Table of Contents
Last Date to apply to Northern Railway: 12th December, 2018
Notice No.40-Med/HVS/FZR dated, 20.11.2018
News paper advertisement is made for empanelment of HVS consultant for Divisional Railway Hospital, Firozpur and Sub-Divisional Hospital, Amritsar in the following specialities:
1.Name of the Hospital- Divl. Hospital, Opposite Railway Station, Firozpur Cantt
Name of the post- Paediatrics, ENT, Genl. Surgery
2.Name of the Hospital- Sub-Divl.Hospital, B.Block Railway Colony, Amritsar
Name of the post- Opthalmology, Orthopaedic, Gynaecology
As per the Railway Board guidelines, the above posts to be filled up through news papers advertisement indicating terms and conditions indicated below:
- Specialists:- Post graduate degree from a recognized University, Minimum three years experience in the professional work related to concerned specialist after botaining PG degree.
- PG diploma holders with 05 years experience in the professional work related to concerned speciality after obtaining PG diploma.
i) During the first time engagement, the prelerred age is between 30 years to 64 years.
ii) Upper age limit of continued engagement is 65 years.
About Northern Railway
The Northern Railway is one of the 17 Railway zones of India and the northernmost zone of the Indian Railways. Its headquarter is New Delhi Baroda House near India Gate. Officially notified as a new railway zone on 14 April 1952, its origin goes back to 3 March 1859. On 14 April 1952, the Northern Railway zone was created by merging Jodhpur Railway, Bikaner Railway, Eastern Punjab Railway and three divisions of the East Indian Railway north-west of Mughalsarai (Uttar Pradesh). On 3 March 1859, Allahabad-Kanpur, the first passenger railway line in North India was opened, which falls under Northern Railway zone. In 1864, a broad gauge track from Calcutta to Delhi was laid. In 1864, the railway line between Old Delhi and Meerut City railway station was constructed. Meerut Cantt railway station was established by British India government around 1865 after the sepoy mutiny of 1857. In 1866, through trains started running on the East Indian Railway Company’s Howrah-Delhi line. In 1870, the Sind, Punjab and Delhi railway completed the 483 km (300 mi) long Amritsar – Ambala – Jagadhri- Saharanpur – Ghaziabad line connecting Multan (now in Pakistan) with Delhi. In 1872, Sarai Rohilla railway station was established when the metre gauge railway line from Delhi to Jaipur and Ajmer was being laid. It was a small station just outside Delhi as Delhi was confined to walled city then. All the metre gauge trains starting from (and terminating at) Delhi to Rewari, Punjab, Rajasthan and Gujarat passed through this station. The track from Delhi to Sarai Rohilla was double. The single track from Sarai Rohilla to Rewari was doubled up to Rewari, from where single tracks diverged in five directions.
Tenure of working
- If the offer is given, is is to be given for one year only.
- After expiry of one year, extension can be given.
Number of visits/Number of hours etc
- 02 Hours every day/6 days/week and 04 HOurs every day/6 days/week
- In addition, they have to come to hospital whenever called in for emergency on any day, including Sunday and off day (for 4 days & 2 days/week) and at any time of the day.
Free Railway Passes
- One set of complimentary Railway pass valid all over Indian railway & Konkan Railway in AC Two Tier including Rajdhani express and in AC chair Car of Shatabdi Express for self+spouse+dependent children (as per rules applicable for Railway employees) will be made available as per the entitlement of selection Grade officers in each calendar year.
- Complimentary pass can be availed after three months of engagement for the calendar year.
Termination of Contract
The contract may be terminated at any time on one month notice on either side. The administration reserves the right not to assign any reason or such termination.
The interested doctors can submit their Bio-Data along-with their professional work experience, option regarding 2 hours/6 days or 4 Hours/+ days and contact details to Chief Medical Supdt., Northern Railway, Divisional Hospital, Firozpur-152001 up to 13.00 Hrs on 12.12.2018.
Find below all the relevant links related to this employment news / notification.
click above to download
the employment notification