Table of Contents
Last Date to Apply to South Western Railway: 16th January, 2019
Notification No.SWR/RRC/Act Appr/02/2018
SOUTH WESTERN RAILWAY
Old GM’s Office Complex, 2nd Floor,
Club Road, Keshwapur, Hubballi-580023
ONLINE applications are invited from interested candidates for engagement of Act Apprentices for imparting training under the Apprentices Act, 1961 in the designated trades at Divisions/Workshops/Units of South Western Railway. Applications complete in all respects should be submitted only “ONLINE” till 24:00 hrs. of the closing date and candidates those who are already undergoing/undergone training should not be apply against this notification.
Candidates should note and to take cognizance of the fact that, this is a Centralized Notification for engagement of Act Apprentices under the Apprentices Act, 1961 for South Western Railway and Railway Recruitment Cell, South Western Railway, Hubballi (RRC/SWR/UBL) has been nominated as nodal agency for obtaining ONLINE applications from interested candidates and preparation of their merit list. Candidates can submit their applications ONLINE only on RRC/SWR/UBL website www.rrchubli.in.
This notification is open to all candidates with prescribed educational qualification. The candidates who have registered with local employment exchange falling in Karnataka and adjoining districts of states, served by South Western Railway i.e., Tamilnadu (Districts namely Dharmapuri, Salem & Vellore), Andhra Pradesh (Districts namely Anantapur & Chittor), Maharashtra (Sangli District) & Goa will be given preference as per CPO/SWR’s letter No.SWR/P.563/Act App/Vol.5, dtd. 26.09.2012. The other candidates will be given opportunity if the slots were unfilled.
For the wards of Serving Railway Employees and wards of retired/deceased Railway Employees may indicate the details in portal. Such candidates must be produced the declaration as per Annexure–VII & VIII at the time of document verification.
After preparation of merit list, the candidates will have to appear for document verification.
1.Name of the post- Apprentice
No of post- 963
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION
The candidate must have passed 10th class examination or its equivalent (under 10+2 examination system) with minimum 50% marks, in aggregate, from recognised Board and also possess National Trade Certificate in the notified trade issued by the National Council for Vocational Training or Provisional Certificate issued by National Council for Vocational Training/State Council for Vocational Training (NCVT/SCVT).
Note: Engineering Graduates and Diploma holders are not eligible to apply for apprenticeship in response to this notification as they are governed by separate scheme of apprenticeship.
MODE OF SELECTION
- Engagement will be on the basis of merit list prepared in respect of all the candidates who apply against the notification. The merit list will be prepared for the purpose on the basis of percentage of marks in matriculation with minimum 50% (aggregate marks) + ITI marks in the trade in which Apprenticeship is to be done. The panel will be on the basis of simple average of marks in the matriculation and ITI. For the purpose of calculation of percentage of matriculation marks obtained by the candidates in all subject will be reckoned and not on the basis of marks of any subject or a group of subjects like best of five etc. For the purpose of calculation of percentage of ITI marks, marks mentioned in the provisional /final certificate issued by NCVT/SCVT will be reckoned.
- For the purpose of calculation of percentage of marks of SSC of candidates from Board of Secondary Education Andhra Pradesh, Board of Public Examination, Kerala etc RRC will take midpoint of range of grades obtained by the candidates. After obtaining midpoints of all the attempted subjects according to grades awarded, average will be calculated treating each subject is out of 100 marks, as there is no standard method or multiplying factor for calculation of average of matriculation for such Boards.
About South Western Railway
South Western Railway was created by amalgamating the re-organized Hubli division from South Central Railway and Bangalore & Mysore divisions from Southern Railway. It has been operational from 1st April 2003 having the headquarters at Hubli in the state of Karnataka. The Railway comprises of 03 divisions, viz. Hubli, Bangalore & Mysore and primarily caters to Karnataka state with 84% of its jurisdiction located there. The balance 16% of its route length falls in Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra and Goa.
Bangalore division of this zone is passenger oriented while Hubli & Mysore divisions are fright oriented. Bangalore city is a world famous Information Technology hub of India. Hubli and Mysore are having important tourist places. This Railway hosts a large number of world heritage sites. Some of the important tourist destinations like Hampi ruins, Caves of Badami, Pattadakallu, Aihole, Goan Beaches come under the jurisdiction of Hubli division of this Railway. Mysore division caters to the World famous Dasara celebrations and other historic places like Hoyasala dynasty’s monuments in Belur, Halebeedu, Somanathapura and the famous Jogfalls.
There has been perceptible improvement in Railway services across Karnataka and its districts. After its formation 345 km of new line, 598 km of GC and 521 km of doubling have been commissioned. 110 numbers of new Express/Passenger trains have been introduced. Apart from this, services of many trains have been extended and frequency of some trains has been increased for the benefit of travelling public.
- The candidates should have completed 15 years of age and should not have completed 24 years of age as on last date of notification.
- Upper age limit is relaxable by 05 years in case of SC/ST candidates and 3 years in case of OBC candidates.
- For Persons with Disabilities, upper age limit is relaxed by 10 years.
- Upper age limit is relaxable by up to additional 10 years for ex-servicemen to the extent of service rendered in Deference Forces plus 03 years, provided that they have to put in a minimum of 6 months service at a stretch, except Ex-servicemen who have already joined in the Government service on Civil side after availing the servicemen status for the purpose of their engagement. However, regardless of their community Ex-servicemen will be considered against the Ex-servicemen quota, if available. If UR vacancies are not available then only Ex-servicemen belonging to those particular communities where the vacancies are available will be considered against Ex-servicemen quota.
HOW TO APPLY
- Candidates are required to apply “ONLINE” by visiting www.rrchubli.in and the detailed instructions for filling up “ONLINE” applications will be available on the website.
- Candidates are required to log on to the RRC/Hubli website www.rrchubli.in provided for filling “ONLINE” applications and fill up the personal details/BIO-DATA etc. carefully.
- NOTE – I: Candidates should ensure their name, father’s name, date of birth exactly match as recorded in Matriculation or equivalent certificate. Any deviation found during the document verification will lead to cancellation of candidature.
- NOTE – II: Candidates are advised to indicate their active mobile number, Aadhar Number (for authentication purpose), details of self bank account which is linked to Aadhar account and valid e-mail ID in the “ONLINE” application and keep them active during the entire engagement process as all important messages will be sent through e¬mail/SMS which will be treated as deemed to have been read by the candidates.
- The decision of the Railway administration in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of the applications and mode of selection shall be final.
- In terms of Railway Board letter No.E(MPP)/2009/6/14 (RBE No.120/2015), it is not obligatory on the part of the Railways to offer any employment to the Apprentices on completion of their Apprenticeship training. Accordingly, the Act Apprentices imparted training in Railway establishments, will have no claim to seek employment on Railways on the basis of such training.
Find below all the relevant links related to this employment news / notification.
click above to download
the employment notification