Table of Contents
Last Date to apply to Railway Recruitment Boards: 12th April, 2019
Employment Notification: RRC-01/2019
Government of India
Ministry of Railways
Railway Recruitment Boards
Railway wise summary of vacancies for various posts are furnished below for immediate reference. Further, the parameters(Qualification, Medical standard and Suitability of the post for PwBD etc) of various posts included in the CEN is at Annexure A and Railway and post wise vacancy for all the notified posts is at Annexure B. However, Railway reserves the right to revise this assessment in part or full.
1.Name of the post- Group D
No of post- 103769
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS- EXAMINATION PROCESSES
- Malpractices: Any candidate found using unfair means of any kind in the examination/CBT, sending someone else in his/her place to appear in the examination, attempt to impersonate will be debarred from appearing in all the examinations of all the RRBs/RRCs (Railway Recruitment Cell) for lifetime. He/she will also be debarred from getting any appointment in the Railways, and if already appointed, will be dismissed from service. Such candidates are also liable for legal prosecution.
- Banned items: Electronic gadgets like mobile phones, blue tooth, pen drive, laptops, calculators, wrist watches or any other communication devices or pen/pencil, wallet/purses, belts, shoes and metallic wears including ornaments etc. are strictly NOT allowed inside the exam hall. Any infringement of this instruction shall entail summary rejection besides legal action including debarment from future examinations. Candidates are advised in their own interest not to bring any of the banned items including mobile phones etc. to the venue of the examination, as arrangements for safe keeping cannot be assured.
Railway Recruitment Control Board is a government organisation in India. It was set up in 1998 in the Ministry of Railways (Railway Board), New Delhi. In 1945, the Services Commissions were set up at Bombay, Calcutta, Madras and Lucknow. In 1948, the Indian Railway Enquiry Committee reviewed working of commissions.In 1949, due to financial constraints a ban was imposed on recruitment on Indian Railways thus numbers of commissions was reduced to one centrally located at Bombay.In 1953-54 when Economic conditions of Indian Railway improved, four service commission were again set up at Bombay, Madras, Allahabad and Calcutta. In 1956, the Estimates committee generally approved the method of recruitment by the constitution of the Railway Service Commissions. In 1983, to cater to the needs of areas which were being neglected due to locations of the existing commissions, seven more commissions were set up viz, at Ahmedabad, Ajmer, Bhopal, Bhuvneshwar, Chandigarh, Jammu and Srinagar with sitting at Leh and Trivendrum.
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS-ONLINE REGISTRATION & SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION
- Candidates should ensure that they possess/fulfill all eligibility conditions prescribed for the post(s) as on the closing date of online registration i.e. as on 12.04.2019. CANDIDATES WAITING FOR FINAL RESULTS OF PRESCRIBED EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION SHOULD NOT APPLY.
- Before filling up of the online application, candidates are advised to thoroughly read all the instructions and information in the CEN contained in this notification and available on the websites of RRBs.
- Candidates are advised to visit only official websites of the RRBs/RRCs indicated at Para 21.0 (A & B) of this CEN and be very cautious about fake websites and job racketeers.
- Candidates should have their own mobile number and valid & active personal email ID and keep them active for the entire duration of recruitment as RRBs/RRCS shall send all recruitment related communications only through SMS and email till the recruitment is completely over. RRBs/RRCS will not entertain any request for change of mobile number and e-mail address at any stage. Only one ONLINE Registration is permitted through one mobile number and one email ID under this CEN.
- Applications are to be submitted ONLINE through the RRB websites ONLY listed at Para 21.0 (A) of this CEN. One application ONLY is required to be submitted to the selected Railway for all its notified posts in this CEN. Candidates can apply to only one Railway. Application to more than one Railway, will lead to rejection of all the applications. Any attempt to submit more than one application by a candidate against this CEN shall result in disqualification and debarment.
- Admission to all stages of recruitment process shall be purely provisional, subject to the candidates satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions.
- Mere issue of e-Call letter to the candidates will NOT imply that their candidature has been finally accepted by the RRB/RRC. Candidature can be rejected at any stage of recruitment process.
- RRBs/RRCs conduct verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents only after the candidates have qualified in all the stages of examinations and are shortlisted for Document Verification. RRBs/RRCs may reject the candidature of any applicant at any stage of recruitment process in case the candidate is found to be not fulfilling the requisite criteria and if appointed, such a candidate is liable to be removed from service summarily.
- Before applying for the post(s) against this notification, candidates should satisfy themselves that they fulfill all the eligibility norms including age, educational qualification(s) and medical standard(s). Candidates should ensure that they have requisite qualifications from recognized Board/Instituteas on the date of Closure of online registration i.e. 12.04.2019. Those awaiting results of the final examination for the prescribed qualification are not eligible and hence should not apply.
- Applications of candidates who are attempting to apply with minor changes of information and/or facts to more than one Railway and/or multiple applications to the same Railway will be summarily rejected and such candidates will be debarred from all future examinations of RRB and RRC.
- Candidates who have been debarred by any RRB/RRC either for life or for a specified period which is not yet completed should NOT apply for this notification. Their candidature will be rejected during any stage of recruitment as and when detected.
- The Post Parameters (Qualification, Medical Standard and Suitability of the post for PwBD etc.) of various posts are included in this CEN at Annexure A.
- The Railway and post wise vacancies for all the notified posts including reservation of vacancies for SC, ST, OBC(Non creamy layer), EWS, ExSM, CCAA and PwBD are at Annexure B.
- Candidates may please note that these vacancies may increase or decrease as per the requirement of Railway Administration (Please refer Para 1.10 of General Instructions).
HOW TO APPLY
- Candidates can apply for the notified posts of any one Railway only as per their eligibility through ONLINE application mode by visiting the official website of RRBs as listed at Para 21.0 (A).
- Read all the Information and Instructions detailed in this CEN thoroughly before starting to fill up the application by clicking the appropriate Link on the RRB websites. It is essential that the candidate understands all information of this CEN correctly to prevent any mistakes while filling application.
Find below all the relevant links related to this employment news / notification.
click above to download
the employment notification