Table of Contents
Last Date to apply to North Eastern Railway: 29th December, 2018
CT APPRENTICE TRAINING NOTIFICATION 2018-19
North Eastern Railway
The General Manager (Personnel)
Online applications through Railway Recruitment Cell, Gorakhpur are. invited from the candidates fulfilling the prescribed conditions for undergoing Apprenticeship Training under the Apprentices Act, 1961 and Apprenticeship Rules, 1962, in the following units of North Eastern Railway.
1.Name of the post- Mechanical Workshop Gorakhpur
No of post- 203
2.Name of the post- Signal Workshop Gorakhpur Cantt
No of post- 63
3.Name of the post- Bridge Workshop Gorakhpur Cantt
No of post- 35
4.Name of the post- Diesel Shed Izzat Nagar
No of post- 60
5.Name of the post- Carriage & Wagon Izzat Nagar
No of post- 64
6.Name of the post- Carriage & Wagon Lucknow Jn
No of post- 155
7.Name of the post- Diesel Shed Gonda
No of post- 90
8.Name of the post- Carriage.& Wagon Varanasi
No of post- 75
The candidate should have already passed the prescribed qualification of High School/10th with minimum 50% marks & ITI in notified trade on the date of issue of notification from recognised Board.
Selected candidates will be required to pass the prescribed medical examination as per rules in force before induction into the training course. Eligibility of Divyang for particular trade shall be governed by Railway Boards guidelines.
- Canvassing in any form would be a disqualification.
- The candidates who are called for verification of certificates are not eligible for any Travelling/Dearness Allowances.
- Engineering Graduates and Diploma holders are not eligible to apply for apprenticeship in response to this notification as they are governed by separate scheme of apprenticeship.
- The selected candidates shall execute a contract of Apprenticeship under the Apprentices Act, 1961 and if such a candidate is a minor, his parent/Guardian shall execute the prescribed contract. The Apprentices shall be governed by the provisions of Apprentices Apprenticeship Rules, 1962 as amended from time to time and such Rules and Regulations applicable to them.
- In case an Apprentice discontinues the apprenticeship training and fails to fulfill the obligations as per his contract without valid reasons, he shall have to refund the stipend paid to him, the cost of training and such other costs that may be determined under the Rules by the Railway Administration.
- The candidature for training is liable to be cancelled at any time if false declaration discovered and candidates are not adhering Rules & Regulations of Railways. The decision of the Railway Administration in this regard will be final and binding. No further correspondence in this regard would be entertained.
About North Eastern Railway
The North Eastern Railway is one of the 16 railway zones in India. It is headquartered at Gorakhpur and comprises Lucknow, Varanasi and Izzatnagar or Bareilly division. The North Eastern Railway was formed on 14 April 1952 by combining two Railway systems the Oudh and Tirhut Railway and Assam Railway and the Cawnpore-Achnera Provincial State Railway of the Bombay, Baroda and Central India Railway. The Careworn-Barbarian Railway was transferred to the North Eastern Railway on 27 February 1953. NER was bifurcated into two Railway Zones on 15 January 1958, the North Eastern Railway and the Northeast Frontier Railway and all lines east of Katihar were transferred to Northeast Frontier Railway. By December 2017, railways for the first time installed 6,095 GPS-enabled “Fog Pilot Assistance System” railway signalling devices in four most affected zones, Northern Railway zone, North Central Railway zone, North Eastern Railway zone and North Western Railway zone, by doing away with the old practice of putting firecrackers on train tracks to alter train divers running trains on snail’s pace. With these devices, train pilots precisely know in advance, about the location of signals, level-crossing gates and other such approaching markers.
Mode of Selection
Selection of the eligible candidates for imparting training under the Apprentice Act, 1961 will be based on the percentage of marks obtained in High School/10th examination. Candidates may opt for more than one unit/place. In case, his merit position does not permit to allot first choice, he will be allotted subsequent choice. Selected candidates will be called for document verification at Gorakhpur and they will have to bring a copy of online application, one passport size photograph, all their original certificates & testimonials for verification purpose. After document verification, the eligible candidates will be subjected to medical examination by Railway certified Railway Doctor at allotted Division/Unit.
Candidates should note that all communication shall be made by publishing notices on NER’s website. No individual call letters etc. shall be issued at any stage. SMS/Email may be sent to the candidates. However, candidates are advised to visit NER’s website at regular- intervals. No. receipt of communication shall not be the basis of any claim, whatsoever. Candidate should note that document verification shall be conducted at a very short notice. The schedule of document verification shall be published on NER’s website.
Training & stipend: Training will be arranged in accordance with the standards and syllabus prescribed by the Central Apprenticeship Council. The selected candidates will be paid stipend during Apprenticeship at the prescribed rates as per extant instructions.
Disclaimer: Act apprentices imparted training in Railway establishments will have no claim to seek employment on Railways on the basis of such training.
Cancellation of earlier notifications: Any notifications for apprentice training in above units for year 2018-19 stands cancelled and all such candidates are required to fill online application for this purpose.
Find below all the relevant links related to this employment news / notification.
click above to download
the employment notification