Table of Contents
Last Date to apply to BMRCL: 12th April, 2019
BANGALORE METRO RAIL CORPORATION LIMITED
III Floor, BMTC Complex, K.H.Road
BMRCL invites applications from qualified and experienced personnel for appointment on contract basis to the following position in the Connectivity and Asset Management Division.
Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited, a Joint Venture of Government of India and Government of Karnataka, is a Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) entrusted with the responsibility of implementing the Metro Rail Project in the city of Bangalore. BMRCL is looking for a highly qualified and motivated persons to work directly with the Executive Director of Connectivity and Asset Management Division to focus on high-quality first- and last-mile connectivity to the Bengaluru Metro, to support planning and development of station and surrounding areas for providing optimal passenger experience to the metro commuters, and to support multi-modal mobility options. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to impact the quality of transportation in Bengaluru by working directly to support
the future development of a world-class mass transit infrastructure in the city. BMRCL invites applications for following 2 positions for appointment on “contract basis” only at Bengaluru.
1.Name of the Post- Senior Consultant
No of post- 2
Master’s degree in Transportation Planning / Transportation Engineering / Urban Planning with specialization in Transport Planning / Economics with specialization in
Transport Economics, or equivalent.
Namma Metro, also known as Bengaluru Metro is a rapid transit system serving the city of Bengaluru, India. As of February 2019 the fourth longest operational metro network in India after the Delhi Metro, Hyderabad Metro and Chennai Metro. It also contains the first underground metro line in South India. The metro network consists of two colour-coded lines, with a total length of 42.3 kilometres serving 41 stations. The system has a mix of underground, at-grade, and elevated stations using standard-gauge tracks. The metro has an average daily ridership of 400,000 passengers. By 2023, the system is expected to complete its phase 2 network and provide connectivity to the city's important tech hubs of Electronics City and Whitefield.
The Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Ltd (BMRCL), a purely state funded project by the Government of Karnataka, built and operates the Namma Metro. Services operate daily between 05:00 and 23:00 running with a headway varying between 4–20 minutes. The trains are composed of three to six cars. The power output is supplied by 750 volt direct current through third rail. Namma Metro was the second rail transport system in India to use 750 V DC third rail traction, the first being the Kolkata Metro.
- Develop strategies for sustainable connectivity options from perspectives of commuters and service providers
- Develop policy and strategies for Asset Management by BMRCL
- Analyze existing fare structures and develop strategies for integration of fare structure of public transport systems in Bangalore
- Conduct high quality research to inform planning and project development through best practices for optimizing connectivity and passenger experience
- Design and manage projects from the preparatory phase to the on-ground implementation to delivery, with adherence to timelines and attention to quality of
- Liaise with other departments within BMRCL and with DULT, BMTC and other public agencies and government bodies at the city level
- Prepare technical articles, policy analysis notes, research reports, presentations, other knowledge products and documentation material
Common to both Posts
I. Application Process:
Eligible candidates should fill in the application on-line within 5.00 PM on 12.04.2019, take a print out of the same and send along with relevant documents in support of qualification and experience. The applications should be addressed to
Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited,
III Floor, BMTC Complex,
super-scribing the envelope as “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF …………………………………………………”. The candidates who fail to send hard copy of the on-line application along with relevant documents will not be considered even though they have submitted application on-line.
Last Date for Receipt of Application:
The last date for receipt of signed print of the application with supporting documents is 5.00 PM of 15.04.2019.
- The experience is post qualification and the minimum required. Mere possession of minimum experience does not confer any right to be called or interview /
- Any canvassing by or on behalf of the candidates or to bring political or other outside influence with regard to selection/appointment shall be a disqualification.
- The application of any candidate found guilty of impersonation or submitting fabricated documents or making statements, which are false or incorrect or
indulging in suppression of facts, attempting to use unfair means for the purpose of recruitment will be liable for rejection.
- Selection will be through interview by a Committee constituted by the Competent Authority.
- Candidates who have been shortlisted will only be called for interview.
- The candidates shall have to appear for interview as and when called, at their own cost. They should bring the originals of the documents their qualification and
experience at the time of the interview.
- Self-attested Documents in support of qualification and relevant experience shall be sent along with the application. Non-submission of documents along with the 6 application will lead to rejection of application at any stage during the process of recruitment.
- The number of vacancies indicated in this Notification is provisional and may increase or decrease depending upon the actual need. BMRCL also reserves
the right to cancel the notified vacancies at its discretion and such decision will be final and binding on all.
- BMRCL reserves the right to assess fitness or other wise of the candidates selected.
- BMRCL shall not be liable for any damage /injury / loss to the individual, if any, sustained during the entire recruitment process and journey.
Find below all the relevant links related to this employment news / notification.
click above to download
the employment notification