Table of Contents
Last Date to apply to Northern Railway: 28th February, 2019
Electric Workshop, Dayabasti, Delhi
Application in the prescribed Performa only with requisite enclosure are invited from Retired SSE/Electrical and JE/Electrical,staff of Northern Railway to work in ElectricWorkshop Dayabasti, Delhi of Northern Railway on re-engagement basis for filling up the vacancies as detailed below.
1.Name of the Post- SSE/Electrica
No of post- 01
Pay Scale- Rs.9300-34800-4600 & (Level-7)
2.Name of the Post- JE/Electrica
No of post- 01
Pay Scale- Rs.9300-34800-4200 & (Level-6)
About Northern Railway
The Northern Railway is one of the 17 Railway zones of India and the northernmost zone of the Indian Railways. Its headquarter is New Delhi Baroda House near India Gate. Officially notified as a new railway zone on 14 April 1952, its origin goes back to 3 March 1859. On 14 April 1952, the Northern Railway zone was created by merging Jodhpur Railway, Bikaner Railway, Eastern Punjab Railway and three divisions of the East Indian Railway north-west of Mughalsarai (Uttar Pradesh). On 3 March 1859, Allahabad-Kanpur, the first passenger railway line in North India was opened, which falls under Northern Railway zone.
In 1864, a broad gauge track from Calcutta to Delhi was laid. In 1864, the railway line between Old Delhi and Meerut City railway station was constructed. Meerut Cantt railway station was established by British India government around 1865 after the sepoy mutiny of 1857. In 1866, through trains started running on the East Indian Railway Company’s Howrah-Delhi line. In 1870, the Sind, Punjab and Delhi railway completed the 483 km (300 mi) long Amritsar – Ambala – Jagadhri- Saharanpur – Ghaziabad line connecting Multan (now in Pakistan) with Delhi.
- The prescribed Performa can be downloaded from the website nr.indianrailway.gov.in and should be submitted duly filled in with requisite enclosures at Electric Workshop,Dayabasti, Delhi, Northern Railway.
- The last date for obtaining/submitting the application is 20.02.2019.
- Only Retired Railway employees of Northern Railway who retired from corresponding post/grade are eligible to apply.
- Normally the employee retired should be re-engagedin the same unit of the same Department.
- Such retired employees should not have undergone any major punishment (Asper SF-5) in last 5 years while in service.
- Essential eligibility criteria for submitting application-a)General criteria: Maximum Age 64 years 6 months as on 28.02.2019.b)Should be willing to work in overall jurisdiction of Headquarter.c)Should be medically fit for the category (A-3)for which applying for.
- Monthly remuneration of re-engaged retired employee will be equal to his last Pay drawn minus Pension.
- The re-engagement of Retired Railway employee shall be purely on temporary Arrangement basis and will be terminated as and when regular employees are available.
- The re-engagement can be terminated on other grounds by giving 15 days.Notice without any explanation or any notice.
Find below all the relevant links related to this employment news / notification.
click above to download
the employment notification