Table of Contents
Last Date to apply to North Central Railway: 31st December, 2018
North Central Railway
Applicatoin are invited for Act Apprenticeship training under Apprentices Act, 1961 as per Rly Bd’s letter no. E(MPP) 2013/6/PT dated: 01.02.2017 for 204 posts in Wagon Repair Workshop, Jhansi for the year 2018-19 from candidates fulfilling the eligibility conditions mentioned in the notification in the under mentioned designated trades:
1.Name of the post- Fitter
No of post- 94
2.Name of the post- Welder (Gas & Electric)
No of post- 52
3.Name of the post- Mechanic Machine & Tool Maintenance
No of post- 14
4.Name of the post- Machinist
No of post- 12
5.Name of the post- Painter
No of post- 17
6.Name of the post- Electrician
No of post- 12
7.Name of the post- Programming & System Administration Assistant (COPA)
No of post- 03
- Candidate must have completed 15 years of age and should not have completed 24 years of age as on 01-12-2018.
- The upper age limit may be relaxed by 5 years in case if SC/ST candidates and 3 years in case of OBC candidates.
- For physically handicapped candidates, upper age limit is relaxed by 10 years.
The candidate must have passed 10th class examination or its equivalent (under 10+2 system) with 50% marks with ITI pass certificate in relevant trade from a recognized Industrial Training Institute affiliated to NCVT.
About North Central Railway
The North Central Railway is one of the seventeen railway zones in India. The largest railway station in NCR is Kanpur Central. It is headquartered at Allahabad and comprises three divisions: reorganized Allahabad division of the erstwhile Northern Railway, Jhansi division of the erstwhile Central Railway, and new Agra division. The North Central Railway, in its present form, came into existence on 1 April 2003. The North Central Railway present network extends over a large area of North Central India, covering the states of Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and Haryana. By December 2017, railways for the first time installed 6,095 GPS-enabled “Fog Pilot Assistance System” railway signalling devices in four most affected zones, Northern Railway zone, North Central Railway zone, North Eastern Railway zone and North Western Railway zone, by doing away with the old practice of putting firecrackers on train tracks to alter train divers running trains on snail’s pace. With these devices, train pilots precisely know in advance, about the location of signals, level-crossing gates and other such approaching markers.
- The selection of Act Apprentices for training will be done from the eligible candidates on the basis of merit. There will be no written Examination and interview in this selection.
- Merit list will be prepared on the basis of percentage of total mark obtained in 10th or equivalent Examination and marks obtained in ITI by the candidate from recognized Educational Board/Institute.
- The calculation of percentage of marks will be on the basis of total marks obtained in 10th or its equivalent examination from an Educational Board/ Institute and not the basis of marks of any subject or a group of subjects.
- If more than one candidate gets equal marks/percentage in 10th examination or its equivalent examination and marks obtained in ITI then the elder candidate whose date of birth is earlier will be higher in rank than the candidate whose date of birth is later. The above information will be computerized and accordingly the list will be prepared.
- Selected list will be prepared Trade wise/ Community wise Category wise (reservation Category) on the basis of merit.
- The candidate equal to 1.5 times of the number of slots for Act Apprentices’ shall be called for verification of original educational testimonials and their physical fitness by way of medical examination. A final merit list will be prepared equal to the number of slots in the descending order of percentage of marks obtained by the candidate in matriculation under 10+2 examination system and ITI.
- Agreement of Training- The selected candidate or his/ her guardian (in case of minor) has to execute an apprenticeship contract or agreement with employer before apprenticeship training as prescribed under the Apprentice Act, 1961.
Precautions for submission of application
- The applicant’s name, address with pin code should be clearly mentioned in the call letter.
- Applicant’s name and father’s name should be as per High School Certificate.
- One recent passport size photograph of candidate should be pasted in call letter and another in the application form at the appropriate place. Both photographs should be attested by a Gazetted Officer. Call letter has to be sent with application form.
- Incomplete/Overwriting/erased application form will not be accepted.
Find below all the relevant links related to this employment news / notification.
click above to download
the employment notification