Table of Contents
Last Date to apply to Central Railway: 26th November, 2018
Employment Notice No. RRC/CR/01/2018 dated 10/11/2018
RAILWAY RECRUITMENT CELL
Chief Project Manager (Conv)’s
Office Building, Wadibunder,
P. D’Mello Road, Mumbai-400010
Central Railway invites ONLINE applications from the eligible sports persons who are citizens of India, for filling up 21 posts of the Sports Quota (as in item 2) for the
year 2018-19 over Central Railway. The posts are open to all regardless of Community. There is no reservation for SC/ST/OBC. Further, only the candidates qualified in the Selection Trials shall be called for further process.
1.Name of the post- Sports Quota
No of post- 21
- Candidates to ensure their eligibility before applying:- The candidates should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility conditions prescribed for the post. Eligibility of the candidates for the post notified in this notification would be decided on the basis of the information furnished by them in the ONLINE application. If at any stage of recruitment or thereafter, it is found that any information furnished by the candidate in his/her application is false/incorrect or the candidate has suppressed any relevant information or the candidate otherwise does not satisfy the eligibility criteria for the post(s), his/her candidature will be cancelled forthwith.
- Production of original documents of Date of birth, Educational Qualification and Sports Achievement etc on the day of Trial is mandatory without which they will
not be allowed to appear in the Trial. Certificates in languages other than English or Hindi should be accompanied by an attested translation in English/Hindi. Photocopy of all documents should be self attested. No TA/DA/Accommodation will be given for appearing in the selection trials. Applicants will have to bring their own kit and also four-passport size photographs. They may also be required to stay during the selection trials for 2-3 days, for which they have to make their own arrangements. The railway administration has all rights reserved to fix any date/place or postpone trials or cancel due to unforeseen causes against which no claim will be accepted.
- Candidates should be in readiness to appear for the trials etc at short notice after the last date for submission of application is over. Selected candidates will be posted anywhere on Central Railway.
- Ordinarily, a Railway servant shall be employed throughout his service on the Railway or Railway establishment to which he/she is posted on first appointment and shall have no claim as of right for transfer to another Railway or another establishment. In the exigencies of service, however, it shall be open to the Competent Authority to transfer the Railway servant to any other department or division/unit or Railway or Railway establishment including a project in or out of India.
- Selected candidates will have to undergo training wherever training is prescribed for the post.
- Emoluments on initial appointment will be minimum pay of the level of pay plus other allowances as admissible at that time. During training period only stipend will be paid as applicable. Candidates may have to give security deposit and execute indemnity bond, wherever necessary.
- The number of vacancies indicated in this notification is provisional and may decrease or even become NIL at a later stage depending upon the actual needs of the Railway Administration. The Railway Administration also reserves the right to cancel the notified vacancies at its discretion and such decision will be final and binding on all. In the event of cancellation of notified vacancies, the examination fee paid by the candidates will not be refunded.
- Appointment of selected candidates is subject to their passing requisite Medical Fitness Test to be conducted by the Railway Administration, final verification of
educational and community certificate and verification of antecedents/character of the candidates.
About Central Railway
Central Railway is one of the 16 zones of Indian Railways. Its headquarters is in Mumbai at Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus. It has the distinction of operating first passenger railway line in India, which opened from Mumbai to Thane on 16 April 1853. The railway zone was formed on 5 November 1951 by grouping several government-owned railways, including the Great Indian Peninsula Railway, the Scindia State Railway of the former princely state of Gwalior, Nizam State Railway, Wardha Coal State Railway and the Dholpur Railways. The Central Railway zone formerly included large parts of Madhya Pradesh and part of southern Uttar Pradesh, which made it the largest railway zone in India in terms of area, track mileage and staff. These areas became the new West Central Railway zone in April 2003. The Central Railway General Manager’s official residence (erstwhile GIPR agent’s residence), ‘Glenogle’-a Grade II-B heritage bungalow, is located on Bhausaheb Hire Marg (Mount Pleasant Road), adjacent to the Maharashtra Chief minister’s official residence ‘Varsha’ in Malabar Hill, Mumbai.
- Canvassing in any form shall disqualify the candidate.
- Candidates are required to obtain caste certificates in the proper Proforma from the appropriate authority and produce the original certificate at the time of selection trial, failing which he/she may be disqualified. This is strictly required as per Chapter 13 of the Brochure (published by Govt. of India, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievance & Pensions Department of Personnel Training, New Delhi) on verification of the claims of Schedule Caste and Schedule Tribe.
- Xerox copy of Caste Certificate issued by the Competent Authority, not below the rank of Tehsildar, in case of SC/ST/OBC Candidates should be uploaded at the time of online application. OBC candidates shall also upload OBC NonCreamy-Layer Certificate in Central Government format issued on or after 01/04/2018 by the Competent Authority at the time of online application. Certificates should contain Caste, Date of Issue etc and bear the Seal of the Issuing Authority. Format of caste certificate for SC/ST candidates is enclosed as annexure ‘C’ and for OBC as annexure “D”.
Find below all the relevant links related to this employment news / notification.
click above to download
the employment notification