Table of Contents
Last Date to apply to Northern Railway: 31st January, 2019
Notice No. RRC/NR 02/2018/Apprentice Act
RAILWAY RECRUITMENT CELL
ONLINE applications are invited from ELIGIBLE and desirous candidates for engagement of Act Apprentices under the Apprentices Act 1961 for imparting training at various Divisions/Units/Workshops over Northern Railway. Imparting Training in Railway will not confer any right to the candidates for their absorption in Railway after successful completion of training. It shall not be obligatory on the part of the employer to offer any employment to the Apprentice on completion of period of his/her apprenticeship training in his / her establishment. It shall not be obligatory on the part of the apprentice to accept an employment under the employer.
Candidates are advised in their own interest to submit ONLINE application much before the closing date, to avoid possible inability/failure to log on to the website of RRC on account of heavy load on the internet or website jam during last days. RRC does not accept any responsibility for the candidates not being able to submit their application within the last day on account of aforesaid reasons or any other reason.
1.Name of the post- Act Apprentices
No of post- 1092
(as on date of issue of notification)
The candidate must have passed 10th class examination or its equivalent (under 10+2 examination system) with minimum 50% marks, in aggregate, from recognized Board and must have passed ITI in relevant trade issued by NCVT/SCVT recognized by Government of India.
NOTE:- The candidate should have already pass the prescribed qualification on the date of issue of notification.
About Northern Railway
The Northern Railway is one of the 17 Railway zones of India and the northernmost zone of the Indian Railways. Its headquarter is New Delhi Baroda House near India Gate. Officially notified as a new railway zone on 14 April 1952, its origin goes back to 3 March 1859. On 14 April 1952, the Northern Railway zone was created by merging Jodhpur Railway, Bikaner Railway, Eastern Punjab Railway and three divisions of the East Indian Railway north-west of Mughalsarai (Uttar Pradesh). On 3 March 1859, Allahabad-Kanpur, the first passenger railway line in North India was opened, which falls under Northern Railway zone. In 1864, a broad gauge track from Calcutta to Delhi was laid.
- Notified slots are subject to change i.e. increase or decrease as per the administration requirement.
- Merely Registering/filling up online application on RRC website does not entitle the candidate being eligible for selection process.
- Railway Administration reserves the rights to engage eligible candidates.
- The decision of Railway Administration on all matters relating to eligibility, place, date, mode of selection, acceptance or rejection etc. shall be final and binding on the candidates.
- The candidature of the applicants shall be liable to be rejected at any stage of selection/engagement process in case of concealment of any fact, which is in contravention to the above laid down conditions. The decision of the Railway Administration shall be final and binding on the candidates.
- No TA/DA/Accommodation will be given for appearing in the process. Applicant has to make their own arrangements. The Railway Administration reserves the right to fix any date, as deemed suitable, change place or postpone (at its own convenience), or even cancel the process due to unforeseen circumstances against which no claim will be accepted. No request for change of date &venue will be entertained at any stage.
- Candidates should bring all documents uploaded with ONLINE Application Form in Original along with one set of self attested photo copies i.e. (Matriculation or Equivalent Certificate & Marks Sheet, ITI Trade Certificate issued by NCVT/SCVT with Mark Sheet, Caste Certificate, Disability Certificate, Ex-SM Discharge or Dependent Certificate etc.) on the day of Document Verification at the given Place and Time on EAdmit Card to be downloaded from RRC website, without which candidature will be cancelled. Certificates in languages other than English or Hindi Should be accompanied by a self attested translation in English/Hindi.
- If it is noticed by the Railway Administration that applicant has furnished wrong information/fake certificates, the Railway Administration reserve the right to discharge the candidate/selected candidate at any stage without notice even after his selection to undergo training.
- Candidate’s admission at all stages of the process will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility condition.
- No candidate should attempt impersonation or take the help of any impersonator at any stage of the selection process. Such candidates will be debarred for life from appearing in all RRB/RRC examinations or any appointment in Railways. In addition, legal action may be taken against the candidate.
- Any material suppression of facts or submitting of forged certificates/caste certificate by a candidate for securing eligibility and/or obtaining privileges, including fee exemption for appearing in the selection trial shall lead to rejection of his/her candidature for the particular recruitment for which he/she has applied. Further, he/she will also be debarred from all examinations conducted by all RRB/RRC over the country and legal action may be initiated, if warranted.
HOW TO APPLY
- Steps to be followed for filling the ONLINE Application Click on the “Engagement of Act Apprentice” Link ONLINE Application. Information to Candidate (Notification)
- Candidate Registration – Fill the detail i.e Name, Community, Category, Mobile No., Email ID & Date of Birth and submit. On successful registration candidate will get Password for login subsequently on given Email ID & by SMS on registered Mobile Number.
- Login-“Candidate Dashboard containing update profile, Upload document, payment of Online Fee and final submission will appear”.
- Update Detail, Edit if required, Pay Online Application Fee and then finally save detail.
- Candidate Dashboard appears again containing Application Form, Upload Photo/Signature/Thumb Impression and Application Details/ Print.
- Now click on upload Photo link in the “Candidates Dashboard” and Photograph, Signature & Thumb Impression having size 10 to 50 KB in jpg format & Save Images and upload certificates like :- Educational, Caste, PWD & Ex-SM Certificates etc. On completion candidate can take print of application & Fee payment slip for candidate purpose record only.
Find below all the relevant links related to this employment news / notification.
click above to download
the employment notification