding/filling of details in the OMR answer sheet, especially with regard to Roll Number and Test Booklet Series Code, will render the answer sheet liable for rejection. Candidates are further advised to read carefully the “Special Instructions” contained in Appendix-III of the Notice.
7. FACILITATION COUNTER FOR GUIDANCE OF CANDIDATES :
In case of any guidance/information/clarification regarding their applications,candidature etc. candidates can contact UPSC’s Facilitation Counter near Gate ‘C’ of its campus in person or over Telephone No. 011-23385271/ 011- 23381125/011-23098543
on working days between 10.00 hrs and 17.00 hrs.
INSTRUCTIONS TO THE CANDIDATES FOR FILLING ONLINE APPLICATIONS
Candidates are required apply Online using the Website www.upsconline.nic.in. Salient Features of the system of Online Application Form are given hereunder:
- Detailed instructions for filling up Online Applications are available on the above mentioned Website
- Candidates will be required to complete the Online Application Form containing two stages viz Part-I and Part-II as per the instructions available in the above-mentioned site through drop down menus.
- The candidates are required to pay a fee of Rs.100/- (Rupees One Hundred only) [excepting SC/ST/Female/Physically Handicapped candidates who are exempted from payment of fee] either by despositing the money in any branch SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India, State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/State Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Myhsore/State Bank of Patiala/State Bank of Travancore or by using any Visa/Master Credit/Debit Card.
- Before start filling up of Online Application, a candidate must have his/her photograph and signature duly scanned in the .jpg format in such a manner that each file should not exceed 40 KB and should not be less than 3 KB each in size for the photograph and 1 KB for the signature.
- The Online Application (Part l and II) can be filled from 13th October 2012 to 12th November, 2012 till 11.59 p.m., after which link will be disabled.
- Applicants should avoid submitting multiple applications however if due to any unavoidable circumstance, any applicant submits multiple applications then he/she must ensure that the applications with higher RID is complete in all respects.
- In case of multiple applications, the application with higher RID shall be entertained by the Commission and fee paid against one RID shall not be adjusted against any other RID.
- The applicants must ensure that while filling their Application Form, they are providing their valid and active E-mail IDs as the Commission may use electronic mode of communications while contacting them at different stages of examination process.
- The applicants are advised to chedk their emails at regular intervals and ensure that the email address ending firstname.lastname@example.org are directed to their inbox folder and not to the SPAM folder or any other folder.
- Candidates are strongly advised to apply online well in time without waiting for the last date for submission of online Application.
click above to download
the vacancy details
click above to apply
online to SCRA Exam