Table of Contents
Last Date to apply to Railway Recruitment Cell Central Railway: 30th December, 2018
RAILWAY RECRUITMENT CELL
Chief Project Manager (Conv)’s Office
P. D’Mello Road,
In terms of the instructions issued vide Railway Board’s letter No. E (NG)I-92/PM2/16 dated 20/08/1993 (RBE No. 129/1993) and other instructions issued from time to time, applications are hereby invited ONLINE for filling up of 125 posts of Goods Guard in Level-5 Rs. 29,200-92,300 in 7th CPC (erstwhile 6th CPC Grade Pay Rs. 2800) through General Departmental Competitive Examination (GDCE) from all the eligible regular serving Railway employees of Central Railway as on the date of issue of notification.
The serving regular employees of Divisions/Units/Workshops/Headquarters of Central Railway except RPF/RPSF Personnel, irrespective of the cadre in which they are
working may register their applications for GDCE ONLINE within the stipulated date and time as per the instructions available on RRC/CR’s website www.rrccr.com.
1.Name of the post- Goods Guard
No of post- 125
- Zone of consideration: Only serving regular Railway employees of Central Railway are eligible working in:
- Lower than the Level of pay for which GDCE is being held.
- Same Level of pay for which GDCE is being held can apply for selection from Non Safety to Safety as well as Safety to Safety posts.
- Accordingly, candidates working in level 5 and below are eligible to apply. Candidates who have been granted MACP in level-6 and above, but working in substantive Level-1 to 5 are eligible.
Note: RPF/RPSF Personnel are not eligible to apply in terms of Railway Board’s letter no. E(NG)I/2002/PM2/9 dated 11/08/2003 (RBE No. 139/2003). 4.2 Educational Qualification: Degree from a recognized Board/University/Institute OR its equivalent on the date of notification. Those awaiting results of the final examination NEED NOT apply. Entry of the prescribed minimum Educational Qualification and those entered in the online application should also be in the Service Record of the candidate. Without this, the application will be treated as invalid at the scrutiny stage. Mark sheets should not be uploaded.
- The process shall comprise of a Computer Based Test (CBT), followed by Document Verification and Medical Examination.
- Standard of examination shall be like that of direct recruitment conducted by RRB. The question paper will have 100 questions, each carrying one mark and the
duration of the examination will be 90 Minutes.
- The selection will be made strictly as per merit in the Computer Based Test (CBT). Shortlisted candidates will be called for verification of their original documents.
- CBT will have multiple choice type questions. There shall be negative marking in CBT and 1/3 of the allotted mark shall be deducted for every wrong answer.
- The standard of questions for the CBT will be generally in conformity with the educational standards prescribed for the post. The questions will be of objective
type with multiple choices and are likely to include questions pertaining to General awareness, Arithmetic, General Intelligence and Reasoning.
- The selected employees under GDCE will have to pass prescribed training courses prior to appointment to the post for which they are selected under GDCE.
- The date, time and venue of the CBT will be fixed by RRC/CR and will be intimated to the eligible candidates in due course. Request for postponement of the CBT and
change of centre/venue will not be entertained under any circumstance.
- Probable date of CBT is March/April 2018.
- The CBT will be conducted by RRC/CR and its date will be notified by RRC/CR in due course through Messages on mobiles, e-mails registered in the applications
and on website of RRC/CR.
- During CBT, candidates should read the instructions on the computer terminal DASH BOARD carefully and follow them scrupulously. Failure to comply with the
instructions may lead to disqualification of candidates.
- Sample mock test will be uploaded on the RRC’s website www.rrccr.com well before the CBT so that the candidates become familiar with the CBT procedure.
- The questions under CBT will be in 5 languages i.e. Marathi, Hindi, Kannada, Urdu and English. The candidate will have to choose any one of these languages. In
case of any discrepancy between various versions, the English version will prevail.
About Central Railway
Central Railway is one of the 16 zones of Indian Railways. Its headquarters is in Mumbai at Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus. It has the distinction of operating first passenger railway line in India, which opened from Mumbai to Thane on 16 April 1853. The railway zone was formed on 5 November 1951 by grouping several government-owned railways, including the Great Indian Peninsula Railway, the Scindia State Railway of the former princely state of Gwalior, Nizam State Railway, Wardha Coal State Railway and the Dholpur Railways. The Central Railway zone formerly included large parts of Madhya Pradesh and part of southern Uttar Pradesh, which made it the largest railway zone in India in terms of area, track mileage and staff. These areas became the new West Central Railway zone in April 2003. The Central Railway General Manager's official residence (erstwhile GIPR agent's residence), 'Glenogle'-a Grade II-B heritage bungalow, is located on Bhausaheb Hire Marg (Mount Pleasant Road), adjacent to the Maharashtra Chief minister's official residence 'Varsha' in Malabar Hill, Mumbai.
- Before applying, the Candidates should carefully read the instructions and ensure that he/she fulfils all the prescribed eligibility criteria at the time of ONLINE
REGISTRATION of application as per the Notification.
- The vacancies are to be filled up in various Divisions of Central Railway. The selected candidates are liable to be posted anywhere on Central Railway. Decision of Railway Administration in this regard shall be final.
- RRC reserves the right to alter the mode of examination or re-conduct the CBT or to cancel part or whole of any process of the selection at any stage without assigning any reason.
- RRC reserves the right to conduct the CBT in batches on various dates and locations as decided by the RRC.
- The selected employees under GDCE will have to pass the prescribed training courses prior to appointment to the post for which he/she is selected under GDCE wherever applicable.
- The scheme of GDCE will be implemented according to the guidelines issued by Railway Board from time to time and will be binding on all.
- Before applying, the candidates should carefully read the instructions and ensure that he/she fulfills all the prescribed eligibility criteria at the time of submission of application as per the Notification.
- RRC reserves the right to conduct the examination in batches on various dates and locations as decided by the RRC.
- The list of eligible/ineligible candidates will be published on the website of the RRC. The eligible candidates can download their admit cards from the RRC website in due course. Candidates are advised to be in continuous access of RRC website for various information of the stages of selection.
Find below all the relevant links related to this employment news / notification.
click above to download
the employment notification