Table of Contents
Last Date to apply to Northern Railway:10 Dec,2019
Northern Railway invites all eligible candidates for Walk-In-Interview which will be held on 10-12-2019 (10 AM) to fill up 5vacancies of Medical Practitioners in the required project at the given venue.
Attend this Walk-In-Interview to be held on 10-12-2019 (10 AM). All certificates or documents will have to be produced by aspirant for verification. These will be produced on the day of Interview. All original certificates or documents are required for verification.
Name of the post – Medical Practitioners
No of post – 05
Pay Scale – Rs 75000
MBBS and related experience.
- Walk-In-Interview for engagement of 5 General Duty as full time contract medical Practitioners over Firozpur Division/Northern Railway.
- Depending on administrative exigencies, Railway administration reserves the right to modify number of vacancies and station of posting.
- Contract is extendable up to a total 12 years on year to year basis with each term of engagement not being more than 01 year each for doctors engaged from open market.
- 07 terms on year to year basis with each term of engagement not being more than 01 year each for Retired Railway doctors & Central/State Govt. Retired doctors engaged up to the maximum age limit of 67 years.
- Candidates should submit their application in duplicate on prescribed proforma enclosed herewith latest by 10.00 AM at above mentioned venue on the day of walk-in-interview.
- In case, it is not possible to interview/medically examine all candidates on nominated day, they will be interviewed/medically examined on next working day/days. Thus the candidates should make their own arrangement for stay for a period of two days and come prepared accordingly.
- Remuneration for retired Railway doctors & central/State Govt. retired doctors: Consolidated remuneration at the rates of Rs. 75,000/- per month will be admissible (subject to the condition that remuneration +Pension drawn should not exceed the last pay drawn), if Govt. accommodation is not provided. If Govt. accommodation is provided, an amount equivalent to House Rest Allowance payable to a fresh entrant to Group-A Jr. Scale and license fee of Railway accommodation so provided shall be deducted from the monthly remuneration payable to the CMP.
- Candidates should not have completed more than 53 years of age as on 10.12.2019 However, age relaxation of 05 years SC/ST and 03 years for OBC candidates.
- Engagement of doctors would be on contract basis initially for a period of one year on annual basis up to a maximum of 12 terms as per administrative requirement on the basis of assessment of performance of CMPs. However, services of these doctors can be terminated even before the expiry of one year after giving 15 days notice on either side. Railway administration reserves the right to terminate the contract at any time during the contract by giving 15 days notice or payment of 15 days remuneration without assigning any reason whatsoever. The servicesrendered as contract doctor is a stop gap arrangement and will not be taken in to consideration in case of their selection through UPSC. It will also not confer upon them any right for regularization or permanent absorption in the Railways. The engagement shall purely be on contract basis for a period of one year or till the regular incumbent joins, whichever is earlier.
- Engagement of retired Railway doctors & Central/State Govt. Doctors as CMPs would be purely on contract basis initially for period of one year on annual basis up to a maximum of 07 terms as per administrative requirement. The engagement of CMPs shall be for a period of one year or less from the date of entering into contract or till a regular incumbent joins or on attaining the age of 67 years by the retired railway & Central/State Govt. retired doctors engaged as CMPs shall not have any claim or right for his/her continuity in service or automatic extension of the term of contract. During the validity of contract, the CMP shall be at liberty to terminate the contract for betterment of his/her carrier or on any ground by giving 15 days notice to the Railways. Railway administration reserves the right to terminate contract at any time during the contract by giving 15 days notice remuneration without assigning any reason whatsoever. Essential educational qualification.
- MBBS degree (with completion of internship) from any University/Institution recognized by Indian Medical Council.
- For general duty doctors, the candidates with experience will be given preference. Contract is liable to be terminated, if the contract Medial Practitioner is found to be mentally or physically incapacitated.
- The notification can be downloaded from Northern Railway’s websites www.nr.indianrailways.gov.in
- After approval of the panel by competent authority, the panel will be uploaded at Northern Railway’s website www.nr.indianrailways.gov.in suitable candidates will be intimated through speed-post telephone calls and SMS to report at Divisional Office/Firozpur for posting. The candidates who do not report at the assigned date and time will forfeit their chance of correct engagement and such engagement will be offered to the next empanelled candidate.
- The Northern Railway (abbreviated NR and उरे) is one of the 18 Railway zones of India and the northernmost zone of the Indian Railways. Its headquarter is New Delhi Baroda House near India Gate.
- After all, what other experiences do we have to compare with travel as opportunities to expand our horizons (geographically, culturally, emotionally, intellectually) to encounter people, cultures and places so different from ourselves?” This is what Mick smith and Rosaleen Duffy conclude in their analyses of Contemporary Geographies of Leisure, Tourism and Mobility. The efficacy of travel can never be over-stated and undertaking travel in the current times is increasingly becoming effortless thanks to the commitment and Zeal on the part of Railways, owing to their improved and widespread network.
- Northern Railway, the Jewel Set in the Crown of Indian Railways, has embarked on the mission to vanquish distances and create its own metaphor of existence. Formally established in the year 1952, it remains the largest zone in terms of route Kilometers, even after the re-organization of the Indian Railways into 16 zones. Northern Railway now comprises of 5 Divisions-Ambala, Delhi, Ferozpur, Lucknow and Moradabad.
- On 14 April 1952, the Northern Railway zone was created by merging Jodhpur Railway, Bikaner Railway, Eastern Punjab Railway and three divisions of the East Indian Railway north-west of Mughalsarai (Uttar Pradesh).
- On 3 March 1859, Allahabad-Kanpur, the first passenger railway line in North India was opened, which falls under Northern Railway zone.
- In 1864, a broad gauge track from Calcutta to Delhi was laid.
- In 1864, the railway line between Old Delhi and Meerut City railway station was constructed. Meerut Cantt railway station was established by British India government around 1865 after the sepoy mutiny of 1857.
- In 1866, through trains started running on the East Indian Railway Company’s Howrah-Delhi line.
- In 1870, the Sind, Punjab and Delhi railway completed the 483 km (300 mi) long Amritsar – Ambala – Jagadhri- Saharanpur – Ghaziabad line connecting Multan (now in Pakistan) with Delhi.
- In 1872, Sarai Rohilla railway station was established when the metre gauge railway line from Delhi to Jaipur and Ajmer was being laid. It was a small station just outside Delhi as Delhi was confined to walled city then. All the metre gauge trains starting from (and terminating at) Delhi to Rewari, Punjab, Rajasthan and Gujarat passed through this station. The track from Delhi to Sarai Rohilla was double. The single track from Sarai Rohilla to Rewari was doubled up to Rewari, from where single tracks diverged in five directions.
- In 1876, metre gauge track from Delhi to Rewari and further to Ajmer was laid in 1873 by Rajputana State Railway.
- In 1879, the Sind, Punjab and Delhi railway completed the 483-kilometre-long (300 mi) Amritsar–Ambala–Saharanpur–Ghaziabad line connecting Multan (now in Pakistan) with Delhi.
Find below all the relevant links related to this employment news / notification.
click above to download
the employment notification