Table of Contents
Walk-In Interview of IRCTC: 20th February, 2019
No.IRCTC/HRD/Fixed Term (Catering)/S1/2019.
Hajipur, National Highway
19, Hajipur, BR 844101
Eligible and Qualified candidates are invited to appear for a walk-in-interview for the post of Supervisor (Hospitality) on Contract basis for a period of 2 years and extendable based on requirement and satisfactory performance.
1.Name of the post- Supervisor (Hospitality)
No of post- 50
Pay Scale- Rs.25,000/-P.M.
Candidates are requested to fill in the Application Form (attached with this advertisement) complete in all respects. The complete Application Form has to be submitted at the Venue of the Interview for verification along with original & one set of attested copies of required documents and three recent passport size photographs. Interview will be conducted & based on the credentials, performance in the personal interview the candidates will be selected and the offer of engagement shall be issued to the suitable candidates in the order of merit and based on number of vacancies and will be subject to verification of antecedents. In
addition to 50 selected candidates, names of 50 candidates will be placed on reserved list for unforeseen reason.
Scope of work
- Responsible for supervision/monitoring food production, quality, services in nominated mobile/static catering units.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and standard hospitality procedures/practices.
- Ensuring men & material for nominated mobile/static catering units.
- Resolve customer/passenger care related issues and complaint management.
- Collection of feedback, analysis and course correction.
- Ensuring implementation of statutory regulations as applicable.
- Supervise & educate staff in efficient upkeep of equipment and devices.
- Coordinated with various departments, offices, business partners.
Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) is a subsidiary of the Indian Railways that handles the catering, tourism and online ticketing operations of the Indian railways, with around 5,50,000 to 6,00,000Template:MOS:DIGITS bookings every day is the world's second busiest and highest of 15 to 16 lakh tickets every day. Its tagline is "Lifeline of the nation".
It is known for changing the face of railway ticketing in India and is among the Miniratna companies of Central Indian government. Prior to its inception, Indian railway passengers had little options for quality food during travel. Passengers had to get off from trains at stations and buy sub-standard food from station food stalls which were not known for hygiene. Trains stop for only few minutes at stations and this added to rush & panic among travelers. After the advent of IRCTC, pantry cars were introduced inside long or medium distance trains which catered to passengers by serving freshly cooked quality food, thus revolutionizing train travel in India. It pioneered internet-based rail ticket booking through its website, as well as from the mobile phones via WiFi, GPRS or SMS. It also provides SMS facility to check PNR status and Live Train Status as well. In addition to e-tickets, Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation also offers I-tickets that are basically like regular tickets except that they are booked online and delivered by post. The tickets PNR status is also made available. Commuters on the suburban rail can also book season tickets through the website. It has also launched a loyalty program called Shubh Yatra for frequent travelers. Through this program, passengers can avail of discounts on all tickets booked round the year by paying an upfront annual fee.
- This engagement is purely contractual in nature and will not entitle any candidate to claim for regular/permanent employment in IRCTC.
- Contract may be terminated by giving one month’s notice by either side. If performance during contract period is not found satisfactory the contact may be terminated with 15 days notice.
- Medical insurance will be provided by the IRCTC to engaged candidates.
- Only Indian Nationals are eligible to apply.
- Those working in Govt. / PSUs may apply through proper channel/ submit NOC at the time of Interview or should submit proper relieving letter from present employer in the event of selection in IRCTC.
- IRCTC reserves the right to cancel/ amend the advertisement and/or the selection process there under.
- The number of vacancies to be filled may increase or decrease depending on the requirement of IRCTC at the time of engagement.
- Candidates should ensure that they fulfil the eligibility criteria prescribed for the post they have applied. In case it is found at any stage of selection process or even after engagement that the candidate has furnished false or incorrect information or suppressed any relevant information/ material facts or does not full fill the criteria, his / her candidature / services will be summarily terminated.
Find below all the relevant links related to this employment news / notification.
click above to download
the employment notification