Table of Contents
Walk-in Interview at Chennai Metro Rail Limited: 08th December, 2018
EMPLOYMENT NOTICE No.CMRL/HR/10/2018
CHENNAI METRO RAIL LIMITED
Admin Building, CMRL Depot, Poonamallee High Road,
Chennai Metro Rail Limited entrusted with the implementation of Chennai Metro Rail Project requires efficient and Competent persons for the under mentioned posts on contract. The engagement on contract will not entail anyone to claim for any regular employment in CMRL.
1.Nam of the post- Architectural Expert
No of post- 02
2.Nam of the post- Manager (Civil UG)
No of post- 01
3.Nam of the post- Assistant Chief Controller
No of post- 03
- Only Indian Nationals need apply.
- Age, Qualification and experience stipulated above should be as on 21-11-2018. The candidates are advised to ensure before appearing for the walk-in-interview that they fulfill the eligibility criteria and other requirements mentioned and that the particulars furnished by them are correct in all aspects. In case, if it is detected at any
stage of recruitment process that the candidate does not fulfill the eligibility criteria and / or does not comply with other requirements of this advertisement and / or the candidate has furnished any incorrect or false information or has suppressed any material fact, the candidature is liable to be rejected. If any of the above short comings is / are detected even after appointment, the services will be terminated without any notice.
- The contract will be extended only if requirement exists on mutually agreed terms subject to the performance of the candidate.
- In order to regulate the number of candidates to appear for the walk-in-interview, if so required, the Management reserves the right to raise the minimum eligibility standards/criteria, or to relax the minimum eligibility standards/criteria including age limit depending upon the response to the advertised posts and experience /merit of the candidates available for the walk-in-interview.
- Merely meeting the above qualifications and experience shall not entitle a candidate to be selected for interview.
- Depending on the requirements, the CMRL reserves the right to cancel / curtail / increase the number of vacancies without any further notice and without assigning any reason thereof.
- No TA/DA will be paid by CMRL to the candidates for attending the interview.
- No application fee is to be paid by the candidate.
- The selection committee may recommend higher remuneration in case of candidate possessing higher qualification, experience and credentiality /expertise in the relevant field.
- CMRL reserves the right to withdraw advertised posts at any time without assigning any reason and also reserves the right to fill (either in the same position or downgraded position) or not to fill the posts and its decision in this regard shall be final.
About Chennai Metro
The Chennai Metro is a rapid transit system serving the city of Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. The system commenced service in 2015 after partially opening the first phase of the project. The network consists of two colour-coded lines covering a length of 35 kilometres (22 mi). The Chennai Metro Rail Limited (CMRL), a joint venture between Government of India and the Government of Tamil Nadu built and operates the Chennai Metro. The system has a mix of underground and elevated stations and uses standard gauge. The services operate daily between 06:00 and 22:00 with a varying frequency of 10 to 20 minutes. The system has also planned to takeover the existing Chennai Mass Rapid Transit System by 2021, which would be upgraded to operate using the rolling stock of the Chennai Metro. CMRL was recognised by the International Association of Public Transport in 2011. Construction began in June 2009 and the first stretch, covering seven stations from Koyambedu to Alandur over a distance of 10 kilometres (6.2 mi), began operation on 29 June 2015. As of May 2018, Chennai Central to St. Thomas Mount on the Green line and AG-DMS to Chennai International Airport on Blue line are commercially operational which brings the total operational network over 35 km (22 mi).
Concessions & Relaxations
- The maximum age limit prescribed for the appointment does not apply to a candidate belonging to a Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyars) or Scheduled Tribe or to any of the Most Backward Classes/ Denotified Communities or Backward Classes (other than Muslim) or Backward Class (Muslim).
- The age limit prescribed shall be increased by five years in respect of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes or Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyars) or Scheduled Tribes and two years in respect of candidates belonging to Most Backward Classes/ Denotified Communities, Backward Classes (other than Muslim) or Backward Classes (Muslim).
- Notwithstanding anything contained in these rules or in the special rules for the various State and Subordinate Services, a Differently Abled Person shall be eligible for an age concession upto ten years over and above the age limits prescribed for the appointment to post by direct recruitment only, provided the applicant is otherwise fully suitable and the disability is not such as would render his incapable of efficiently discharging the duties of the post for which the candidate is selected.
The selection methodology comprises two-stage process, interview followed by Medical examination. The selection process would judge different facets of knowledge, skills, comprehension, aptitude and physical fitness.
Find below all the relevant links related to this employment news / notification.
click above to download
the employment notification