Table of Contents
Last Date to apply to Northern Railway: 15th October, 2019
Employment Notice No. 02/2019
Lajpat Nagar-I, New Delhi-110024
ONLINE Applications are invited from ELIGIBLE Indian citizens for recruitment of following Level-1 Multi Tasking Staff in Commercial Department of Northern Railway. Merely Registering/filling up online application on RRC website does not entitle the candidate being eligible for Written Examination. Candidature of the applicant is provisional at all stages of selection process subject to fulfilling the eligibility conditions. Candidates are advised in their own interest to submit Online Application much before the closing date to avoid possibility of any failure to submit application due to heavy load/jam on website. Separate Application with prescribed fee is to be filled for Service Side & Cooking Side if fulfils the eligibility conditions.
1.Name of the post- Multi-Tasking Staff-Commercial Department, Catering Unit-SERVICE SIDE
No of post- 94
2.Name of the post- Multi-Tasking Staff-Commercial Department, Catering Unit-COOKING SIDE
No of post- 24
Examination fee is to be paid through ONLINE MODE and Service Charge as applicable will be borne by the candidate. Candidates to note that RRC/NR is not responsible for incomplete or pending online examination fee transaction for whatever reason. In such case candidate need to proceed with fresh/new transaction of payment of examination fee.(i)For all candidates except those mentioned in sub-para (ii) below: Rs. 500/- (Rupees Five Hundred) only through Online Payment in favour of RRC/NR. The examination fee of Rs. 400/- will be refunded after dedcuting bank charges to candidate who actually appeared in the written examination. (ii)For candidates belonging to SC/ST, Women, Minorities, PwBD, ExSM, Transgender and Economically Backward Classes: Rs. 250/- (Rupees Two Hundred Fifty) only. Examination Fee will be refunded after deducting bank charges to these Categories of Candidate only when they actually appear in the Written Examination.(iii)Candidate to note that in case of refund of Examination Fee it will be transferred back to the source from where it is received in RRC Account.
About Northern Railway
The Northern Railway is one of the 18 Railway zones of India and the northernmost zone of the Indian Railways. Its headquarter is New Delhi Baroda House near India Gate. Officially notified as a new railway zone on 14 April 1952, its origin goes back to 3 March 1859. On 14 April 1952, the Northern Railway zone was created by merging Jodhpur Railway, Bikaner Railway, Eastern Punjab Railway and three divisions of the East Indian Railway north-west of Mughalsarai (Uttar Pradesh). On 3 March 1859, Allahabad-Kanpur, the first passenger railway line in North India was opened, which falls under Northern Railway zone. In 1864, a broad gauge track from Calcutta to Delhi was laid.
- Merely Registering/filling up online application on RRC website does not entitle the candidate being eligible for recruitment process. All the recruitment against Open Advertisement quota shall be at the minimum of scale of pay in the Pay Matrix.
- Railway Administration reserves the rights to recruit eligible candidates at any place. Candidates are also advised not to bring any valuable/costly items to the examination hall as safe keeping of these items can not be assured. Administration will not be responsible for any loss in this regard.
- The decision of NR administration on all matters relating to eligibility, place, date, mode of selection, acceptance or rejection, recommendation of post, place of posting, grade etc. shall be final and binding on the candidates.
- Candidates already employed in Govt. Service should submit Online Application with NOC from the Employer, without which application shall be summarily rejected at any stage.
- The candidature of the applicants shall be liable to be rejected at any stage of recruitment in case of concealment of any fact, which is in contravention to the above laid down conditions. The decision of the Railway Administration shall be final and binding on the candidates.
- No TA/DA/Accommodation will be given for appearing in the recruitment process. However in case of SC/ST candidates who have uploaded their proper community certificate will be given free travel authority (2nd class) with E Admit Card and such candidates will be allowed to use this authority to travel on production of self attested copy of E-Call letter and SC/ST certificate. During the journey these candidate should carry E-Admit Card with original SC/ST certificate and original proof of identity failing which they will be treated as without ticket and charged accordingly.
How To Fill Up The Application
- Steps to be followed for filling the ONLINE Application.
- Click in the BOX given at the end of the notification undertaking by the candidate that I have read carefully the notification with instructions given above to be complied with during the recruitment process.
- Click on APPLY ONLINE – LOGIN BOX will appear with two options i.e. Login for Already Registered Candidates & for New Registrations.
- Candidate Dashboard will appear as under in RED color which will turn into GREEN on step wise completion. Candidate may complete the Online application from Part I to Part IV with option to take print of the Payment slip and Application for future reference, if need be, in one go or in parts but must be completed in all respects within the last date given. Candidate to follow the instructions generated by software during the process of submitting ONLINE APPLICATION at every step.
Find below all the relevant links related to this employment news / notification.
click above to download
the employment notification