Table of Contents
Last Date to apply to Railway Recruitment Boards: 07th February, 2019
Government of India, Ministry of Railways,
Railway Recruitment Boards
- Candidates should ensure that they possess/fulfill all eligibility conditions prescribed for the post(s) as on the closing date of online registration (31.01.2019). CANDIDATES WAITING FOR FINAL RESULTS OF PRESCRIBED EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION SHOULD NOT APPLY.
- Any candidate found using unfair means of any kind in the examination, sending someone else in his/her place to appear in the examination, attempt to impersonate will be debarred from appearing in all the examinations of all the RRBs/RRCs (Railway Recruitment Cell) for lifetime. He/she will also be debarred from getting any appointment in the Railways, and if already appointed, will be dismissed from service. Such candidates are also liable for legal prosecution.
- Candidates are advised to visit only official websites of the RRBs indicated at Para 20.0 of the CEN and be very cautious about fake websites and job racketeers.
- Scale of Pay: For Junior Engineer (JE), Junior Engineer (Information Technology) [JE(IT)], Depot Material Superintendant (DMS) and Chemical & Metallurgical Assistant (CMA):-Level 06 (RSRP 7th CPC Pay Matrix.) with initial pay of Rs. 35400/-, plus other allowances admissible at that time.
- Age: 18-33 years (as on 01-01-2019) (Please refer Para No. 5.0).
- Candidates are required to go through the Post Parameter Table, Vacancy Table and ascertain their eligibility to apply through ONLINE mode to any one RRB only, depending upon their eligibility. The selection of RRB once exercised shall be final. Application to more than one RRB, will lead to rejection of all the applications.
About Indian Railways
The first railway on Indian sub-continent ran over a stretch of 21 miles from Bombay to Thane. The idea of a railway to connect Bombay with Thane, Kalyan and with the Thal and Bhore Ghats inclines first occurred to Mr. George Clark, the Chief Engineer of the Bombay Government, during a visit to Bhandup in 1843. The formal inauguration ceremony was performed on 16th April 1853, when 14 railway carriages carrying about 400 guests left BoKri Bunder at 3.30 pm "amidst the loud applause of a vast multitude and to the salute of 21 guns." The first passenger train steamed out of Howrah station destined for Hooghly, a distance of 24 miles, on 15th August, 1854. Thus the first section of the East Indian Railway was opened to public traffic, inaugurating the beginning of railway transport on the Eastern side of the subcontinent. In south the first line was opened on Ist July, 1856 by the Madras Railway Company. It ran between Vyasarpadi Jeeva Nilayam (Veyasarpandy) and Walajah Road (Arcot), a distance of 63 miles. In the North a length of 119 miles of line was laid from Allahabad to Kanpur on 3rd March 1859. The first section from Hathras Road to Mathura Cantonment was opened to traffic on 19th October, 1875. These were the small’s beginnings which is due course developed into a network of railway lines all over the country. By 1880 the Indian Railway system had a route mileage of about 9000 miles. INDIAN RAILWAYS, the premier transport organization of the country is the largest rail network in Asia and the world’s second largest under one management.
- Admission to all stages of recruitment process shall be purely provisional, subject to the candidates satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions.
- Mere issue of e-Call letter to the candidates will NOT imply that their candidature has been finally accepted by the RRB.
- RRBs conduct verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents only after the candidates have qualified in all the stages of examinations. RRBs may reject the candidature of any applicant at any stage of recruitment process, in case the candidate is found to be not fulfilling the requisite criteria, and if appointed, such a candidate is liable to be removed from service summarily.
- Before applying for the post(s) against this CEN, candidates should satisfy themselves that they fulfill all the eligibility norms including age, educational qualification(s) and medical standard(s). Candidates should ensure that they have requisite educational/technical qualifications from recognized Board/University/Institute as on the on the closing date for ONLINE Registration (31.01.2019). Those awaiting results of the final examination for the prescribed qualification are not eligible and hence should not apply.
- Candidates attempting to apply with minor changes of information and/or facts to more than one RRB and /or multiple applications to the same RRB will be summarily rejected and such candidates will be debarred from all future examinations of RRB.
- Candidates who have been debarred by any RRB/RRC either for life or for a specified period which is not yet completed should NOT apply for this CEN. Their candidature will be rejected during any stage of recruitment as and when detected.
- Candidates should enter their Name, Father’s Name and Date of Birth as recorded in the Matriculation/SSLC/High School Examination Certificate or an equivalent Certificate ONLY. In cases of name change, candidates should indicate their Changed Name only in the ONLINE application. However, other details should match with the Matriculation or Equivalent certificate. Date of such change (or) application for such change should be prior to the date of registration of ONLINE application.
Gazette Notification or any other legal document as applicable for such cases should be submitted at the time of Document Verification (DV).
- Signatures of the candidates on all documents should be identical, in all stages of recruitment process and should not be in block/capital letters. Signatures in different style at the time of CBT and DV etc. (as applicable) may result in cancellation of candidature.
- Dates of examinations will also be published on the websites of participating RRBs and e-Call letters for CBT and DV (as applicable) will be available for downloading ONLY on websites of the RRBs concerned. The examination centre, date and shift indicated in the call letter shall be final. RRBs reserve the right to introduce additional CBTs and/or additional DV etc., without assigning any reason.
- Vacancies indicated in the CEN are provisional and may increase or decrease or even may become NIL in total or in specific Railways/Units/Communities/Posts at a later stage depending upon the actual needs of the Railway Administration. Further additional posts, if required by the Railway(s)/Unit(s) may also be included at later stage. The Railway Administration also reserves the right to cancel the notified vacancies at its discretion and such decision will be final and binding on all. In the event of cancellation of notified vacancies, the examination fee paid by the candidates will not be refunded except for candidates, who have attended the 1st Stage CBT.
- Preference for post(s) and/or Railway(s)/Unit(s): The options from the candidates for various posts for which they are eligible in the opted RRB, shall be taken during submission of ONLINE applications. On completion of all stages of recruitment process, RRBs shall allot post & Railway/Unit as per the option of the candidates
ONLY subject to merit and vacancy position. Once candidates have been empanelled as per their merit/choice, they will forfeit the right to be considered for any other post/category.
- Candidates with partial option will be considered only for the specific categories opted by them. Non-option for certain posts would be considered as their unwillingness for the same.
- However, RRBs also reserve the right to allot Post/Railway/Unit not opted by the candidates, if considered necessary in administrative interest, subject to the candidate(s) meeting the requirements of the post concerned. In case of shortfall in empanelment of candidates or other exigencies, RRB reserves the right to utilize the extra list of candidates, if required, as per the merit and option of the candidates.
- Selection by RRB does not confer upon candidates any right of appointment in the Railways. The function of the RRB is to recommend names of suitable candidates to the concerned authorities of the Zonal Railway/Production Unit who in turn issue the offer of appointment letter subject to availability of vacancies and satisfying all eligibility criteria including antecedents and character.
- Selected candidates will have to undergo training wherever prescribed and during training period only stipend will be paid as applicable.
- Selected candidates have to execute Security and/or Indemnity Bond wherever necessary at the time of joining in Railway/ Post.
Find below all the relevant links related to this employment news / notification.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply now
to RRB for CEN/03-2018