Table of Contents
Last Date to apply to DMRCL: 17th October, 2019
Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd Metro Bhawan
Fire Brigade Lane, Barakhamba Road
The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) Ltd., a Joint Venture company with equity participation from Govt. of India and Govt. of National Capital Territory of Delhi has been entrusted with the responsibility of implementation of the rail-based Mass Rapid Transit System for Delhi. The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation, Lifeline of Delhi, prides itself on its ability to nurture its employees through its unique work culture. Today, DMRC empowered by about 14,500 employees with MRTS activities spread over Delhi NCR, Jaipur, Kochi, Mumbai etc., carry about 3 million passengers per day in Delhi & NCR. In addition to the above, DMRC is involved in providing consultancy services to number of cities within India and abroad.
To meet with the immediate requirement of filling up the vacancy of General Manager (Electrical), applications are invited from experienced, dynamic and motivated persons having expertise in the field of Erection, Testing & Commissioning including maintenance of 25kV OHE, TSS, Electrical / General Services, Rolling Stock Maintenance etc while working in Electrical department to be filled on Direct Recruitment basis / Contract (Re-employment) basis:
1.Name of the post- General Manager
No of post- 1
Pay Scale- Rs.1,20,000-2,80,000/-
The Delhi Metro is a rapid transit system serving Delhi and its satellite cities of Gurgaon, Noida, Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Bahadurgarh and Ballabhgarh, in the National Capital Region of India. By far the largest and busiest metro in India, and second oldest after the Kolkata Metro it is the world's 8th longest metro system and 16th largest by ridership. The network consists of eight colour-coded regular lines, running 343 kilometres (213 mi) serving 250 stations. The system has a mix of underground, at-grade, and elevated stations using both broad-gauge and standard-gauge. Delhi Metro operates over 2,700 trips daily, starting at around 05:00 and ending at 23:30 hrs.
The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation was set up jointly by the government of India and the government of Delhi in May 1995 when the Delhi CM was Madan Lal Khurana. Total ground work and planning was done in the subsequent three years and construction started in 1998, just when Sheila Dikshit took over as the CM.
Construction started in 1998 and the first elevated section (Shahdara to Tis Hazari) on the Red Line opened on 24 December 2002, inaugurated by then PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee, while the first underground section (Vishwa Vidyalaya - Kashmere Gate) on Yellow Line opened on 20 December 2004. The development of the network was divided into phases, Phase I containing 3 lines was completed by 2006, and Phase II in 2011. Phase III is in the finishing stage, and scheduled to be mostly complete by 2019. Phase IV having received approval, construction is expected to start in 2019.
The candidates must have expertise in the field of Erection, Testing & Commissioning including maintenance of 25kV OHE, TSS, Electrical/ General Services, Rolling Stock Maintenance etc. in Electrical department.
A.For employees from Govt. organizations in CDA Pay Scales (i) Officers working in CDA pay scale of Rs. 37,400 – 67,000 (GP-10,000) (pre-revised) / Level 14; in any Govt. Organization or PSU, including services put in on deputation, in the above pay scale.
B.For employees working/ retired from Govt. PSUs/ Organizations in IDA Pay Scales (i)Executives working/ retired in IDA pay scale of Rs.51,300-73,000 (pre-revised) or Rs.1,20,000-2,80,000 in any Govt. Organization or PSU, including services put in on deputation, in the above pay scale.
(ii) Executives working / retired in IDA pay scale of Rs.43,200-66,000 (pre-revised) or Rs.1,00,000-2,60,000 with minimum 5-year service in IDA pay scale of Rs. 43,200-66,000 (pre-revised) or Rs.1,00,000-2,60,000.
- The incumbent of the post shall be responsible for managing all Electrical works of Patna Metro Project including 25 AC Traction, Traction Sub Station, Electrical General, Utility Diversion, Air Conditioning & Tunnel Ventilation etc.
- Screening process: The selection methodology for candidates applying on contract basis will comprise of Personal Interview.
- The screening methodology for candidates applying on Direct recruitment basis will comprise of Personal Interview and Medical examination. Candidates will have to pass through the Screening process and Medical examination, before being adjudged as suitable for selection. Candidates who fail in the prescribed medical test, will not be given any alternative employment and decision of the Corporation will be final on this issue.
- The screening process would judge different facets of knowledge, skills, experience, expertise, aptitude and physical ability. The candidates will be shortlisted for interview, based on their eligibility / relevant work experience, in the ratio of 1:5, subject to availability of candidates.
- No reimbursement on account of travel shall be made to the candidates appearing for the Screening on contract basis. However, candidates appearing for the post on Direct recruitment basis, shall be eligible for AC III tier rail fare.
Schedule of selection
- Last date of receipt of duly filled in application (along with relevant documents) through Speed post is 17/10/2019. Incomplete applications or applications received after the due date will be summarily rejected. DMRC shall not be responsible for loss / delay in post.
- The list of shortlisted candidates shall be uploaded on DMRC website on 31/10/2019 (tentatively) and interview will be held in the second week of November, 2019 at Metro Bhawan, Barakhamba Road, New Delhi (tentatively) (Complete details will be displayed on DMRC website).
- No separate communication, by post, will be sent to candidates individually. Candidates are required to go through the instructions / schedule for interview displayed on DMRC website and appear for the interview, accordingly along with original copies of testimonials.
- The final result will be declared by third week of November, 2019 (Tentatively).
Additional information for candidates applying for the post of GM (Electrical), on direct recruitment basis:
Character & antecedents:
The success in the screening process does not confer any right to appointment unless the Corporation is satisfied after such an enquiry, as may be considered necessary, that the candidate having regard to his / her character & antecedents is suitable in all respects for appointment to the service.
The candidate selected for the post GM/Electrical will have to execute a Surety Bond of Rs. 4,00,000/- plus applicable service tax & cost of training plus applicable service tax to serve the Corporation for a minimum period of three years (exclusive of the period in which one remained on LWP or EOL) and also a three months prior notice, will be required before seeking resignation for the Corporation.
The selected candidate on appointment will be on a Probation for a period of one year (including the period of training).
Pay and emoluments
The pay and emoluments shall be as per pay scales under IDA (Industrial DA) as applicable from time to time and other benefits which include Perks, HRA, Medical benefit, EPF, Gratuity and Insurance etc. as per extant rules of the Corporation.
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR ALL CANDIDATES APPLYING AGAINST THIS ADVT
Eligible and willing candidates for the aforesaid post may apply as per the application format at Annexure-I. The candidate must enclose all relevant documents in support of qualification, work experience, pay & pay scale, NOC, Vigilance and D&AR clearance from present employer, APARs of last five years.
The candidates presently employed in Railways / Govt. organizations / Public Sector Undertaking (PSUs) should send their application through proper channel along with all above mentioned documents, so as to reach the below mentioned address within the stipulated time.
The duly filled in application form should be sent in an envelope super scribing the Name of Post on the cover prominently, latest by 17/10/2019, through Speed Post to the following address:
Chief General Manager (HR)
Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd Metro Bhawan
Fire Brigade Lane, Barakhamba Road
Find below all the relevant links related to this employment news / notification.
click above to download
the employment notification