01/2016 (NWR/ Sports/Open Advt.)
North Western Railway
Railway Recruitment Cell,
Power House Road, Jaipur-302006
Recruitment of sports persons against Sports Quota (OpenAdvertisement) on North Western Railway for the year 2016-17
Applications are invited from eligible sports persons in following sports disciplines for Group ‘C’ posts on North Western Railway
Closing Date and Time for residents of Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Jammu & Kashmir, Lahaul & Spiti Districts and Pangi sub-division of Chamba district of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman & Nicobar and Lakshadweep Islands and candidates residing abroad will be Date: 06.09.2016 at 17.00 Hrs.
Name of the Posts: Group C(Sports Persons)
No of Posts: 21
Pay Scale: 5200 – 20200 (05 Vacancies in GP t 2,800/2,400 & 16 Vacancies in GP 7 2,000/1,900)
Name of Games:
- Cross Country
- Power lifting
No post is reserved for SC, ST and OBC. However the candidates claiming to belong to SC/ST/OBC communities are required to enclose photocopy of Self Attested Caste Certificate issued by Competent Authority
- Represented the Country in the World Cup (Junior/ Senior), World Championships (Junior/Senior), Asian Games (Senior) & Commonwealth Games (Senior)
- Represented the country and obtained at least 3rd position in the Commonwealth Championship (Junior/Senior)/ Asian Championship/Asia Cup (Junior/Senior)/South Asian Federation (SAF) Games (Senior), USIC (World Railways) Championships (Senior category)
- Represented a State or equivalent unit and obtained at least 3rd Position in Senior/Youth/Junior National Championships
- Represented a State and obtained at least 3″I position in National Games organized under aegis of Indian Olympic Association
- Represented a University and obtained at least 3rd position in All India Inter University Championship organized under the aegis of Association of Indian Universities
- Obtained 1St position in Federation Cup Championships (senior category).
- Candidate applying for more than one game/event shall submit separate applications with separate DD/IPO as fee and documents for each event.
- Those Candidates who are already in service of PSU/Government Organisation must apply through proper channel and should attach “No Objection Certificate” for the same from their employer.
- Candidates should be in readiness to appear for the Trials etc. at short notice after the last date for submission is over.
- Candidate’s admission at all stages of the recruitment will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. Mere issue of call letters to the candidate will not imply that his candidature has been finally cleared.
- Sports persons recommended for appointment will have to pass medical test prescribed for the post to which they have been recommended.
- The decision of Railway Administration/Selection Committee in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of application, final selection, offer of appointment, suitability to North Western Railway/Indian Railway and assigning of Post & Grade Pay etc. will be final and binding on the candidates and no inquiry or correspondence will be entertained in this connection.
- Candidates should submit their application form in good quality A/4 size paper in prescribed format as Annexure-I given in notification duly completed in all respect with self attested photo copies of necessary enclosures (certificate of age, education, sports achievements, caste/community etc.)
- Application should be filled up by candidates in their own hand writing either in Hindi or in English language.
- Sportspersons having sports norms for higher grade pay and applied against the vacancies for the lower grade pay, can be considered. However, he/she will not claim for higher grade pay after joining the railways on the basis of sports achievements prior to joining Railways.
- Selected candidates will have to submit “Service Bond” of 5 years at the time of appointment.
- Sportsperson recruited against sports quota shall be terminated from service, if the information and documents furnished by him/her for recruitment, are found incorrect/fake at any stage; observing requisite procedure for such termination.
How to Apply:
Interested Candidates may apply in prescribed application form along with photocopies of relevant documents send to The Senior Personnel Officer(RP), Railway Recruitment Cell, North Western Railway, Power House Road, Opposite DRM office, Jaipur-302006
click above to download