Notice No. SER/P-HQ/PERS/Act Apprentices/2017-18
South Eastern Railway
Office of the Chief Personnel Officer
Garden Reach, Kolkata-700043
Online applications are invited from eligible candidates who are Indian nationals for engagement/ training as Act Apprentices under the Apprentices Act 1961 and Apprenticeship Rules 1992, as amended from time to time, in Workshops and other establishments of South Eastern Railway. Applications must be submitted online and no other mode of submission of the same would be entertained.
South Eastern Railway Job Details:
1.Post Name: Act Apprentice
Pay Scale: Not Specified
No. of Vacancy: 1785 Posts
Educational Qualification: Candidates Must have Passed 10th Class examination under 10+2 system of Education or its equivalent or ITI Course in relevant trades from a recognized institutes.
Candidates are required to upload their good quality and contrast colour photograph, not more than 3 months old, at the space provided in the online Application Form. The scanned photo should be in the JPG/JPEG format and within the specified file size as mentioned in the Application Form. The photograph should be clear, without cap or sunglasses and should have defined edges. The candidates should also keep 3-4 copies of the same photograph for future purposes.
- The candidates should have completed 15 years of age and should not have completed 24 years of age as on 01.01.2018. The age as recorded in the Matriculation certificate, or the Birth certificate shall be reckoned for the purpose only.
- Upper age limit is relaxable by 05 years in case of SC/ST candidates, 3 years in case of OBC candidates and 10 years for Physically Handicapped candidates.
- Upper age limit is relaxable by additional 10 years for ex-serviceman upto the extent of service rendered in Defence Forces plus 03 years provided they have put in a minimum of 06 months service at a stretch, except Ex-servicemen who have already joined the Govt. Service on Civil side after availing of the Ex-servicemen status for the purpose of their engagement.
How to Apply: Interested candidates may apply Online through the website http://www.ser.indianrailways.gov.in on or before 04.12.2017 to 02.01.2018.
- In the event of the OBC vacancies notified above remaining unfilled, the same shall be filled up from among the UR candidates. The unfilled SC vacancies, if any, shall be filled up by the ST candidates, if available and vice-versa. And if such arrangement is not being possible, the unfilled reserved vacancies shall be filled up from the UR candidates (Rule 5 of the Apprenticeship Rules,1992).
- The earmarking for PWD and ESM have been calculated @ 3% of the total slots in the given establishment. The quota vacancies in the said categories are included in the overall vacancies and hence are not to be filled up outside the notified vacancies.
- The candidates selected against ESM and PWD will be placed in the appropriate categories viz. UR/SC/ST/OBC to which they belong to. Unfilled ESM vacancies would be made good from other candidates.
Important Dates to Remember:
Starting Date for Submission of Online Application: 04.12.2017
Last Date for Submission of Online Application: 02.01.2018
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form