Table of Contents
Last Date to apply to Northern Railway: 30th January, 2019
Employment Notice No. RRC/NR 03/2018/S&G
Railway Recruitment Cell
State Entry Road, New Delhi.
ONLINE Applications is invited from ELIGIBLE Indian citizens for recruitment of following posts in Level 1 & 2 of Pay Matrix 7th CPC against Scouts and Guides Quota for the year 2018-19 in Northern Railway. The posts are open to all candidates and candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/ExSM/PWD Categories who apply against this notification will be extended relaxation in age limit as admissible in a general open market recruitment. However, in case of being selected with any relaxation on account
of being a candidate from the above categories, he/she will be taken against reserved roster point.
Applicant can apply for both categories i.e. Level 1 & 2 subject to full filling eligibility condition given below but have to fill separate application with examination fee for each application. Separate examination will be conducted for both the categories may be on the same day in Two Shifts. Merely Registering/filling up online application on RRC website does not entitle the candidate being eligible for Written Examination. Candidature of the applicant is provisional at all stages of selection process subject to fulfilling the eligibility conditions.
1.Name of the post- Group ‘C’
No of post- 3
2.Name of the post- Group ‘D’ (Erst while)
No of post- 16
Examination fee is to be paid through ONLINE MODE and RRC will not accept Examination fee in Cash/Cheque/ Money order/IPO/ Demand Draft Central Recruitment Fee Stamps etc. Candidates to note that RRC/NR is not responsible for incomplete or pending online examination fee transaction for whatever reason. In such case candidate need to proceed with fresh/new transaction of payment of examination fee.
About Northern Railway
The Northern Railway is one of the 17 Railway zones of India and the northernmost zone of the Indian Railways. Its headquarter is New Delhi Baroda House near India Gate. Officially notified as a new railway zone on 14 April 1952, its origin goes back to 3 March 1859. On 14 April 1952, the Northern Railway zone was created by merging Jodhpur Railway, Bikaner Railway, Eastern Punjab Railway and three divisions of the East Indian Railway north-west of Mughalsarai (Uttar Pradesh). On 3 March 1859, Allahabad-Kanpur, the first passenger railway line in North India was opened, which falls under Northern Railway zone. In 1864, a broad gauge track from Calcutta to Delhi was laid. In 1864, the railway line between Old Delhi and Meerut City railway station was constructed. Meerut Cantt railway station was established by British India government around 1865 after the sepoy mutiny of 1857.
- Merely Registering/filling up online application on RRC website does not entitle the candidate being eligible for Selection process. All the recruitments against Open Advertisement quota shall be at the minimum of scale of pay in the Pay Matrix.
- Specific post and place of posting will be decided by the Northern Railway administration at the time of offering appointment to the selected candidate.
- No relaxation in Education and S&G qualification shall be permissible.
- No post is reserved for SC, ST, and OBC, However the candidates claiming to belong to SC/ST/OBC communities are required to upload copy of self attested Caste Certificate issued by Competent Authority.
- Railway Administration reserves the rights to recruit eligible candidates at any place. Candidates are also advised not to bring any valuable/costly items to the examination hall as safe keeping of these items can not be assured. Administration will not be responsible for any loss in this regard.
- The decision of NR administration on all matters relating to eligibility, place, date, mode of selection, acceptance or rejection, recommendation of post, place of
posting, grade etc. shall be final and binding on the candidates.
- The short listed eligible candidates may be required to stay for more than 1 day at the examination and document verification venue for the selection procedure for which they will have to make their own arrangements. Candidates are require to upload photograph in full Scout & Guide uniform.
- Candidates already employed in Govt. Service should submit Online Application with NOC from the Employer, without which application shall be summarily rejected at any stage.
- The candidature of the applicants shall be liable to be rejected at any stage of recruitment in case of concealment of any fact, which is in contravention to the above laid down conditions. The decision of the Railway Administration shall be final and binding on the candidates.
- No TA/DA/Accommodation will be given for appearing in the selection procedure. Applicant will have to bring their own Scout & Guide Uniform/ Kit. However in case of SC/ST candidates who have uploaded their proper community certificate will be given free travel authority (2nd class) with E Admit Card and such candidates will be allowed to use this authority to travel on production of self attested copy of E-Call letter and SC/ST certificate. During the journey these candidate should carry E-Admit Card with original SC/ST certificate and original proof of identity failing which they will be treated as without ticket and charged accordingly.
- Railway Administration will not be responsible for any inadvertent error in the advertisement (RRC website would be primary and main source of contact with the candidates for various information during the selection.
- English version shall be applicable in case of any ambiguity/ dispute in two versions i.e. English & Hindi.
- In case any applicant has difficulty in registering their applications ONLINE, they are free to contact the help line numbers as available on RRC website.
click above to download
the employment notification