Table of Contents
Last Date to apply to Railway Recruitment Cell: 30-11-2018
Employment Notice No. 02/2018 (S&G/RRC/NWR)
RAILWAY RECRUITMENT CELL
North Western Railway
Power House Road, Opp. DRM Office, Jaipur—302006.
Applications are invited from eligible Citizens of India for filling up 10 posts against (8 for Level-1 & 2 for Level-2) Scouts & Guides Quota of North Western Railway for the year 2018-19. The candidates having Scouts & Guides qualification can only apply. The applications for Level-2 (Group ‘C’ Sixth P.0 Pay Band 5200-20200+GP 1900/-) and Level-1 (erstwhile Group `D’ Sixth P.0 Pay Band 5200-20200+GP 1800/-) posts, as given below are to be sent separately only by ordinary post (Courier post/Registered post/ speed post will not be accepted) to Assistant Personnel Officer (Recruitment), Railway Recruitment Cell, North Western Railway, Power House Road, Opp. DRM Office, Jaipur—302006 or dropped in the Application Box kept in the office of RRC, Jaipur upto 17.30 hrs. of the closing date i.e. 30.11.2018. For candidates residing in Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Jammu & Kashmir, Lahaul & Spiti Districts and Pangi Sub-Division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman & Nicobar and Lakshadweep islands and for candidates residing abroad, the closing date for receipt applications by Ordinary Post will be 17.12.2018 upto 17.30 hrs. Applications received after closing date and time will not be entertained.
1.Name of the post- Level-2
No of post- 02
Pay Scale- Rs.5200-20200+GP Rs.1900/-
2.Name of the post- Level-1
No of post- 08
Pay Scale- Rs.5200-20200+GP Rs.1800/-
- Before applying for any level, the candidates should ensure that he/she fulfils all the eligibility norms. The candidates should have the requisite Educational/Technical qualifications from the recognized board/NCVT as on the date of submission of the application. Those awaiting results of the final exams need not apply. RRC may reject the application of candidates at any stage of the recruitment process in case the 8.13 No column in the application should be left blank as that may lead to rejection of the application. N.A. (not applicable) should be written in those Column/Columns which do not apply to the candidate.
- Verification of all testimonials and certificates will also be a mandatory condition for appointment. Candidates are required to produce original documents at the time of document verification.
- In case candidates are selected for Clerical category, they shall have to pasS the proficiency in Typing with minimum speed of 30 w.p.m in English or 25 w.p.m in Hindi, within a period of 02 years from the date of appointment, for which they may get maximum three chances only, no additional time will be given and failing which service of such candidates will be summarily terminated.
- The date, venue and time of the Written Examination will be published on our website & All. The decision of North Western Railway in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of application and allotment of venues will be final and binding on the candidates.
- The candidates are liable to be called at short notice for various stages of the examination.
How to Apply
- First-of-all candidates must carefully read/ go through all the instructions given in this notification and follow the same.
- The application foini as per Annexure 1 should be filled up by the candidate in his/her own handwriting, with blue or black ball point pen (not in pencil, fountain pen or gel pen) duly dated, signed & including Left Thumb Impression. The Application Form should be filled up in English or in Hindi only,(international numbers i.e, 1,2,3 etc. should be used) strictly observing all the instructions given in the Employment Notice. Candidates should affix their normal signature in English (not in capital letters) or in Hindi in the Application Form. Application signed in capital letters (in English)/spaced out letters will be treated as invalid and will be rejected.
Impersonation/Suppression of facts/warninu
- No candidate should attempt impersonation or take the help of any impersonator at any stage of the selection process. Such candidates will be debarred for life time from appearing in all RR13/RRC examinations as well as debarred from any appointment in Railways; in addition, legal action may be taken against the candidate.
- Any material suppression of facts or submitting of forged certificates/caste certificate by a candidate for securing eligibility and/or obtaining privileges, including free travel for appearing in the examination shall lead to rejection of his/her candidature for the particular recruitment for which he/she has applied. Further, he/she will also be debarred from all examinations conducted by all RRB/RRC over the country for a period of 2 years and legal action may be initiated, if warranted.
- A candidate will be debarred from examinations of all RRB/RRC for a specified period/lifetime if (i) the candidate submits multiple applications with different community for the same post & category;(ii) the candidate submits multiple applications with different photo (face) for same post & category and (iii) the candidate submits multiple applications with different documents for the same post & category.
- The posts against Scout & Guide quota are open to all categories and candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC categories who apply against Scout & Guide quota will be extended relaxation in age limit as admissible in general open market recruitment and selected candidates will be taken against reserved roster points.
- Candidates claiming to belong to SC/ST & OBC communities are required to produce community certificates from the competent Authority in the prescribed format (prescribed for Central Government employment) as per Annexure — 2 & 3 respectively and enclose the self attested photocopy of the same with the application.
- The Community Certificate produced by OBC candidates should specifically indicate that the candidate does not belong to Creamy layer and certificate should have been issued in last one year.
About of North Western Railway
North Western Railway came being on 1st October, 2002. It was carved out of 2 divisions each from Northern and Western Railways. The formation of this zone along with five other new zones was first approved by Railway Board on 16th September, 1996 and foundation stone for this zone was laid on 17th October 1996 by the then Prime Minister Shri H.D. Deve Gowda at K.P. Singh Stadium, Jaipur. The impetus for formation of New Zone came with the Government of India notification no. 97/E&R/700/1/Notification dated 14.06.2002 wherein it was decided that North Western Railway with its jurisdiction over existing Jaipur and Ajmer divisions of Western Railway and Jodhpur and Bikaner divisions of Northern Railway was to come into effect from 1.10.2002.
Facts and Other Statistics
- Consisting of four divisions, this railway has a total of 578 stations covering a total of 5449.29 route kms out of which 2575.03 are broad guage and 2874.23 are metre guage. The total track kilometers of this railway, however, are 6559.546 kms. The four divisions are Ajmer, Bikaner, Jaipur & Jodhpur. Jaipur & Ajmer divisions were originally part of Western Railway and Bikaner & Jodhpur were part of Northern Railway. The total number of trains dealt by North Western Railway amounts to 452 out of which BG trains total 264 and MG trains total 188.
- Brief Outline of the Divisions
- Jaipur Division – This division was formed after merging parts of BB&CI, Jaipur State Railways and Rajputana Malwa Railway, Jaipur Division serves the states of Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh and Haryana. Being a predominately passenger earning division (84.92% of its earning is by way of passenger traffic), it deals primarily with cross traffic consisting of fertilizer, cement, oil, salt, food grains, oil seeds, lime stone and gypsum traffic. Container loading is done from here in bulk. The total no. of stations on this division is 128 and the total no. of trains run are 146. Jaipur station alone deals with 88 BG & 22 MG trains and 35,000 passengers in a day. In order to ensure that the passenger does not face any hardship for reservations the division has at the moment 14 functioning Computerized Passenger Reservation System Centres. The staff strength of this division in all categories is 12007.
Find below all the relevant links related to this employment news / notification.
click above to download
the employment notification