Table of Contents
Last Date to apply to Metro Railway: 15th January, 2019
Notice No. MRTS/E 322/26/Sports( Open Advt.)/2018-19
Separate application for each category as per format given below to be sent, in a closed envelope super scribed “ APPLICATION FOR SPORTS QUOTA RECRUITMENT -2018-19 IN THE DISCIPLINE of …………..” by post address to the Principal Chief Personnel Officer, Metro Railway / Kolkata, Metro Rail Bhavan (2nd Floor), 33/1, J.L.Nehru road, Kolkata-700071 OR to be dropped in the box placed at the second floor at the said address during office hours except Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays.
1.Name of the post- Grade C (Sports Quota)
No of post- 06
Pay Scale- Rs.5200-20200/- + Grade Pay Rs.1900/- or Rs.2000/-
Educational Qualification: 10th & ITI pass or 12th class ( 10+2 stage) or above as required for the appropriate post.
Sports Norms: Represented the country in World Cup (Junior/Senior), World Championship ( Junior/Senior), Asian Games(Senior), Commonwealth Games(Senior) OR At least 3rd Position in Commonwealth Championship (Junior/Senior), Asian Championship / Asia Cup ( Junior / Senior), SAF Games(Senior) OR At least 3rd Position in Senior/ Youth/ Junior National Championships OR At least 3rd Position in National Games organized under the aegis of Indian Olympic Association OR At least 3rd Position in All India Inter University Championship organized under the aegis of Association of Indian Universities OR 1st Position in Federation Cup Championships (Senior). For Basketball: The sports achievement in the events conducted by Basketball Federation of India or its affiliated units after 26/07/2017 shall be considered for recruitment. Certificates issued by National Sports Federations during the period of their derecognition are ineligible to be considered for recruitment.
NOTE: All the Championships mentioned above as sports norms for recruitment shall be conducted under the aegis of recognized International/National/State Sports Federation and also recognized by the Railway Sports Promotion Board.
About Metro Railway
The Kolkata Metro is a rapid transit system serving the Kolkata metropolitan area in the Indian state of West Bengal. The network currently consists of one operational line of 27.22 km from Noapara to Kavi Subhash with five other lines in various phases of construction. The Kolkata Metro was the first metro railway in India, opening for commercial services from 1984. On 29 December 2010, Metro Railway, Kolkata became the 17th zone of the Indian Railways, operated by the Ministry of Railways. There are 300 metro services daily carrying over 700,000 passengers making it the second busiest metro system in India. The then Chief Minister of West Bengal, Dr. Bidhan Chandra Roy, first conceived the idea of building an Underground Railway for Kolkata in the early 1950s. A survey was done by a team of French experts, but nothing concrete came of this. Efforts to solve the problem by augmenting the existing fleet of public transport vehicles hardly helped, since roads accounted for only 4.2% of the surface area in Kolkata, compared with 25% in Delhi and even 30% in other cities. With the goal of finding alternative solutions to alleviate the suffering of commuters, the Metropolitan Transport Project (Railways) (MTP) was set up in 1969. The MTP (Rlys), with help of Soviet specialists (Lenmetroproekt) and East German engineers, prepared a master plan to provide five rapid-transit (metro) lines for the city of Kolkata, totalling a route length of 97.5 km in 1971.
- Sports persons having higher Sports norms who have applied against the vacancies be considered for recruitment against the Grade Pay applied for only. In such cases the sportsperson has to give an undertaking that he/she will not claim for higher Grade Pay after joining the Railways on the basis of sports achievement he/she has acquired prior to joining Railways.
- Eligibility will be considered based on the sports achievement in the championship held on 01.04.2016 or afterwards and the sportsperson shall be a currently active player. For this purpose concluding day of the Championship will be taken into account. Performance in earlier Championship i.e. before 01.04.2016 will not be taken into consideration.
- The selection will be conducted through field trial.
- Attested Caste Certificate (from appropriate civil authorities in standard proforma with photograph) if any, should be enclosed.
- Metro Railway reserves the right to consider only those candidates who have the potential to strengthen Metro Railway’s existing teams on the basis of field trial conducted.
- For all candidates, except those mentioned in sub-para(ii) below, Rs.500/-( Rupees Five Hundred) only. This examination fees will not be refundable / transferable/ adjustable under any circumstances.
- For candidates belonging to SC, ST, Women, Minorities* and economically backward** classes, Rs.250/- ( Rupees Two Hundred Fifty) only with a provision for refunding the same to those who actually appear in the Trial.
- The Examination Fees is payable in Indian Postal Order (IPO), payable at GPO, Kolkata, drawn in favour of “ FA&CAO, Metro Railway, Kolkata”.
- IPO issued before the date of publication of this Employment Notice or after the closing date will not be accepted and the application form will be rejected.
- Application received with cash /cheque / Money Order/ Central Recruitment Fee Stamp / Demand Draft will not be accepted.
- Candidate must write their name, full address at the space provided in the IPO.
- Kindly ensure to bring original documents for Date of Birth, Education Qualification, Sports achievements, Caste certificate etc. on the date of Trial/Interview without which the candidate will not be allowed to appear in the trial/interview.
- No TA/DA/Accommodation will be arranged.
- The candidate will have to bring their own kit and also two recent passport size photograph same as affixed on the application.
- The candidate may be required to stay during the selection trial for 2-3days for which they have to make their own arrangements.
- The Railway administration reserves the right to fix any date & venue for trial / interview, change in venue or postpone trial/interview for its own convenience.
- Non-fulfillment of any of the criteria mentioned in this advertisement will make the application liable for rejection.
- Reservation for SC/ST/OBC etc. is not applicable for sports quota recruitment.
- All or any of the terms and condition in the notification can be modified / cancelled without any notice.
- The application should be filled in the candidates own handwriting.
- Incomplete application is liable to be rejected.
- Canvassing in any form will make the candidature liable for rejection.
- Separate application with separate Postal Order to be submitted for each discipline/position.
- Railway Administration does not undertake any responsibility for sending reply to the candidates not selected or not called for.
Find below all the relevant links related to this employment news / notification.
click above to download
the employment notification