Table of Contents
Last Date to Apply to: 11th January, 2019
Employment Notice No. 01/2019 (Sports)
SOUTH WESTERN RAILWAY
G.M.'s Office building,
Club Road, Hubballi-580023
RECRUTTMENT AGATNST SPORTS (OPEN QUOTA IN LEVEL USOF VIICPC PAY MATRIX (EARLIER GRADE PAY Rs.1900r2000r- [IN VI CPC] ON SOUTH WESTERN RAILWAY
Applications are invited in the prescribed form from eligible candidates for filling up 05 (Unreserved) posts against Sports Quota to be recruited in Level 213 of Vll CPC Pay Matrix (PAY BAND-I Rs.5200-20200 WITH GRADE PAY Rs.1900/2000 in Vl CPC) for the year 2018-19.
1.Name of the post- Sports Quota
No of post- 05
Pay Scale- PB-1 Rs.5200-20200 + Grade pay
Rs.1900/2000 in Vl CPC
- (a) ln Volleyball, the sports certificate from Volleyball Federation of lndia (VFl) or its affiliated units from 03-01-2017 lo 20-07-2017 will not be considered for recruitment. However, participation and medal winning performance after 20-07-2017 in the events organised by VFI led by Shri Ramavatar Singh Jhakar as Secretary General of the National Sports Federation (NSF) will be considered for recruitment [Authority: Railway Board's letter No. 2017lE(Sports)/4(1)/1AlFl Status dated 08-02-2017 & 1 1-09-2017 (RBE No.12312017)
- Above championships should have been conducted under the aegis of recognized lnternational/National/State Sports Federations and also recognized by Railway Sports Promotion Board (RSPB).
- All the recruitment against Open Advertisement Quota shall be at the minimum of the scale of pay.
In terms of Railway Board instructions, a Railway Recruitment Cell has been formed in Hubli, Karnataka in the year 2007 for undertaking the work of Group ‘D’ recruitment for South Western Railway. . South Western Railway is one of the newly formed Railways, formed in the year 2003, consisting of 3 Divisions viz. Hubli, Bangalore and Mysore and two Workshops at Hubli and Mysore. The Headquarters of the Zone is at Hubli, Karnataka. The jurisdiction of South Western Railway covers entire Karnataka State, Goa State and parts of Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu. Railway Recruitment Cell, Hubli has been formed with the intention of recruiting staff in Group ‘D’ categories such as Trackmen, Khalasis, Operating and Commercial Porters, Safaiwalas etc.
Attention: Railway Recruitment Cell, Hubli (RRC/UBL) have not opened any Agencies or Coaching Centres for acting on its behalf. Candidates are warned against such claims being made by persons/agencies. The entire recruitment process is a very transparent one wherein Physical Efficiency Test will be conducted by a Committee of 3 officers and the entire exercise will be videographed. The written examination will be on OMR sheets and computerized evaluation will be resorted to. The entire exercise will be done in strict confidentiality and candidates will be selected purely based on their performance in the PET and written examination. PLEASE BEWARE OF UNSCRUPULOUS ELEMENTS AND DO NOT FALL IN THEIR TRAP.
PERIOD OF RECKONING SPORTS ACHIEVEMENTS:
The candidates must be active sports persons and the achievements will be reckoned during the immediate 2 (two) years period i.e. on or after 01.04.2016. For this purpose concluding day of the championship/event will be taken into account. Performance in the earlier championships, i.e. prior to 01.04.2016 will not be taken into account.
HOW TO APPLY
- First, carefully read all the instructions given in the employment notification before filling the application form & ensure that you are eligible to apply. Application as per the Annexure 'l', shall be submitted on A-4 size good quality paper. The Application can also be downloaded from the websites of Railway Recruitment Cell, Hubballi (www.rrchubli.in) or South Western Railway (www.swr.indianrailways.gov.in).
- The application should be filled in English or Hindi language only. The applications in other than English or Hindi languages wi!! be rejected. The application should be filled by the candidate in his/her own handwriting and signed (Not to be signed in capital letters).
- The candidate has to affix/paste (not to be pinned) one recent passport size colour photograph without wig, cap or coloured glasses (not older than two months), duly attested/self attested by signing partially on the application and partially on the photo in the space provided for the purpose. Candidate is also required to enclose one extra passport size photograph (same as the one affixed/pasted on the application) along with the application.
- The name and initial of the candidate and father's name appearing in school/college certificates and in sports certificates should be one and the same.
- The specific position (Setter/Liberol120Kgl120+Kg/90K9) in the particular game/event if, applicable should be mentioned in the application without fail.
- The candidates serving in any Govt./PSU including Railways should apply through proper channel or should apply directly with NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE from the employer to avoid delay. Advance copy of the application from such candidates without 'No Objection Certificate' from the employer will not be entertained. Please note that no, application received after the prescribed date will be entertained.
- The applicant is liable to be appointed against any suitable post in Level 213 of Vll CPC, Pay Matrix as the case may be, anywhere on South Western Railway.
- Candidates will have to undergo prescribed training course as applicable for the post as, per existing instructions.
- Canvassing in any form shall disqualify the candidature.
- The candidates should be in readiness to appear for the trials at a short notice after the last date for submission of application is over. Please check the website of RRC, Hubballi regularly at www.rrchubli.in for getting the information regarding eligibility list, trials, etc.
- Please obtain caste certificates in the prescribed proforma from the appropriate authority and produce the original certificate at the time of verification. Caste Certificates issued by the authorities other than those authorised, will not be considered. (Format of Caste Certificate for SC/ST candidates in Annexure-'A' and OBC candidates in Annexure -'B' are available on the websites at (www.rrchubli.in & www.swr.indianrailways.gov.in).
Find below all the relevant links related to this employment news / notification.
click above to download
the employment notification