Table of Contents
Last Date to apply to East Coast Railway: 10th December, 2018
Employment Notice No. ECoR /Pers/S & G/2018-19
EAST COAST RAILWAY
Office of the Principal Chief Personnel Officer
2nd Floor, Rail Sadan, Chandrasekharpur, Bhubaneswar, Odisha-751017.
Applications are invited from Indian nationals who are active members of Bharat Scouts & Guides for recruitment against Scouts & Guides Quota in East Coast Railway for the year 2018-19 for the vacancies indicated below:
1.Name of the post- Group-C
No of post- 02
2.Name of the post- Erstwhile Gr.D
No of post- 6
Instruction for filling up the application Form:
- The notification with the application form are available in East Coast Railway website www.eastcoastrail.indianrailways.gov.in. Candidates should carefully read the instructions before filling up application form. Application Form should be made on a good quality white A-4 (210x297 mm) size paper using ONE SIDE ONLY. The candidate should use the same format as available in the website.
- The candidate has to fill up required information in his/her own handwriting using blue / black ball point pen. The application should be filled either in English or Hindi but not in any other language. Application filled in any language other than Hindi/English and having any change in the format of application will lead to rejection of application summarily.
- One recent passport size photograph (4cm x 5cm) should be affixed on the application form without fail. The Photo may preferably be not older than 3 month as on date of applying. The photo should clearly reveal the full face and should be taken without wearing cap and goggles/coloured glasses. Photo should be new, sharp and clear, with light background, suitable for scanning and printing. Do not put any mark or signature on the front side of the affixed photograph. The photograph should be neatly and firmly pasted in the prescribed space, and not stapled or pinned. Photograph should not be attested. (iv) One loose extra photograph with name, date of birth, and signature of the candidate written on the backside should be attached along with the application form.
- Candidate should copy the paragraph at Item-25 of the application form in English/Hindi in his/her own running handwriting (not in capital/spaced out letters) in the space given below the paragraph.
- Signature of the applicant must be full and in running hand not in block capital letter or disjointed letters. Candidates are required to sign in English or in Hindi in the prescribed places provided in the application form.
- While filling up of the application, candidates have to ensure that the signatures and two marks of physical identification (like a mole on the nose, cut-mark on the fore head in the left side or a scar mark below the left arm etc)are clearly given without fail. Candidates should also give two left thumb impressions in the application form. If the LTIs are not clear and are smudged, the application will be liable to be rejected.
- Applicant should write on the top of the envelope containing the application as follows: “Application against Scouts and Guides Quota Recruitment for the year 2018-19 for Group-C or Erstwhile Gr.D .”
- Applicant should clearly indicate the post for which he/she applied for (i.e. for Group-C or for Erstwhile Gr.D ). Applications without indicating the post will be rejected.
- Candidates should send their applications so as to reach at the address mentioned at para 3.3 below on or before the closing date and time. Railway Administration shall not be responsible for any postal delays. Application received after the last date & time would be summarily rejected.
- Candidates should note that only Date of Birth as recorded in the Matriculation/High School Examination Certificate is to be considered.
- Candidate should write his/her name, father’s name / husband’s name in capital letters as given in educational Certificate.
OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Eligibility status of the candidate shall be made available on East Coast Railway website. Candidates can verify their eligibility from the website.
- Applications not fulfilling any of the terms and conditions given in this notification shall be summarily rejected.
- Applicant should possess requisite educational and Scouting/Guiding qualifications on the date of submission of application.
- Discrepancies in the application submitted would render the candidate ineligible at any time during the selection.
- Eligible applicants will be issued with call letters to their correspondence address, for the Written Test. East Coast Railway will upload the list of eligible and ineligible candidates in the website of East Coast Railway website address www.eastcoastrail.indianrailways.gov.in for general information and viewing. No other intimation of rejection, other than uploading the list in the above mentioned website, would be communicated to ineligible candidates.
- SC/ST candidates will be eligible for free rail travel in second class as per extant rules.
- Selected candidates have to pass the requisite medical fitness standards prior to appointment.
- In the event of appointment as Clerk-cum- typist posts in Group-C railway service, candidates will be required to acquire typing proficiency of 30 w.p.m. in English or 25 w.p.m. in Hindi within a period of two years from the date of appointment, and till such time, appointment will be provisional.
- Decision of East Coast Railway in all matters relating to this recruitment shall be final.
- The candidates applying against this notification should keep track of the Date of Written Test / Document verification which will be notified through the official website of East Coast Railway. In case the applicant does not receive the call letter before the notified date of written examination due to postal delay, the applicant should report to the Assistant Personnel Officer(Rectt.) in person for duplicate call letter one day before the day of the written examination. Duplicate call letter will be issued on production of original photo Identity Card i.e. Aadhar Card, Voter Identity Card, PAN Card, Passport or Driving License. (xi) Written test will be conducted for the eligible applicants applying against the post for Group-C and for the erstwhile Gr.D posts separately.
- Candidates may download recruitment notification and application form available on East Coast Railway website address www.eastcoastrail.indianrailways.gov.in.
- Selected candidates are likely to be posted anywhere on East Coast Railway after successful completion of all pre-appointment formalities, including training wherever prescribed.
About East Coast Railway:
East Coast Railway – one of the blue chip zones of Indian Railways came into existence in its present form with effect from 1st April 2003. Since then, the new zonal railway headquarter has been functioning at Bhubaneswar, the capital city in the state of Orissa. The geographical jurisdiction of the railway is however extended over three states encompassing almost all parts of Orissa alongwith parts of Srikakulam, Vizainagaram & Visakhapatnam districts of North Eastern Andhra Pradesh, and Bastar & Dantewada districts of Chhatisgarh State. As such, these regions with a
long coastal line are rich in mineral and other natural resources, and are on the threshold of an industrial upsurge.
HOW TO APPLY:
Application Fee: Candidates should submit application fee for an amount mentioned below in the form of Demand Draft / Pay Order from any Nationalized Bank, or crossed Indian Postal Order from any Post Office (issued on or after the date of this notification) drawn in favour of “Principal Financial Adviser, East Coast Railway, payable at Bhubaneswar”.
Find below all the relevant links related to this employment news / notification.
click above to download
the employment notification