No.: RITES/WR//IEs (Mech.)Dep./2018
Churchgate Station Bldg.,
Second Floor, M.K. Road, Mumbai-400020
The General Manager of Railway Zones, Production units and Affiliated institutes (as per list) The Secretary (Deputation), Railway Board, New Delhi-110001 The Secretary, Military Engineer Service (MES) Head Office, Room No. 143, Kashmir House Raja Ji Marg, New Delhi-110001
The Directorate General, Central Public Works Department (CPWD), A-Wing, Room No.- 101, Nirman Bhavan, New Delhi-110001
The Secretary, BRDB, Sena Bhawan, B-Wing, New Delhi-110001
The Director General, DGS&D, Jeevan Tara Building, 5 Sansad Marg, New Delhi —110001
The Director General Ordnance Factory Board, Kolkata CMDs All CPSUs (as per List enclosed)
Chief Secretary of all States Governments /UT
CMDs of Discom / Transcoms /Gencoms all States /UT Secretary PWD of all States / UT
1. RITES Limited is a government of India Enterprise specializing in providing professional comprehensive multidisciplinary services in the field of Engineering Consultancy, Transportation, Planning and Economics. Quality Assurance Division of RITES is a premier Third Party Inspection agency accredited by NABCB with IS 17025 engaged in Third Party Inspection of various type of material for Railway and Non-Railway customers since 1975. About 20,000/- Crores of material is inspected by RITES QA per annum.
2 RITES, Quality Assurance Division intend to formulate a panel of Inspecting Engineers for ‘Mechanical Engineering’ Discipline, who will be appointed in RITES on deputation basis. Accordingly the application are invited from willing individuals who are presently working in Zonal Railways, Production Units and Railway Board, R. D. S. 0 or attached offices of Railway in grades Rs.9300.34800 with minimum grade pay Rs. 4200/¬(pre-revised). The applicant should be either a diploma holder in the relevant discipline with at least 10 years experience or a degree holder with minimum 5 years experience (applicant having passed Section “A” & “B” of the Institution of Engineers India will be eligible to apply). Applicant should not be above 52 years of age as on the last day for submitting the application i.e. 30.03.2018 relaxable for 2 years in case of deserving candidates. He/she should have adequate knowledge and operational experience in the discipline as indicate below.
3. Executives working on regular basis in other Central / State Govt. Deptt./PSU’s in Mechanical stream are also eligible to apply on deputation basis. The candidate working in Public Sector Company should be working on permanent posting in the Grade of Assistant Manager in the pay scale of 20600-46500 (IDA or equivalent of CDA) OR 25900-50500 for a continuous period of one year in the eligible grade, with overall experience in the CPSU of 5years or more. Employees working on contract basis or hired through manpower agency will however not be eligible. Candidates from Central/State Government organizations applying for the post should be in the grade of pay Band 9300-34800 (Grade Pay Rs. 4200/- or Rs. 4600/- or equivalent) from organization like, MES, BRDB, DGS&D, CPWD, Ordnance Factories or other Central Govt. Organization besides Railways with Minimum experience as shown in Para 4 below.
4. The candidates should possess experience in the field of Quality Assurance / maintenance / Production / Design officers in the Public Sector/ Central / State Government office from where they applying. Certification courses in radiographic testing non destructive testing or similar professional expertise in quality assurance are desirable.
5. The candidates selected and placed on the panel shall, on appointment in RITES, be entitled to deputation pay (5% or 10% of pay depending on place of posting) + Expert professional Allowance 20% of pay) [Pay means Basic Pay + Grade Pay] + Furnishing Allowance on reimbursable basis (currently Rs.20,000/- per year for Inspecting Engineers/ Senior Inspecting Engineers) in addition to their parent pay. The candidates can be posted to any region at the 5 States (Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Chhatisgarh, Gujarat and Goa) with H.Q. at Mumbai. Candidates can indicate their choice of place at the time of application. Likely places of posting are Mumbai, Pune, Ahmadabad, Vadodara, Raipur, Bhopal, Indore, Nasik, Mundra etc.
6. The short listed applicants shall be required to present themselves for an interview, and those found suitable shall be placed on a panel. The empanelled persons, on appointment in RITES, are liable to be posted at different location falling under the Western Region as given above.
Applicants are advised that generally they shall be considered for deputation to Western Region where they are applying. However they can be posted in other region of QA Division of RITES as per requirement.
8. Applicants from railways must submit information in case they have applied in other regions of QA Divisions in the past 3 years. Applicants who have worked on deputation of RITES/QA division shall be considered for appointment only after they have completed Cooling off period 3 years or as applicable.
9. Applicants to note that the period of Deputation in RITES will be for 3 years extendable by 2 more years in two tenures of one year each. Those who put in exceptional performance during the period could be considered favorably for posting in other division/future projects in RITES.
10. It is requested that the contents of this letter may be given wide publicity among the staff working in your Railway/Organization and the names of willing personal who fulfill the above requirements and who are desirous of joining RITES on deputation, may kindly be obtained and duly forwarded by the Controlling Authority. Copies of confidential reports of the applicants for the last 5 years may also be sent along with the applications for proper evaluation (for the year March 2013 to March 2017) along with D&AR/SPA clearance along with their bio-data in the format enclosed herewith so as to reach the undersigned latest by 30.03.2018 at the following address.
Churchgate Station Bldg.,
2nd Floor, M.K. Road, Churchgate,
Email id:- firstname.lastname@example.org
click above to download
the employment notification