Table of Contents
Last Date to apply to DMRCL: 09th October, 2019
ADVT No. DMRC/PERS/22/HR/2019(16)
Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd Metro Bhawan
Fire Brigade Lane, Barakhamba Road, New Delhi
The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) Ltd, a Joint Venture company with equity participation from Govt. of India and Govt. of National Capital Territory of Delhi has been entrusted with the responsibility of implementation of the rail-based Mass Rapid Transit System for Delhi. The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation, Lifeline of Delhi, prides itself on its ability to nurture its employees through its unique work culture. Today, DMRC empowered by about 14,500 employees with MRTS activities spread over Delhi NCR, Jaipur, Kochi, Mumbai etc. carry about 3 million passengers per day in Delhi & NCR. In addition to the above, DMRC is involved in providing consultancy services to number of cities within India and abroad.
To meet with the immediate requirement of experienced Executives and Non-Executives for DMRC Inspection cell at BEML, Bangalore, applications are invited from working or retired, experienced, dynamic and motivated personnel with technical expertise in the field of inspection of manufacturing of Railway/ Metro coaches on contract basis (re-employment) / direct recruitment basis.The details are as under:-
1.Name of the post- GM (Inspection)
No of post- 1
Pay Scale- Rs.1,70,500/- pm
2.Name of the post- AM (Inspection) & Manager (Inspection)
No of post- 4
Pay Scale- Rs.70,180 pm
3.Name of the post- Supervisor
No of post- 4
Pay Scale- Rs.61,380/- pm
Important* The vacancies are subject to increase / decrease
- The emoluments are in terms of extant rules of DMRC. In case of candidates selected on Contract (Re-employment basis), the substantive status of the candidate shall be considered. The consolidated pay for candidates working / retired at higher Grade will be restricted to the fee as mentioned against each post. The emoluments of candidate selected on Direct Recruitment basis shall earn salary, allowances and all benefits, as admissible in the pay scale of Rs.1,20,000-2,80,000/-
- The Degree/ diploma should be a full-time regular course for all the above-mentioned posts. Candidates applying for the post of GM (Inspection) on Direct recruitment basis, should have secured minimum 60% marks.
- NOTE: The term of contract of candidates, on re-employment fee basis, shall be till the age of 62 years, beyond which, if required, persons may be continued on consultant fee terms.
The Delhi Metro is a rapid transit system serving Delhi and its satellite cities of Gurgaon, Noida, Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Bahadurgarh and Ballabhgarh, in the National Capital Region of India. By far the largest and busiest metro in India, and second oldest after the Kolkata Metro it is the world's 8th longest metro system and 16th largest by ridership. The network consists of eight colour-coded regular lines, running 343 kilometres (213 mi) serving 250 stations. The system has a mix of underground, at-grade, and elevated stations using both broad-gauge and standard-gauge. Delhi Metro operates over 2,700 trips daily, starting at around 05:00 and ending at 23:30 hrs.
The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation was set up jointly by the government of India and the government of Delhi in May 1995 when the Delhi CM was Madan Lal Khurana. Total ground work and planning was done in the subsequent three years and construction started in 1998, just when Sheila Dikshit took over as the CM.
3. Job Description of the Post The incumbents of the posts shall be responsible for inspection of manufacturing of Railway/ Metro coaches.
- The selection methodology for posts to be filled on contract basis will comprise of Personal Interview.
- The screening methodology for post to be filled on Direct recruitment basis will comprise of Personal Interview and Medical examination. Candidates will have to pass through the Screening process and Medical examination, before being adjudged as suitable for selection. Candidates who fail in the prescribed medical test, will not be given any alternative employment and decision of the Corporation will be final on this issue.
- The screening process would judge different facets of knowledge, skills, experience, expertise, aptitude and physical ability. The candidates will be shortlisted for interview, based on their eligibility/ relevant work experience, in the ratio of 1:5, subject to availability of candidates.
- No reimbursement on account of travel shall be made to the candidates appearing for the Screening for posts on contract basis. However, candidates appearing for GM (Inspection) post on Direct recruitment basis shall be eligible for AC III tier rail fare.
Schedule of selection
- Last date of receipt of duly filled in application (along with relevant documents) through Speed post is 09/10/2019. Incomplete applications or applications received after the due date will summarily be rejected. DMRC shall not be responsible for loss / delay in post.
- The interview will be held by the (third) week of October, 2019 at Metro Bhawan, Barakhamba Road, New Delhi (tentatively) (Complete details will be displayed on DMRC website).
- No separate communication, by post, will be sent to candidates individually. Candidates are required to go through the instructions / schedule for interview displayed on DMRC website and appear for the interview, accordingly along with original copies of testimonials.
- The final result will be declared by (fourth) week of October, 2019 (tentatively).
Pay and emoluments
- The pay and emoluments shall be as per pay scales under IDA (Industrial DA) as applicable from time to time and other benefits which include Perks, HRA, Medical benefit, EPF, Gratuity and Insurance etc. as per extant rules of the Corporation.
- Eligible and willing candidates for the aforesaid posts may apply as per the application format at Annexure-I. The candidates must enclose all relevant documents in support of their qualification, work experience, present pay & pay scale (last drawn, in case of superannuated candidates along with their PPO)
- The candidates presently employed in Govt. or Public Sector Undertaking (PSUs) or other Metros should send their application through proper channel along with the copies of APARs for the last five years, Vigilance and D&AR clearance, so as to reach the below mentioned address within the stipulated time. The candidates who are superannuated are also required to submit their last 5 years APARs.
The duly filled in application form should be sent in an envelope super scribing the Name of Post on the cover prominently, latest by 09/10/2019, through Speed Post to the following address:
Chief General Manager (HR)
Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd
Metro Bhawan, Fire Brigade Lane,
Barakhamba Road, New Delhi.
Find below all the relevant links related to this employment news / notification."
click above to download
the employment notification