Table of Contents
Last Date to apply to West Central Railway: 26th April, 2019
GDCE Notification No:01/2019
West Central Railway
RB-IV, 290, Station Road
South Civil lines, Jabalpur-482001
Based on the approval received from the competent authority, ONLINE Applications are invited from serving regular railway employees of West Central Railway for filling up following vacancies against General Departmental Competitive Examination (GDCE) quota.Employees who are trainee/Substitute and not regularized are not eligible to apply. Employees having lien in any unit in WCR can apply. Candidates should be working in WCR during selection. Candidates can apply separately for all the notified post son fulfilling eligibility criteria. Two separate applications for same post will not be considered by the computer. The community wise breakup of vacancies to be filled is indicated below:
1.Name of the post- STATION MASTER
No of post- 23
2.Name of the post- SENIOR COMMERCIAL CUM TICKET CL
No of post- 28
3.Name of the post- COMMERCIAL CUM TICKET CLERK
No of post- 4
Candidate should have requisite Certificate/Degree/Mark sheet from recognized educational board or university or its equivalent. Candidates having higher educational qualification may also apply. Those candidates who are appearing in and/or awaiting results of final examination of minimum qualification at the time of applying for the notified post are not eligible. Candidate should possesses the requisite educational/technical qualification on the date of notification and the same should be endorsed in the Service Sheet of the employees.
About West Central Railway
he West Central Railway with its headquarters at Jabalpur comprises of Jabalpur and Bhopal divisions of erstwhile Central Railway and Kota division of erstwhile Western Railway. The formal gazette notification announcing the formation of this new zonal railway was issued on 4th July 2002 by the Ministry of Railway, Govt. of India. Mumbai-Howrah route via Itarsi- Jabalpur in the west east direction and from Mathura (excluding to Nagda (excluding on Delhi-Mumbai route via Ratlam forming a part of one of the important diagonal and side of golden quadrilateral of Indian Railways. In the north-south direction the zone has Bina (Including)-Bhopal-Itarsi (Including section of Delhi- Chennai trunk route. In addition important freight corridor of New Katni On-Line and branch line sections of Katni-Singrauli, Satna-Rewa, Jukehi-Kymore, Bina-Guna-Kota, Kota - Chanderiya (excluding) and Maksi (excluding Guna-Gwalior (excluding are also within the jurisdiction of this new zonal railway-West Central Railway caters to 39 districts (24 districts of M.P., 13 of Rajasthan and 2 of U.P.). It has a total route kilometers of 2997 kms. (Track kilometres-6295 kms.) of which 1627 route kms. are electrified. (Electrified Track kilometres-3972 kms.) Out of total route Km. of WCR, 2185 km (about 73 %) of its route falls in the State of M.P., 758 km (about 25 %) falls in Rajasthan and rest 54 km. comes under the jurisdiction of U.P.
- Post-wise single stage written examination will be conducted ONLINE in computer (COMPUTER BASED TEST-CBT) OR OFFLINE (i.e. through OMR).It will be informed separately through website. Candidates should regularly visit WCR website.
- Post-wise merit list will be formed for all the posts.
- Written examination will be of the level of RRB examination of notified posts. The question paper shall be of Objective Multiple Choice Type in English and Hindi only and likely to include questions pertaining to General Awareness, Arithmetic, General Intelligence, Reasoning and Technical questions, wherever applicable.
- There shall benegative marking in written examinations and 1/3 of the allotted marks for each question shall be deducted for every wrong answer.
- The date, time and venue of the written examinations and aptitude test(Where applicable) will be fixed by RRC/Jabalpur and will be intimated to the eligible candidates in due course through SMS/email. Request for postponement of the examination/skill test and change of center/venue will not be entertained under any circumstance.
- On qualifying written examination, candidates will be eligible for next stage of selection i.e. Aptitude Test/Document Verification (whichever applicable) as per their merit.
- During document verification the candidate has to bring all necessary documents in original. After satisfactory document verification, the candidate will be considered for impalement subject to fulfillment of other criteria.
- The candidates recommended for appointment will have to pass requisite medical fitness test(s) conducted by the Railway Administration to ensure that the candidates are medically fit to carry out the duties connected with the post.
HOW TO APPLY
- Eligible West Central Railway employee may apply ONLINE through website www.wcr.indianrailways.gov.in
- Candidates are required to go to the link provided for filling ONLINE application and fill up the personal details/BIO-DATA carefully.
- Candidates should ensure that their Name, Father’s Name and Date of Birth match with the entries recorded in Matriculation or equivalent certificate.
- Candidates are advised to indicate their personal mobile no. and personal valid e-mail IDs in the ONLINE application and keep them active during the entire recruitment process for communicating them.
- Candidates are further advised to visit website of WCR frequently to get the latest information or any changes about this notification. The communication with the candidates will be made through SMS & e-mail only. Candidates are advised to provide only their own Mobile number/ e-mail ID so that they receive such communication.
- A colour photograph of size 3.5cm x 3.5cm (not older than three months from the date of application) withclear front view of the candidate without cap and sunglasses should be uploaded. The photo should be only in JPEG format. Candidates may note that RRC may at any stage, reject the application for failing to upload photo or uploading old/unclear photo along with online application or for any significant variations between photographs uploaded along with online application and physical appearance of the candidate. Candidates are advised to bring one copy of the same photograph along with Hall Ticket/e–Call Letter and original valid Photo ID at the time of examination. They are also advised to keep 3 copies of the same photograph for further use.
Find below all the relevant links related to this employment news / notification.
click above to download
the employment notification