Table of Contents
Last Date to apply to South Western Railway: 18th January, 2019
South Western Raiway
It is proposed to fill up the following post of Stenographers on contract basis for a period of one year in Headquarters Offices of South Western Railway. Hubballi,
1.Name of the post- Stenographer
No of post- 30
- Candidates who have a minimum qualification of 121" pass with not less than 50% marks in aggregate and who have the knowledge of Stenography or Certificate course in MS-Office (i.e. MS-Word. MS-Excel, MS-Power point. etc.) are eligible to apply.
- Age: 18 to 30 years with usual upper age relaxation for SC/ST (relaxable up to 5 years) and OBC (relaxable up to 3 years) and PWDs (relaxable up to10 years).
- The date for age calculation will be as on 01.01.2019.
- Applications from the eligible candidates are invited in the prescribed proforma duly enclosing the attested copies of certificates in support of their Educational Qualification, Stenography/Technical Qualification etc. SC/ST candidates must also enclose a copy of their caste certificate. Applications thus filled may be sent by ordinary post/registered post/courier to Assistant. Personnel Officer/HQ, Office of the Principal Chief Personnel Officer, South Western Railway. Gadag Road, Hubballi-580020.
- The last date for receipt of applications in the Office of Principal Chief Personnel Officer, South Western Railway, Gadag Road, Hubbaili -580020 is on 18.01.2019.
About South Western Railway
It is headquartered at Hubballi and comprises three divisions namely Hubballi, Mysuru, and Bengaluru. The fourth division at Kalaburgi will come up shortly and preparations of work has already begun. The zone came into existence on 1 April 2003. South Western Railway covers most of the railway lines in the state of Karnataka (other than the Konkan Railway), west parts of Dharmapuri district and Hosur taluka of Tamil Nadu. Karnataka has the fewest electrified and/or doubled broad gauge lines compared to other states in India (5%). The section between Bangalore-Mysore(136 kilometres (85 mi) is doubled and electrified. The Bangalore-Hubli line is being doubled in isolated patches. While Bangalore-Tumkur was doubled and opened to traffic in 2007, progress on other sections has been painfully slow. The doubling of the Arsikere-Chikjajur section of the same line was completed in 2015, while doubling of Tumakuru-Arsikere and Huballi-Chikjajur section are in progress. Bellary-Hospet line is completely doubled and opened for traffic, Hubli-Gadag, Gadag-Hotgi and Londa - Miraj - Pune line doubling is in progress. In the 2016 Railway Budget, electrification of Bangalore-Omalur (via:Hosur, Dharmapuri) was also announced. In February 2017, the Bangalore - Hassan railway line via Shravanabelagola was completed.
Mode of selection /criteria
- The eligible applicants will be selected by subjecting them to skill test on Stenography/Computer Based Skill Test on MS-Office (i,e MS-Word, MS-Excel. MS-Power point, etc.) by a committee of JA grade Officers.
- Representation of SC/ST and OBC categories as per vacancies reserved for them will be ensured as per extant guidelines in force.
- Candidates will have to undergo Cey-ONE medical classification examination (as applicable for direct recruitment for Stenographers) and will be considered for contract engagement only if they are found medical fit. Medical Fitness will be examined by nominated Railway Hospitals.
- The candidates recruited on contract basis will be designated as Stenographers.
- The contractual staff will be permitted off on Sundays and National Holidays. However, they may be called for duty on any day including Sunday and National Holiday for which compensatory rest may be given later. in addition, they may be granted two days leave for each completed month of engagement in Railways. The accumulated leave will lapse as soon as the contractual period is over and cannot be carried over to next contract (if any).
- The contract may be terminated by either side by giving one month's notice. The performance monitoring of contractual appointees will be done on regular basis and those who are unable to discharge the duties or who fail to perforrn as per expectations of the administration, may be given 30 days' notice and their contract terminated. However, in case of gross negligence / misconduct / irregularities, the engagement may be terminated with immediate effect.
- The engagement on contract basis will not confer any right to claim for regular absorption extension in the Railways.
- Applicants working in Govt./PSU will have to provide 'No Objection Certificate" at the time of application and resign from their present organization on their engagement.
- All statutory requirements shall be complied with by Railways. ID. It should be a full time contract and their consolidated pay will be Rs.19500 per month. They will be paid Daily Allowance when on tour as admissible, at the rate of Rs. 500/, Wide publicity may be given at your end duly displaying on the notice boards at Divisions/Units/Stations accordingly.
Find below all the relevant links related to this employment news / notification.
click above to download
the employment notification