Table of Contents
Last Date to apply to Chennai Metro Rail Limited: 6th September, 2019
EMPLOYMENT NOTIFICATION No.CMRL/HR/04/2019
CHENNAI METRO RAIL LIMITED
Admin Building, CMRL Depot, Poonamallee High Road
CMRL, a joint venture of Government of India and Government of Tamil Nadu Company, is entrusted for implementation and operation of Metro Rail in Chennai. The company intends to appoint the following official:
1.Name of the post- Director (Systems & Operations)
No of post- 01
Pay Scale- Rs.1,80,000-3,40,000/-
Required Qualifications and Experience
Degree in Electrical / Mechanical / Electronics and Communication Engineering from an institution of repute. MBA or Masters in respective field is desirable.
Proven track record of twenty five (25) years after graduation in Electrical / Mechanical / Electronics and Communication Engineering of service in one or more areas as mentioned below:
a) Group ‘A’ Service in Indian Railways.
b) Executive service in Railway PSU (IRCON, RITES, DFCC, KMRC, etc)
c) Electrification works in Metros
d) Electrification works in Large Infrastructure works.
e) Should have minimum five (5) years experience at senior levels in Railway electrification works of large nature.
ii) Should have experience and knowledge of inter-facing with railway related disciplines such as track laying works, signalling, electrification and rolling stock, etc.
iii) Should have proven experience and knowledge in handling Metro Rail Operations or EMU or Rail operations.
The Chennai Metro is a rapid transit system serving the city of Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. The system commenced service in 2015 after partially opening the first phase of the project. The network consists of two colour-coded lines covering a length of 45 kilometres (28 mi). It is the third largest metro system in India after Delhi Metro and Hyderabad Metro. The Chennai Metro Rail Limited (CMRL), a joint venture between Government of India and the Government of Tamil Nadu built and operates the Chennai Metro. The system has a mix of underground and elevated stations and uses standard gauge. The services operate daily between 4:30 and 23:00 with a varying frequency of 10 to 20 minutes. As of April 2019, about 102,000 people use the service on a daily basis. There are 42 trains with four coaches each, making a total of 168 coaches, operating in the first phase.
The system has also planned to takeover the existing Chennai Mass Rapid Transit System by 2021, which would be upgraded to operate using the rolling stock of the Chennai Metro. CMRL was recognised by the International Association of Public Transport in 2011.
Experience of all phases of major rail based urban transportation projects on contracts i.e. Planning, Bid Documents, Bidding, Execution, Commissioning, post Commissioning etc.
Experience of implementing major projects and complying with project related requirements of international funding institutions.
Experience in Railway EMU/Electric Locomotive manufacturing, maintenance and operations. Age not more than 58 years as 07-08-2019. Age of retirement is 62 years.
The appointment is on contract basis for a period of 5 years or till the age of superannuation whichever is earlier.
2. Medical Examination
Expenses for the first time medical examination of the candidate will be borne by CMRL. However, in case a candidate seeks extension for joining, then the second time medical examination expenditure will be borne by the candidates. To & fro travel expenses for the medical test shall be borne by the candidate. The Candidates,
who fail in the prescribed medical test, will not be given any alternative employment and decision of CMRL is final on this issue.
3. Character & Antecedents:
The success in the above stated selection process does not confer any right to appointment unless CMRL is satisfied after such an inquiry, as may be considered necessary, that the candidate character and antecedents is suitable in all respects for appointment to the service.
- Only Indian Nationals need apply.
- Age, Qualification & Experience stipulated above should be as on 07-08-2019. The candidates are advised to ensure while applying that they fulfill the eligibility criteria and other requirements mentioned and that the particulars furnished by them are correct in all respects. In case, if it is detected at any stage of recruitment process that the candidate does not fulfill the eligibility criteria and / or does not comply with other requirements of this advertisement and / or has furnished any incorrect or false information or has suppressed any material fact, the candidature is liable to be rejected. If any of the above short comings is / are detected even after appointment, the services will be terminated without any notice.
- Merely meeting the above qualifications and experience shall not entitle a candidate to be called for interview. Only short-listed candidates will be notified for interview. CMRL reserves the right to shortlist the candidates.
- Depending on the requirements, the Company reserves the right to cancel / curtail / increase the number of vacancies without any further notice and without assigning any reason thereof.
- TA will be paid by CMRL to the outstation candidates for attending the interview by Air (To & Fro Journey) in Economy Class only. The boarding pass has to be submitted to claim for reimbursement.
- Acceptance or rejection of application of the candidates will be at the sole discretion of Management. Incomplete applications are liable to be rejected.
- Candidates attempting to influence or interfere with the selection process will be rejected summarily and be declared disqualified for future CMRL recruitments.
- Persons already working in Government / PSU organization should forward their application through proper channel or produce NOC at the time of interview.
How to apply
- Applications must be in response to our advertisement quoting Advertisement Reference No. and Post on the application form.
- Applications should be submitted strictly as per the prescribed format.
- Name of the post applied for should be superscribed on the envelope containing the application.
- The application should contain one recent passport size photograph pasted on the form, self attested copy of proof of age, caste certificate in the prescribed format as applicable, degree certificates and experiences certificate.
- Prescribed applications must be forwarded to CMRL through Post/Courier Service only. Applications forwarded through any other means including by Fax or e-mail will not be entertained.
- Signed applications in hard copy along with related document copies along with duly filled in application form (application form available in page no.4 to 6) must reach the Chief General Manager (HR), Chennai Metro Rail Limited, Admin Building, CMRL Depot, Poonamallee High Road, Koyambedu, Chennai – 600107 on or before 06-09-2019. CMRL will not be responsible for any delay / loss in postal transit of any application or communication. CGM (HR) can be reached at email ID email@example.com for any queries. Candidates shall compulsorily provide an email ID for correspondence. All correspondence from CMRL shall be sent only through the email ID provided by the candidate.
Find below all the relevant links related to this employment news / notification.
click above to download
the employment notification