Table of Contents
Last Date to apply to Chennai Metro Rail Limited :21 Nov,2019
EMPLOYMENT NOTICE No.CMRL/HR/06/2019
Chennai Metro Rail Limited (CMRL)
Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Chennai Metro Rail Limited entrusted with the implementation of Chennai Metro Rail Project requires efficient, experienced and competent person for the under mentioned post on contract. The engagement on contract will not entail anyone to claim for any regular employment in CMRL.
Name of the post – Manager
No of post – 01
Pay Scale – Rs.50,000/- to Rs.90,000/
- Only Indian Nationals need apply.
- Age, Qualification & experience stipulated above should be as on 23-10-2019. The candidates are advised to ensure before applying that they fulfill the eligibility criteria and other requirements
mentioned and that the particulars furnished by them are correct in all aspects. In case, if it is detected at any stage of recruitment process that the candidate does not fulfill the eligibility criteria and / or does not comply with other requirements of this advertisement and / or the candidate has furnished any incorrect or false information or has suppressed any material fact, the candidature is liable to be rejected. If any of the above short comings is / are detected even after appointment, the services will be terminated without any notice.
- The contract period is initially for a period of 2 years and the same will be extended only if requirement exists on mutually agreed terms subject to the performance of the candidate. The engagement on contract will not entail anyone to claim for any regular employment in CMRL.
- In order to regulate the number of candidates to be called for interview, if so required, the Management reserves the right to raise the minimum eligibility standards/criteria, or to relax the minimum eligibility standards/criteria including age limit depending upon the response to the advertised post.
- Merely meeting the above qualifications and experience shall not entitle a candidate to be selected for interview. Only short-listed candidates will be notified for interview. CMRL reserves the right to
shortlist the candidates. Acceptance or rejection of application of the candidates will be at the sole discretion of Management.
- Depending on the requirements, the CMRL reserves the right to cancel / curtail / increase the number of vacancies without any further notice and without assigning any reason thereof.
- No TA/DA will be paid by CMRL to the candidates for attending the interview.
- CMRL reserves the right to withdraw advertised posts at any time without assigning any reason and also reserves the right to fill (either in the same position or downgraded position) or not to fill the posts and its decision in this regard shall be final.
- Persons already working in Government / PSU organization should produce NOC at the time of interview.
- Incomplete application or without relevant supporting enclosures (self-attested copies of degree/mark sheet/experience certificate) will be out rightly rejected.
- Candidates attempting to influence or interfere with the selection process will be rejected summarily and be declared disqualified for future CMRL recruitments.
How To Apply:
- Applications must be in response to our advertisement quoting Employment Notification No. and Post on the application form.
- Applications should be submitted strictly as per the prescribed format.
- Name of the post applied for, should be superscribed on the envelope containing the application.
- Prescribed applications must be forwarded to CMRL through Post/Courier Service only. Applications forwarded through any other means including by Fax or e-mail will not be entertained.
- Candidates who fulfill the above requirement may apply in hardcopy along with duly filled in application form (application form available in page no.5 to 7) and prescribed application fee (DD)
supported by Bio-Data and one set of self-attested copies of certificate of educational qualifications,age, experience, community and latest passport size photograph to the following address on or before 21-11-2019.
- CMRL will not be responsible for any delay / loss in postal transit of any application or DD or communication.
- Candidates shall compulsorily provide an email ID for correspondence. All correspondence from CMRL shall be sent only through the email ID provided by the candidate.
- Telephonic queries will be attended on all working days between 10:00 a.m to 6.00 p.m.
- The Chennai Metro is a rapid transit system serving the city of Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. The system commenced service in 2015 after partially opening the first phase of the project. The network consists of two colour-coded lines covering a length of 45.1 kilometres (28.0 mi).It is the third largest metro system in India after Delhi Metro and Hyderabad Metro. The Chennai Metro Rail Limited (CMRL), a joint venture between Government of India and the Government of Tamil Nadu built and operates the Chennai Metro. The system has a mix of underground and elevated stations and uses standard gauge. The services operate daily between 4:30 and 23:00 with a varying frequency of 5 to 14 minutes.As of November 2019, about 121,000 people use the service on a daily basis.There are 42 trains with four coaches each, making a total of 168 coaches, operating in the first phase.
- The system has also planned to takeover the existing Chennai Mass Rapid Transit System by 2021,which would be upgraded to operate using the rolling stock of the Chennai Metro.CMRL was recognised by the International Association of Public Transport in 2011.
- Construction of the first stretch began in June 2009, which spanned the seven stations Koyambedu to Alandur over a distance of 10 kilometres (6.2 mi) and began operation on 29 June 2015. As of February 2019, Chennai Central to St. Thomas Mount on the Green line and Washermanpet to Chennai International Airport on Blue line are commercially operational which brings the total operational network to 45.1 km (28.0 mi) making it the third largest metro system in India, after the Delhi metro (347.6 km (216.0 mi)) and Hyderabad metro (56.5 km (35.1 mi)).
- Chennai had an established Chennai Suburban Railway network that spanned from Beach to Tambaram, which dates back to 1931 and operated on a metre-gauge line.This service is now being continued after conversion to broad gauge line.The suburban network also consists of two more suburban lines, the west bound Chennai Central–Arakkonam suburban service and the North Line, Chennai Suburban connecting Chennai Central–Gummidipoondi service which began operations in 1985 from the Moore Market Complex. The two above-mentioned lines were being operated from the main platforms of Chennai Central station until 1985 after which they were shifted to the adjacent Moore Market Complex. The first phase of Chennai Mass Rapid Transit System between Chennai Beach and Thirumayilai opened in 1997 with extension to Velachery in 2007.Modeled after the Delhi Metro, a similar modern metro rail system was planned for Chennai by Delhi Metro chief E Sreedharan, at the request of Government of Tamil Nadu.
click above to download
the employment notification