Table of Contents
Last Date to apply to North Eastern Railway :25 December,2019
North Eastern Railway
Lucknow & Varanasi (Uttar Pradesh)
NER Recruitment aka North Eastern Railway, Gorakhpur page for all latest Exam Career, Admit card, Answer Key & All NER Exam Notification Updates at single place. North Eastern Railway Online Jobs Qualification/ eligibility conditions, how to apply NER Vacancy & other rules are given below… Official Website is www.ner.indianrailways.gov.in
Name of the post – Act Apprentice
No of post – 1104
Pay Scale – Not Specified
High School/10th with minimum 50% marks & ITI in notified trade on the date of issue of notification from recognised Board.
- Canvassing in any form would be a disqualification.
- The candidates who are called for verification of certificates are not eligible for any Travelling/Dearness Allowances.
- Engineering Graduates and Diploma holders are not eligible to apply for apprenticeship in response to this notification as they are governed by separate scheme of apprenticeship.
- The selected candidates shall execute a contract of Apprenticeship under the Apprentices Act, 1961 and if such a candidate is a minor, his parent/Guardian shall execute the prescribed contract. The Apprentices shall be governed by the provisions of Apprentices Apprenticeship Rules, 1962 as amended from time to time and such Rules and Regulations applicable to them.
- In case an Apprentice discontinues the apprenticeship training and fails to fulfill the obligations as per his contract without valid reasons, he shall have to refund the stipend paid to him, the cost of training and such other costs that may be determined under the Rules by the Railway Administration.
- The candidature for training is liable to be cancelled at any time if false declaration discovered and candidates are not adhering Rules & Regulations of Railways. The decision of the Railway Administration in this regard will be final and binding. No further correspondence in this regard would be entertained.
- This notification can be seen and online application can be made on the official website of North East Railway www.ner.indianrailways.gov.in by clicking Act Apprentice Notification-2019-20 (available at About us >Departments >Personnel > Notification).
- Selection of the eligible candidates for imparting training under the Apprentice Act, 1961 will be based on the percentage of marks obtained in High School/10th examination. Candidates may opt for more than one unit/place. In case, his merit position does not permit to allot first choice, he will be allotted subsequent choice.
- Selected candidates will be called for document verification at Gorakhpur and they will have to bring a copy of online application, Medical Certificate in prescribed format, one passport size photograph, all their original certificates & testimonials for verification purpose. Apprentice training of successful candidates will be started from 01.04.2020 at allotted Division/Unit.
- Training & stinend:-Training will be arranged in accordance with the standards and syllabus prescribed by the Central Apprenticeship Council. The selected candidates will
be paid stipend during Apprenticeship at the prescribed rates as per extant instructions.
- Disclaimer-Act apprentices imparted training in Railway establishments will have no claim to seek employment on Railways on the basis of such training.
- Cancellation of earlier notifications-Any notifications for apprentice training in above units for year 2019-20 stands cancelled and all such candidates are required to fill online application for this purpose.
- The candidates must not be less than 15 years of age and not more than 24 years of age as on 25.122019. In the case of SC/ST candidate’s upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years and in the case of OBC candidates, the upper age limit is relaxed by 3 years. For Divyang candidates maximum 10 years age relaxation is permitted.
- Selected candidates called for document verification will have to submit Medical Certificate in prescribed format issued by authorized Medical Officer as per medical certificate proforma enclosed herewith. Eligibility of Divyang for particular trade shall be governed by Railway Boards guidelines.
- Candidates are required to submit their applications & processing fee (Rs.100/-) online. Before submitting online application, the candidate should ensure himself that they are eligible under this notification. Server will be opened at 10.00 hrs on 26.11.2019 for online application and will be closed at 17.00 hrs on 25.12.2019.
- North Eastern Railway is one of the most important transit zones, that is, it is used to take in ;oaded wagons, especially food grains, from Northern Railway divisions like Firozpur, and move it towards Eastern belt and the Northern Frontier region (Seven Sister States). Thus, it acts as an essential cog in the food security of the country. Apart from being an important transit zone, it is also at the center-stage for much inward traffic from the neighboring zones. The inward traffic comprises food grains, fertiliser, stone chips, cement, petroleum, coal, etc.
- As North Eastern Railway caters to a large area spread from the Western part of Uttar Pradesh towards Eastern Uttar Pradesh and area comprising Western Bihar, it runs many passenger trains for the economically weaker sections. Thus, in its true sense, North Eastern Railway is delivering on the balance between social as well commercial objective of the Indian Railways.
- The North Eastern Railway was formed on 14 April 1952 by combining two Railway systems the Oudh and Tirhut Railway and Assam Railway and the Cawnpore-Achnera Provincial State Railway of the Bombay, Baroda and Central India Railway. The Cawnpore-Barabanki Railway was transferred to the North Eastern Railway on 27 February 1953. NER was bifurcated into two Railway Zones on 15 January 1958, the North Eastern Railway and the Northeast Frontier Railway and all lines east of Katihar were transferred to Northeast Frontier Railway.
- By December 2017, railways for the first time installed 6,095 GPS-enabled “Fog Pilot Assistance System” railway signalling devices in four most affected zones, Northern Railway zone, North Central Railway zone, North Eastern Railway zone and North Western Railway zone, by doing away with the old practice of putting firecrackers on train tracks to alert train divers running trains on snail’s pace. With these devices, train pilots precisely know in advance, about the location of signals, level-crossing gates and other such approaching markers.
Find below all the relevant links related to this employment news / notification.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form