Table of Contents
Last Date to apply to Chittaranjan Locomotive Works: 28th November, 2018
Employment Notice No. GMA/MR/Rectt./Sport Quota (O.A.) 2018-19
CHITTARANJAN LOCOMOTIVE WORKS CHITTARANJAN
Principal Chief Personnel Officer, GM’s Building/CLW
P.O.- Chittaranjan, Distt.-Burdwan, Pin-713331(W.B).
Date of Issue: 13-10-2018, Closing Date: 13-11-2018, Closing Time: 17:00 hrs. (For the residents of Andaman, Nicobar & Lakshadweep, Closing Date: 28-11-2018, Closing
1. Applications are invited in the prescribed format from eligible Sports persons, who are Indian nationals, for recruitment against Sports quota (Open Advt.) in CLW for the vacancies indicated below:
1.Name of the post- Hockey(Women)-Goal Keeper
No of post- 10
Other Terms and Conditions
- Applications not fulfilling any of the terms and conditions given in this notification shall be rejected.
- Applicant should possess requisite educational qualification and sports achievements on the date of submission of application.
- Discrepancies in the application submitted would render the candidate ineligible at any time during the selection.
- Eligible applicants will be issued with call letters through Website, Email & mobile number provided within 15 days from the date of closing. Candidate should report with the call letter.
- SC/ST candidates will be eligible for free rail travel in second class for attending Sports Trial/Interview.
- Selected candidates have to pass the requisite medical fitness standards prior to appointment.
- In the event of appointment as Clerk-cum-Typist posts in Group-C, candidates will be required to acquire typing proficiency of 30 w.p.m in English or 25 w.p.m in Hindi within a period of four years from the date of appointment, and till such time appointment will be provisional.
- Decision of CLW Administration in all matters relating to this recruitment shall be final.
- Applicants are advised to check the list of names, whose applications get rejected, which will be published on CLW Railway website address www.clw.indianrailways.gov.in No other intimation of rejection would be communicated to such candidates.
- The recruitment process is based purely on the merit of the candidates. Canvassing in any form will attract disqualification.
- Candidates may download recruitment notification and application form available on CLW website address www.clw.indianrailways.gov.in
- CLW, Chittaranjan reserves the right to cancel or modify recruitment process at any time without assigning reasons thereof.
- The date, time and venue of the trial will be fixed by the Railway Administration and will be intimated to the eligible candidates in due course in the CLW website. The CLW administration is not responsible for late receipt/non-receipt of intimation by the candidate in regards to the date of trial, date of document verification, etc. Therefore, the candidates are advised to visit regularly the CLW website to know the date of trial, date of document verification, etc. Request for postponement of the examination and change of center/venue will not be entertained under any circumstances. Selected candidates should report for the trial on the date mentioned in CLW website positively, even if the call letter is not received.
- Candidates are requested to read all instructions carefully before sending their applications otherwise their applications are likely to be rejected on one or more of the following reasons.
- Applications received after the closing date and time.
- Applications not in the prescribed format or which are incomplete/illegible in any manner.
- Candidates not having the required educational/technical qualifications on the date of applying the application form in terms of the stipulation of notification.
- The candidate is underage/overage as on 01-01-2019 in terms of the stipulation of notification.
- More than one application submitted by the same candidate.
- Applications without latest photo not being pasted in the Space Provided.
- Applications without the declaration being re-produced by the candidates in their own handwriting in the space provide in the application form.
- Application without signature or with signatures in capital letters.
- Copies of required enclosures as mentioned under Para-9 of the Notification.
- Candidates name figuring in debarred list and any other irregularity, as considered by the Railway Administration, which would render the application invalid.
- Certificates for participation and medal winning performances on letter heads are liable to be rejected and will not be considered for recruitment purpose.
- Hockey India is the only recognized National Sports Federation for the game of Hockey; certificate issued other than Hockey India shall not be considered for recruitment against the event of Hockey (Women).
How to apply
- Fill up the application in the prescribed format at Annexure-A on good quality A-4 size white paper after carefully reading the employment notice.
- All columns of application should be filled up by the candidate in his/her own handwriting in English/Hindi using blue/black ball point pen.
- Applicant should write in his/her own handwriting, the sample declaration statement in the space provided in the application form. Applications without the written declaration will be rejected.
- Applicant should Paste one recent passport size colour photograph (not earlier than three months) on the space provided in the application form. The applicant should enclose one stamped envelope with their own correspondence address along with the application form.
- Applicant should enclose with the application a set of legible Xerox copies (selfattested) of all certificates, in proof of Sports Achievements, Educational Qualification, Age, SC/ST/OBC etc.
- Candidates should enclose the application fee mentioned above without fail as explained at Para-5 above. Applications without application fee will be rejected.
- Candidate should clearly indicate the specific category No., Sports Discipline, and Event/Position as given in Para-1.1 above.
- Candidate should write on the top of the envelope containing the application as follows: “Application against Sports Quota (Open Advertisement) Recruitment for the year 2018-19.”
- Candidates should send their applications so as to reach at the address mentioned against the category at Para-7 on or before the closing date and time. Railway Administration shall not be responsible for any postal delay. Late applications would be summarily rejected.
- Serving Government Employees should send their applications through proper channel only i.e. through their office.
About Chittaranjan Locomotive Works:
Chittaranjan Locomotive Works (CLW) has been named after the great freedom fighter, leader and statesmen Deshbandhu Chittaranjan Das.
The production activity started on 26th January, 1950 the day when India became Republic. The initial product of Chittaranjan Locomotive Works was Steam Locomotive . In the period 1950-1972 Chittaranjan Locomotive Works turned out a total number of 2351 Steam Locomotives. From 1968 to 1993 CLW produced 842 Diesel Locomotives and from 1961 to up till 31-12-18 total 6379 nos of Electric locomotives of different types.
CLW over the years has proved to be one of the most accomplished, promising and reliable locomotive manufacturers. It has transformed itself from being a manufacturer of Steam Locomotives to that of Diesel locomotives and finally to Modern,high power,Electric Locomotives. The venture has paid off and at present CLW is proudly producing state-of-the-art 3-phase locos with all modern features of latest “Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistor”(IGBT) technology.
It is one of the largest Electric Locomotive manufacturer in the world. CLW also manufactures AC Traction motors, Switch gears/Control gears, Bogies cast & fabricated, Wheel sets & Steel casting.
Presently,CLW is playing a pivotal role in making Indian Railways self reliant in the field of electric traction both for high speed and heavy hauling load, and thus acting as a vehicle for strengthening Indian economy. Our dedicated endeavor over the years resulted in rapid growth and development of this workshop in providing freight as well as passenger transport solutions.
Find below all the relevant links related to this employment news / notification.
click above to download
the employment notification