Table of Contents
Walk In Interview
Walk in Interview for Central Railway: 22nd April 2019
Medical Director’s Office
Dr. B.A.M. Hospital, Central Railway
Selection of Senior Residents, Dr. B. A. M. Hospital, Byculla in departments of General Medicine (1) Post, General Surgery (2) posts.
1.Name of the Post- General Medicine
No of post- 01
2.Name of the Post- General Surgery
No of post- 01
Medical Department of Central Railway will be conducting a “Walk in Interview” on 22.04.2019 at 1200hrs in Medical Director’s Office, Dr. B.A.M. Hospital, Central Railway, Byculla, Mumbai-400027.
The tenure of senior Resident is for one year (subject to extension of scheme after 13.01.2020).The Maximum permissible tenure of senior Resident is three years. Emoluments:- for Sr. Residents having post graduate Degree Pay Rs.26950/- (Basic) +Rs.6600/- (Grade pay), Pay Band-3 (15600-39100) other relevant allowance as per Railway Board’s guidelines issued from time to time.
The applicants are requested to submit their application on 22.04.2019, between 9:00AM to 10: 30hrs in room no.24 of Dr. B.A.M. Hospital, for Walk in interview. The candidates are expected to bring all original documents along with a set of self-attested photocopy of the same pertaining to age, qualification, MCI registration/MMC registration, work experience, caste etc. (List enclosed). OBC candidates should bring current year’s validity certificate. No application will be accepted after 11 AM.
As mentioned by CPO and approved by AGM in Office Note No.BY. HE. Sr. Resident dated.16.02.2017 “if indicated community candidates is not available, Senior Resident posts will be filled by any other community on a provisional basis” Fresh selection process will be done for these candidates at the end of their one year tenure.
Terms & conditions for Senior Residents in Indian Railways.
Minimum Educational qualification
- Post Graduate Degree /MD/MS/DNB or Diploma# in the concerned specialty from university recognized by state/Central Government.
- As per NBE criteria the candidate should have passed MD/DNB/Diploma within 60 months from date of application.
- Age Limit for appointment as Senior Residents;-
Upper Age Limit for appointment as Senior Residents---
- 33 years for those having post Graduate qualification.
- 35 years for post-Doctoral Degree holders. Relaxation for SC/ST candidate & PH as per Government of India notification.
- Railway may be allowed to relax age limit from 33 years to 40 years as done by Institution like AIIMS in a particular specialty where they normally find difficult to have senior Resident. This should be done with approval of General Manager .This relaxation of age will be considered only if there is no candidate or applicants who satisfy the laid age limit of 33/35yrs (PG/DM).
About Central Railway
- Central Railway is one of the 18 zones of Indian Railways. Its headquarters is in Mumbai at Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus. It has the distinction of operating first passenger railway line in India, which opened from Mumbai to Thane on 16 April 1853.
- The railway zone was formed on 5 November 1951 by grouping several government-owned railways, including the Great Indian Peninsula Railway, the Scindia State Railway of the former princely state of Gwalior, Nizam State Railway, Wardha Coal State Railway and the Dholpur Railways.
- The Central Railway zone formerly included large parts of Madhya Pradesh and part of southern Uttar Pradesh, which made it the largest railway zone in India in terms of area, track mileage and staff. These areas became the new West Central Railway zone in April 2003.
- The Central Railway General Manager's official residence (erstwhile GIPR agent's residence), 'Glenogle'-a Grade II-B heritage bungalow, is located on Bhausaheb Hire Marg (Mount Pleasant Road), adjacent to the Maharashtra Chief minister's official residence 'Varsha' in Malabar Hill, Mumbai.
Tenure of Senior Residency
- The contract of appointment for Senior Residents will be one year*. The total period of Senior Residency cannot exceed the maximum period of three years subject to renewals.
- The termination of contract can be done on one month notice or pay from either side.
- Unfurnished accommodation will be provided, if available. No private practice will be allowed.
- They will be called upon to perform any additional duties in the interest of Railway Administration including Railway accidents and National programme etc.
NOTE: The status of vacancy can be checked on Indian Railway website”www.cr.indianrailway.gov.in.> News &Recruitment> Recruitment> Notification> Engagement of Senior Resident.”Please bring the filled application form which can be downloaded from the above website.
Find below all the relevant links related to this employment news / notification.
click above to download
the employment notification