Table of Contents
Last date to apply to East Coast Railway is: 08-11-2018
EMPLOYMENT NOTICE NO.02/2018—CMP
EAST COAST RAILWAY
"WALK-IN —INTERVIEW" NOTICE
A walk-in-interview will be conducted to form a panel of doctors for their engagement as Contract Medical Practitioners (CMP) on full time contract basis in Khurda Road Division, East Coast Railway from open market, retired Railway Doctors and retired Government Medical Doctors of State Government and Central Government are also eligible to apply for a period of one year which can be renewed as a fresh contract on year to year basis on willingness of concerned CMP, not extendable beyond 12 years or till the post filled up by regular IRMS Doctors or till the scheme is available whichever is earlier.
1.Name of the post- Railway Doctor
No of post- 02
Pay Scale- Rs.75000/-
OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Selected candidates will be subjected to medical examination and only medically fit candidate will be given the award of contract/engagement as CMP. At the time of entering in to contract, the CMP shall produce certificate of his/her character and antecedents from two Gazetted Officers of the Central/State Govt.
- The full time Contract Medical Practitioner who enters contract with Railways will not have any claim or right for his/her continuity or automatic extension of the term of contract.
- During the validity of the contract, the CMP will be at liberty to terminate the contract for betterment of his/her career or any other ground by giving 15 days prior notice to the Railways. The contract can also be terminated by the Railways at any time during the contract by giving 15 days notice without assigning any reasons whatsoever. The contract shall also be terminated by the Railways administration if the CMP is found to be mentally or physically incapacitated.
- It will not confer any right for automatic regularization or absorption in railways.
- The CMP may avail of free medical treatment for self only except operations categorized as 'special' in para 622(8) of IRMM 2000 and treatment normally available at super specialty centre from his/her respective zonal railway hospitals during the currency of contract.
- The detailed instructions with regard to the duties while in contract in Railways shall be given to CMP concerned in the event of selection along with the offer of engagement.
- Appearance in the interview will not vest any right upon the candidate to be engaged as CMP & no reasons will be cited or communication shall be made with the candidate in the event of candidate not getting selected.
About the company:
The geographical jurisdiction of East Coast Railway zone extends over three states encompassing almost all of Odisha along with parts of Srikakulam, Vizianagaram and Visakhapatnam districts of northeastern Andhra Pradesh and Bastar, Mahasamund and Dantewada districts of Chhattisgarh state. The zonal headquarters is at Bhubaneswar in Odisha. The East Coast Railway is one of the seventeen railway zones of Indian Railways. It came into existence on 1 April 2003. As the name suggests, most of the railway routes of the zone are near the east coast of India. The headquarters of the zone are at Bhubaneswar. The East Coast Railway line integrated with the commissioned Howrah-Chennai electrified trunk route on 29 November 2005. There was a missing link between Kharagpur and Visakhapatnam stations and all trains from Howrah towards Chennai side had to undergo a locomotive change from electric to diesel at Kharagpur and vice versa at Visakhapatnam in order to pass through Odisha. Even trains from New Delhi such as the Bhubaneswar Rajdhani had to undergo the change at Kharagpur. This frequent loco change on a trunk route became a time consuming & inconvenient process. With electrification along the 765 km Kharagpur-Visakhapatnam stretch, trains got speeded up and the need for double headed diesels for high speed express trains was eliminated thus saving on diesel consumption and a cleaner travel. Additionally the line branching off Khurda road towards Puri was also electrified. Gradually the Cuttack-Angul line, Cuttack-Paradeep line and branch line from Jakhapura towards Barbil got electrified too.
Walk-In Interview: 08-11-2018
Find below all the relevant links related to this employment news / notification.
click above to download
the employment notification