Table of Contents
Last Date to apply to Northern Railway: 18th January, 2018
Employment Notice No. RRC/NR 01/2018/SQ
ONLINE Applications are invited from ELIGIBLE Indian Sports Person as per the detail given below for the 16 vacancies in PB-1 Rs.5200-20200, GP-1900/2000
(6th CPC)/Level 2 & 3 of Pay Matrix 7th CPC & 05 vacancies in PB-1 Rs.5200-20200, GP-2400/2800 (6th CPC)/Level 4 & 5 of Pay Matrix 7th CPC Group C against Sports
Quota for the Year 2018-19 in Northern Railway. Separate Application is to be filled for separate discipline/game, if eligible, with separate examination fee as applicable
for each application.
1.Name of the post- Sports Person Against Sports Quota
No of post- 21
Pay Scale- PB-1-5200-20200, GP-Rs.2400/2800
(i) Age Limit: 18-25 years of age as on 01/01/2019.
(ii) Minimum Educational Qualification:
(a) 12th pass for in Level 2 & 3 of Pay Matrix 7th CPC.
(b) Graduate for in Level 4 & 5 of Pay Matrix 7th CPC.
- The minimum norms for recruitment of sports quota, shall be as under in addition to the qualifying performance/position. These provisions shall be read along
with note below the para.
- Medical Examination: Candidates recommended for appointment will have to pass the requisite medical fitness standards prescribed for the post to be identified by the Northern Railway Administration.
- Period of Probation – All the candidates getting appointment will undergo probation period of Two years (02 years).
- Period of Training – The selected candidate will be required to undergo training as per the requirement of the post on which he/she has been selected.
- Details of Agreement/Security Deposit/ Bond to be signed/Furnished by the candidate : As per rule.
- PLACE OF POSTING : All over Northern Railway.
About Northern Railway
The Northern Railway is one of the 17 Railway zones of India and the northernmost zone of the Indian Railways. Its headquarter is New Delhi Baroda House near India Gate. Officially notified as a new railway zone on 14 April 1952, its origin goes back to 3 March 1859. On 14 April 1952, the Northern Railway zone was created by merging Jodhpur Railway, Bikaner Railway, Eastern Punjab Railway and three divisions of the East Indian Railway north-west of Mughalsarai (Uttar Pradesh). On 3 March 1859, Allahabad-Kanpur, the first passenger railway line in North India was opened, which falls under Northern Railway zone. In 1864, a broad gauge track from Calcutta to Delhi was laid.
- Recruitments of sportspersons shall be dealt as per Railway Board’s letter no. 2010/E (Sports)/4 (1)/1 (Policy) dated 31.12.2010 read with modifications/ amendments issued by the Railway Board from time to time.
- In case any applicant has difficulty in registering their applications ONLINE, they are free to contact the help line numbers displayed on RRC website with notification.
- Merely Registering/filling up online application on RRC website does not entitle the candidate being eligible for selection process. Candidature of the candidate participating in the selection process is provisional at all stages.
- All the recruitments against Open Advertisement quota shall be at the minimum of scale of pay in the Pay Matrix. Railway Administration reserves the rights to recruit eligible candidates. The decision of Railway Administration on all matters relating to eligibility, place, date, mode of selection, acceptance or rejection, recommendation of post, place of posting, grade etc. shall be final and binding on the candidates. No correspondence will be entertained in this regards. Northern Railway Administration reserves the right to decide the number of sports persons to be selected for any individual/team game depending upon their requirement for that sports and availability of suitable candidates fulfilling the norms.
- Candidate applying for more than one discipline/game or event shall submit separate application with separate examination fee along with all necessary documents for each discipline/game or event.
- No request for change of Date & Venue will be entertained.
- Sports person recruited against sports quota shall be terminated from service, if the information and documents furnished by him/her for recruitment are found
incorrect/ fake at any stage.
- No candidate should attempt impersonation or take the help of any impersonator at any stage of the selection process. Such candidates will be debarred for life
from appearing in all RRB/RRC examinations or any appointment in Railways. In addition, legal action may be taken against the candidate.
- Any material suppression of facts or submitting of forged certificates/caste certificate by a candidate for securing eligibility and/or obtaining privileges, including fee exemption for appearing in the selection trial shall lead to rejection of his/her candidature for the particular recruitment for which he/she has applied. Further, he/she will also be debarred from all examinations conducted by all RRB/RRC over the country and legal action may be initiated, if warranted.
- Candidates who have been debarred for life from all RRB/RRC examinations or candidates who have been debarred for a specified period which is not yet completed need not apply in response to this employment notice. Their candidature will be rejected during any stage of recruitment as and when detected.
- Any subsequent changes in the terms and conditions of the Employment Notice as per extant rules will stand good. RRC reserves the right to consider/ incorporate any subsequent changes/ modification/additions/cancellation in the terms & conditions to recruitment under this Employment Notice as and when applicable.
Railway Administration will not be responsible for any inadvertent error in the advertisement (RRC website would be primary and main source of contact with
the candidates for various information during the selection.)
Find below all the relevant links related to this employment news / notification.
click above to download
the employment notification