Table of Contents
Last Date to apply to South Western Railway: 28th January, 2019
Employment Notice No. 06/2018 (Scouts & Guides)
SOUTH WESTERN RAILWAY
GM's Office Building, Gadag Road,
Applications are hereby invited from the citizens of India in the prescribed format from eligible and meritorious Scouts & Guides candidates for filling up 03 (Three) posts in Level-2 and 08 (Eight) posts in Level-1 in Group 'C' categories in VII CPC Pay Matrix against Scouts & Guides Quota for the year 2018-19 as under:
1.Name of the Post- Group C
No of Post- 03
Pay Scale- Rs.5200-202004
2.Name of the Post- Group D
No of Post- 08
Pay Scale- Rs.5200-20200
The upper age limit prescribed above will be relaxable
- Upto a maximum of FIVE years in the case of candidates belong to a Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe.
- Upto a maximum of THREE years in the case of candidates belong to Other Backward Classes.
- Upto a maximum of FIVE years if a candidate had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st January, 1980 to the 31st Day of December, 1989. The persons claiming relaxation under this sub-para would be required to produce a certificate to this effect from the District Magistrate within whose jurisdiction they had ordinarily resided or from any other authority designated in this behalf by the Govt. of Jammu and Kashmir.
- The Serving Railway employees who have put in 03 years continuous service in the Railways as on the date of Notification will be eligible for age relaxation upto the upper age limit of 40 years in the case of General Category Candidates, 45 years in the case of SC/ST category candidates and 43 years in the case of OBC category Candidates.
- The staff of Quasi-Administrative offices or organisations such as Railway Consumer Co-operative Societies, Canteens and Institutes etc. will be given relaxation in age limit to the extent of 05 years or service rendered in such organisation, whichever is less.
- The upper age limit in the case of Widows, Divorced women and women judicially separated from their husbands, who are not remarried, shall be relaxed upto the age of 35 years. In such cases, there will be further relaxation upto the age of 38 years for Other Backward Class (OBC) candidates and upto 40 years for Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribes (SC/ST) candidates.
About Sourthern Railway
It is headquartered at Hubballi and comprises three divisions namely Hubballi, Mysuru, and Bengaluru. The fourth division at Kalaburgi will come up shortly and preparations of work has already begun. The zone came into existence on 1 April 2003. South Western Railway covers most of the railway lines in the state of Karnataka (other than the Konkan Railway), west parts of Dharmapuri district and Hosur taluka of Tamil Nadu. Karnataka has the fewest electrified and/or doubled broad gauge lines compared to other states in India (5%). The section between Bangalore-Mysore(136 kilometres (85 mi)) is doubled and electrified. The Bangalore-Hubli line is being doubled in isolated patches. While Bangalore-Tumkur was doubled and opened to traffic in 2007, progress on other sections has been painfully slow. The doubling of the Arsikere-Chikjajur section of the same line was completed in 2015, while doubling of Tumakuru-Arsikere and Huballi-Chikjajur section are in progress. Bellary-Hospet line is completely doubled and opened for traffic, Hubli-Gadag, Gadag-Hotgi and Londa - Miraj - Pune line doubling is in progress. In the 2016 Railway Budget, electrification of Bangalore-Omalur (via:Hosur, Dharmapuri) was also announced. In February 2017, the Bangalore - Hassan railway line via Shravanabelagola was completed.
- The name & initial of the candidate & father's name appearing in School/College certificates and in Scouts & Guides certificates should be one and the same.
- Candidates applying for more than one post (i.e. For the posts in Level-2 and Level-1 of VII CPC Pay Matrix) shall submit separate applications with separate IPO/IPOs as fee and documents.
- The candidates serving in any Government Department or Public Sector Undertaking including Railways should apply through proper channel or should apply directly with NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE from the employer to avoid delay. Advance copy of the application from such candidates without 'No Objection Certificate' from the employer will not be entertained. Please note that no application received after the prescribed date will be entertained.
- The applicant is liable to be appointed against any suitable post in Level-2 or Level-1 in the VII CPC Pay Matrix as the case may be, anywhere on South Western Railway and Rail Wheel Factory, Yelahanka.
- Candidates will have to undergo prescribed training course as applicable for the post as per existing instructions.
- Canvassing in any form shall disqualify the candidature.
- The candidates should be in readiness to appear for the written test at short notice after the last date for submission of application is over. Please check the website of RRC, Hubballi at www.rrchubli.in OR SWR website www.swr. indianrailways.ggv ifl regularly for getting the information regarding eligibility list, written test etc.
- The candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC shall submit caste certificates in the prescribed proforma from the appropriate authority. The original certificate must be produced at the time of verification. The candidature of the candidates submitting Caste Certificates issued by the authorities other than those authorised, are liable to be disqualified. (Format of Caste Certificate for SC/ST candidates in Annexure 'B' and OBC candidates in Annexure `C' are available on the website of RRC, Hubballi at www.rrchubli.in OR SWR website www.swr.indianrailways.qov.in).
- No TA/DA/Accommodation will be given for appearing in the Written Examination Nerification of Certificates, Etc. They may also be required to stay during the written examination/verification of certificates, Etc. for 2 to 3 days, for which they have to make their own arrangements. The Railway Administration have all the rights reserved to fix any date, as deemed suitable, change place or postpone the selection (as its own convenience), or even cancel selection due to unforeseen circumstances against which no claim will be accepted. Selected candidates will be posted anywhere on South Western Railway and Rail Wheel Factory, Yelahanka.
- Candidates selected against Scouts & Guides quota shall be terminated from service summarily if the information and documents furnished by him/her for recruitment are found incorrect/fake at any stage.
HOW TO APPLY
- Candidates should carefully read all the instructions given in the employment notification before filling the application form.
- Application as per the prescribed format shall be submitted on A-4 size good quality paper. The Application can also be downloaded from the website of RRC, Hubballi (www.rrchubli.in) or from South Western Railway website (www.swr.indinrailways.gov.in). The application should be filled in English/Hindi language only. The applications written in other than in English/Hindi languages will be rejected.
- The application should be filled by the candidate in his/her own handwriting and signed.
- The candidate has to affix/paste (not to be pinned) one recent passport size color photograph without cap & without coloured glasses (not older than three months), duly attested by signing partially on the application and partially on the photo in the space provided for the purpose. Candidate is also required to enclose one extra passport size photograph (same as the one affixed/pasted on the application) along with the application.
Find below all the relevant links related to this employment news / notification.
click above to download
the employment notification