Table of Contents
Last Date to apply to Central Railway: 11th January, 2019
Personnel Branch, Mumbai CSMT-400001
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for engagement of Data Entry, Operators/Executive Assistants/Digital Office Assistants on contract basis in Mumbai Division including all workshops and units coming under its jurisdiction in a single cluster which includes HQrs, Mumbai Division, CWM/MTN, CWM/PR, CWM/S&T, CE(C), S&T, Project, D&G.
1.Name of the post- Data Entry Operators/ Executive Assistants/ Digital Office Assistants
No of post- 78
Graduation in Computer Applications/ Information Technology/Computer Science of recognized University/Institute.
- Candidates will have to undergo medical Pxamination for category Cee-One and will be .1! considered for contract engagement only if they are found medically fit. Medical fitness will be examined by nominated Railway Hospital.
- The contractual staff will be permitted off on Sundays and National Holidays and if called for duty during such holidays for which Compensatory Rest will be given later. In addition, contractual staff may be granted two days leave for each completed month of , engagement in Railway. The accumulated leave will lapse as soon as the contractual period is over and cannot be carried over to next contract (if any).
- Contract (Terms and conditions)
- The contract can be terminated by either side by giving One month notice. The performance .
- monitoring of contractual appointees. will be done on regular basis and those who are unable to discharge the duties or who fall to perform as per expectations of the administration, can be given 30 days notice and their contract terminated. However, in case of gross, negligence/misconduct/irregularities, the engagement may be terminated with immediate effect.
Competent Authprity to issue disability certificate
- The Competent Authority to issue Disability Certificate shall be a Medical Board duly constituted by the Central or a State Government. The Central/ State Government may constitute Medical Boards consisting of at least three members out of which at least one shall be a specialist in the particular filed for assessing Loco Motor/cerebralNisual/hearing disability, as the case may be.
The following documents should be enclosed with the application
- Attested copy of school leaving certificate or Board's certificate in support of Date of Birth.
- Attested copies of marks sheets of educational Qualification acquired from a Recognised University/Institute.
- Attested copy of Caste Certific.ate from proper authority (viz District MagistratenTehsIdar etc.) in case of SC/ST/OBC candidates. Non creamy layer certificate in case of OBC candidate for the current year.
- Attested copy of Disability certificate in case of PH candidates.
- Work experience certificate if any.
- Candidates will have to produce all original certificates at the time of engagement. (In no case original certificates should be sent along with the application as the Administration will not be responsible for their loss/damage).
- Note:-Applications should be complete in all respects. The applications which are not in the prescribed format, unsigned, incomplete and not accompanied by self attested copies of certificate of age, educational qualification, Caste certificate (in case of SC/ST/OBC), disability certificate (in case of PH candidates) not received on the due date are ' liable/deemed to be rejected.
- The application may be dropped in the box kept at The Divisional Railway Manager; Personnel Office, Ground Floor (Grievances Cell), Annex Bldg CSMT, Mumbai — 400001 during ;. the working hours at 10.00 to 17.00 hrs.
- The last Date of the submission of the submission of the application to this office is 11.01.2019. Please note that the application will not be accepted by Speed-Post or courier. Only application sent by normal post will be accepted. No application will be entertained after the last date. Any postal delay will not be accepted. Hence candidates ensure that they should apply well before the cut off date i.e. 11.01.2019.
About Central Railway
Central Railway (abbreviated CR and मध्य) is one of the 16 zones of Indian Railways. Its headquarters is in Mumbai at Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus. It has the distinction of operating first passenger railway line in India, which opened from Mumbai to Thane on 16 April 1853. The railway zone was formed on 5 November 1951 by grouping several government-owned railways, including the Great Indian Peninsula Railway, the Scindia State Railway of the former princely state of Gwalior, Nizam State Railway, Wardha Coal State Railway and the Dholpur Railways. The Central Railway zone formerly included large parts of Madhya Pradesh and part of southern Uttar Pradesh, which made it the largest railway zone in India in terms of area, track mileage and staff. These areas became the new West Central Railway zone in April 2003. The Central Railway General Manager's official residence (erstwhile GIPR agent's residence), 'Glenogle'-a Grade II-B heritage bungalow, is located on Bhausaheb Hire Marg (Mount Pleasant Road), adjacent to the Maharashtra Chief minister's official residence 'Varsha' in Malabar Hill, Mumbai.
Mode of Selection
- The selection will be in two stages. First stage being all the applicants will be arranged according to the consolidated marks obtained in the graduation in their descending order upto 3 times the vacancies notified for filling up on contractual basis. They will be short listed for the calling for Personality Test. The Skill Assessment test will be to judge the ability of basic computer operations, including proficiency in MS Office applications, i.e Word Excel, Power point as well as his typing skills in addition to general skill assessments on offices procedure, which will be conducted by the committee on a PC/Laptop.
- Canvassing directly or indirectly by any candidate will automatically disqualify his/her selection.
- The submission of application will not confer an right on the applicant to be called for skill assessment test.
HOW TO APPLY
- Application should be submitted by the candidates in prescribed format enclosed.
- The Applicant should affix his/her recent passport size photograph duly signed by the applicant at the space provided for photographs on the application.
- Application received without caste certificate (in case of SC/ST & OBC candidates) will be treated as UR subject to fullfilling all the eligibility conditions as per UR candidates.
- Only one application should be submitted by candidate in response to this Advertisement/ Notification.
Find below all the relevant links related to this employment news / notification.
click above to download
the employment notification