Table of Contents
Last Date to apply to Railway Recruitment Boards: 07th April, 2019
Government Of India, Ministry of Railway
Railway Recruitment Boards
Dates for CBTs and other stages of recruitment process shall be intimated through Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) websites listed at Para- 20.0 of this Notice from
time to time.
ONLINE applications are invited by RRBs from eligible Indian Nationals and other nationals as brought out at Para 4 of CEN for various posts of Ministerial and Isolated Categories in various Zonal Railways and Production Units of Indian Railways. Applications complete in all respects should be submitted ONLINE to the Railway Recruitment Board of choice till 23.59hrs. of 16.04.2019.
1.Name of the post- Post Graduate Teacher/ Biology (English Medium) (Male) (Female)
No of post- 1665
Pay Scale- Rs.44900/- Level 07/-
Railway Recruitment Control Board is a government organisation in India. It was set up in 1998 in the Ministry of Railways (Railway Board), New Delhi. In 1945, the Services Commissions were set up at Bombay, Calcutta, Madras and Lucknow. In 1948, the Indian Railway Enquiry Committee reviewed working of commissions.In 1949, due to financial constraints a ban was imposed on recruitments on Indian Railways thus numbers of commissions was reduced to one centrally located at Bombay.In 1953-54 when Economic conditions of Indian Railway improved, four service commission were again set up at Bombay, Madras, Allahabad and Calcutta. In 1956, the Estimates committee generally approved the method of recruitment by the constitution of the Railway Service Commissions. In 1983, to cater to the needs of areas which were being neglected due to locations of the existing commissions, seven more commissions were set up viz, at Ahmedabad, Ajmer, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Jammu and Srinagar with sitting at Leh and Trivendrum. In 1984 two more service commissions were set up at Malda and Gorakhpur. In January, 1985 Railway Service Commissions have been renamed as Railway Recruitment Board (RRB). At present 19 Railway Recruitment Boards are functioning.
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS- EXAMINATION PROCESSES
- Malpractices: Any candidate found using unfair means of any kind in the examination, sending someone else in his/her place to appear in the examination, attempt to impersonate will be debarred from appearing in all the examinations of all the RRBs/RRCs (Railway Recruitment Cell) for lifetime. He/she will also be debarred from getting any appointment in the Railways, and if already appointed, will be dismissed from service. Such candidates are also liable for legal prosecution.
- Banned items: Electronic gadgets like Mobile phones, blue tooth, pen drive, laptops, calculators, wrist watches or any other communication devices or pen/pencil, wallet/purses, shoes, belts and metallic wears including ornaments etc. are strictly NOT allowed inside the exam hall. Any infringement of this instruction shall entail summary rejection besides legal action including debarment from future examinations. Candidates are advised in their own interest not to bring any of the banned items including mobile phones etc. to the venue of the examination, as arrangements for safe keeping cannot be assured.
- Stages of Exam: There shall be a Single Stage Computer Based Test (CBT) followed by Stenography Skill Test (SST)/Translation Test (TT)/Performance Test (PT)/Teaching Skill Test (TST) (as applicable) and document verification and medical examination thereafter. RRBs reserve the right to conduct the CBT in Single or multi stage mode.
- Call Letters: Candidates will have to download the City and Date Intimations, e-Call Letters and Travel Authority (wherever applicable) from the links provided on the official websites of RRBs.
- Normalization of Marks: Marks will be normalized for all the stages of exam involving multiple sessions. Marks will be normalized as per the formulae given in Para No. 14.0 & 14.1 of this Notice.
- Short Listing for Various Stages: RRB-wise shortlisting of candidates for DV will be based on the merit of the candidates in the CBT. The shortlisting for Stenography Skill Test/Translation Test shall be to the extent of 10 times vacancies based on the merit of the candidates in the CBT. The shortlisting for Performance Test/Teaching Skill Test for the posts of school teachers shall be 2-1/2 (2.5) times the number of vacancies based on the merit of the candidates in the CBT. In case where more than one candidate obtains marks equal to cut off point, they will all be called for Performance Test/Teaching Skill Test even if the number of candidates called for Performance Test/Teaching Skill Test becomes more than 2-1/2 (2.5) times.
- Negative Marking: There shall be negative marking for incorrect answer in CBTs. Deduction of 1/3rd of the marks allotted for each question shall be made for each wrong answer.
- Admission to all stages of recruitment process shall be purely provisional, subject to the candidate satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions.
- Mere issue of e-Call letter to the candidates will NOT imply that their candidature has been finally accepted by the RRB.
- RRBs conduct verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents only after the candidates have qualified in all the stages of examinations and are shortlisted for Document Verification. RRBs may reject the candidature of any applicant at any stage of recruitment process in case the candidate is found to be not fulfilling the requisite criteria and if appointed, such a candidate is liable to be removed from service summarily.
- Before applying for the post(s) against this notification, candidates should satisfy themselves that they fulfill all the eligibility norms including age, educational qualification(s) and medical standard(s). Candidates should ensure that they have requisite educational/technical qualifications from recognized Board/ University/Institute as on the closing date for online registration i.e. 07.04.2019. Those awaiting results of the final examination for the prescribed qualification are not eligible and hence should not apply.
- All applications of candidates attempting to apply with minor changes of information and/or facts to more than one RRB and/or multiple applications to the same RRB will be summarily rejected and such candidates will be debarred from all future examinations of RRB and RRC.
- Candidates who have been debarred by any RRB/RRC either for life or for a specified period which is not yet completed should NOT apply for this notification. Their candidature will be rejected during any stage of recruitment as and when detected.
- Candidates should enter their Name, Father’s Name and Date of Birth as recorded in the SSLC/Matriculation/High School Examination Certificate or an equivalent Certificate ONLY. In cases of name change, candidates should indicate their changed Name only in the ONLINE application. However, other details should match with the Matriculation or Equivalent certificate. Date of such change (or) application for such change should be prior to the date of registration of ONLINE application. Gazette Notification or any other legal document as applicable for such cases should be submitted at the time of Document Verification (DV).
- Signatures of the candidates on all documents should be identical in all stages of recruitment process and must be in running hand and not in block/capital or disjointed letters. Signatures in different style at the time of CBT, Stenography Skill Test, Performance Test/Teaching Skill Test, Translation Test, DV etc. may result in cancellation of candidature.
- Dates of examinations will also be published on the websites of participating RRBs. E-Call letters for CBTs, Stenography Skill Test, Performance Test/Teaching Skill Test, Translation Test and DV (as applicable) should be downloaded ONLY from websites of the Railway Recruitment Boards concerned. The CBT Centre, date and shift indicated in the e-call letter shall be final. No call letters will be sent by post. RRBs reserve the right to introduce additional CBTs and/or additional SST/PT/TST or TT, additional DV etc., without assigning any reason.
Find below all the relevant links related to this employment news / notification.
click above to download
the employment notification