Table of Contents
Last Date to Apply to CMRL: 25th February, 2019
EMPLOYMENT NOTIFICATION No.CMRL/HR/11/2018
CHENNAI METRO RAIL LIMITED
(A Joint Venture of Govt. of India & Govt. of Tamil Nadu)
Admin Building, CMRL Depot, Poonamallee High
Road, Koyambedu, Chennai–600107
Chennai Metro Rail Limited, entrusted with the implementation of Chennai Metro Rail Project, invites applications for the post of General Manager (Track & Elevated Construction) on deputation basis. Retired Officials possessing the prescribed qualification and experience will also be considered under reappointment of retired category.
1.Name of the Post- General Manager (Track & Elevated Construction)
No of Post- 01
Pay & Allowances:
- The deputationist shall be entitled to draw pay being drawn in the parent organization. Additionally, deputation allowance and project allowance at 10% of Basic Pay each will be paid.
- Option to draw pay and allowances as per the parent organization or to draw equivalent cadre pay scale in CMRL with IDA, HRA and cafeteria allowances of 20% of Basic pay.
- Consolidated pay in respect of retired Officials will be decided based on the last pay drawn and pension being drawn.
The Chennai Metro is a rapid transit system serving the city of Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. The system commenced service in 2015 after partially opening the first phase of the project. The network consists of two colour-coded lines covering a length of 35 kilometres (22 mi). The Chennai Metro Rail Limited (CMRL), a joint venture between Government of India and the Government of Tamil Nadu built and operates the Chennai Metro. The system has a mix of underground and elevated stations and uses standard gauge. The services operate daily between 06:00 and 22:00 with a varying frequency of 10 to 20 minutes. The system has also planned to takeover the existing Chennai Mass Rapid Transit System by 2021, which would be upgraded to operate using the rolling stock of the Chennai Metro. CMRL was recognised by the International Association of Public Transport in 2011. Construction began in June 2009 and the first stretch, covering seven stations from Koyambedu to Alandur over a distance of 10 kilometres (6.2 mi), began operation on 29 June 2015. As of May 2018, Chennai Central to St. Thomas Mount on the Green line and AG-DMS to Chennai International Airport on Blue line are commercially operational which brings the total operational network over 35 km (22 mi).
Method of Recruitment: On Deputation
Job Requirements: Experience in Constructions and Maintenance Tracks, Bridges, Viaduct, Contract Management, Installation and Commissioning of turnouts and also have coordinated with Operating, Signaling, Rolling Stock and OHE departments.
Qualification and Experience: IRSE Officers (in Group A) presently in SAG and above level with minimum 16 years of experience in Railways / Metros / Central Govt.\ Organization.
Age: Age not exceeding 55 years as on date of notification 19-12-2018. Age will be relaxed for deserving candidates.
Period of deputation: Initial Period of deputation will be for a period of 3 years which can be extended.
General Terms and Conditions
Applications in the prescribed format (available in page No.4 to 6) along with the following documents should be routed through proper channel to Chief General Manager (HR), Chennai Metro Rail Limited, Admin Building, CMRL Depot, Poonamallee High Road, Koyambedu, Chennai-600107.
- Proforma (available in page No.3)
- Date of Birth Proof: Copy of Birth Certificate or 10th Certificate.
- Copy of proof of Educational Qualifications
- Copy of Experience Certificate
- Copy of Community Certificate
- Other relevant certificates (if any) The last date for receipt of application is 17-01-2019.
The forwarding authority should send the following information/documents along with applications:
- Duly attested copies of last 5 years ACRs of the applicant.
- A certificate from cadre controlling authority as per the proforma mentioned below to the effect of vigilance clearance, integrity certificate and major or minor penalty statement.
PROFORMA OF THE CERTIFICATE TO BE GIVEN BY THE HEAD OF THE OFFICE
- Certificate in respect of Shri/Smt. __________________________________________(Name & Designation)
- The particulars furnished by the applicant are correct and he/she fulfills the eligibility criteria.
- It is certified that no disciplinary / vigilance case is pending or contemplated against the applicant and he/she is clear from the vigilance angle.
- His / Her integrity is certified.
- It is certified that no major / minor penalties have been imposed on the Officer during the last 10 years.
- Attested copies of ACRs for the last five years are enclosed.
Employment Notification No.CMRL/HR/11/2018 for the post of General Manager (Track & Elevated Construction)The last date for receipt of application indicated as 17-01-2019 in the above referred employment notification for the post of General Manager (Track & Elevated Construction)has been extended. The last date for receipt of applications now is 25-02-2019. Accordingly, necessary corrections have been made in the advertisement and uploaded on the website http://chennaimetrorail.org.
Find below all the relevant links related to this employment news / notification.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form