Table of Contents
Last Date: 25th October, 2018
RailTel Corporation of India Ltd.
RailTel Corporation of India Ltd. (A Govt. of India Undertaking) – Mini Ratna , Public Sector Company, is one of the largest neutral telecom infrastructure providers in the country owning a Pan-India Optic Fibre Network on exclusive Right of Way (ROW) along Railway track. RailTel with strong nationwide presence is committed to bring cutting edge technology and offer innovative services to the Indian Telecom market. With its Pan India high capacity network, RailTel is working towards creating a knowledge society at various fronts.
RCIL with its presence across the country provides you a wonderful opportunity for apprenticeship training as per the Apprentice Act, 1961 (as amended in 1973 and till date) to enhance your skill.
Applications are invited from eligible Indian nationals, who meet the eligibility criteria(s) for engagement apprenticeship training under the Apprentices Act 1961 (as amended in 1973 and till date) referred herein after as ” Act” at RCIL in the following States/Locations:-
1.Name of the post- Graduate Engineers
No of post- 10
Pay Scale- 12,000/-
2.Name of the post- Technician
No of post- 05
Pay Scale- 10,000/-
Educational Qualification:- Full time Regular Four Years Graduation in Engineering / Technology / Full Time Regular Three Years Diploma in Engineering / Technology (from Colleges approved by AICTE) with aggregate 60% marks in stream / branch of Electronics & Telecommunication; or Telecommunication; or Computer Science & Engineering or Information Technology or Electrical Engineering or Electronics Engineering or any other combination of Engineering branches where Electronics is one of the main branches, like Electronics & Instrumentation OR Passed Sections A and B of Institution Examinations of the Institute of Engineering (India) in above-mentioned relevant branches of engineering OR Passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (India) in above mentioned relevant branches of engineering.
- The last date for receipt of application is 25th October 2018.
- Central reservations for SC, ST and OBC as applicable will be followed. However, in case of non-availability of candidates in reserved categories it will be filled from other reserved categories / general categories.
- Apprentice Engagement will be strictly for a period of one year in various locations of Kolkata, Secunderabad/ Hyderabad and its territories, Delhi, Mumbai or any other location on Pan India Basis.
- Numbers / locations shown are only indicative and may undergo change without any further notification
- The eligible candidates are required to apply online through portal www.mbrdnats.gov.in and no other modes will be entertained in whatsoever condition it may be.
- Merely Meeting eligibility criteria does not assure engagement.
About The Company:
RailTel Corporation of India Ltd. is a “Miniratna” (public sector) enterprise of Government of India focusing on providing broadband and VPN services. RailTel was formed in September 2000 with the objective of creating nationwide broadband, telecom and multimedia network, to modernise train control operation and safety system of Indian Railways. RailTel’s network passes through around 5,000 stations across the country, covering all major commercial centres. The Indian Railways (IR) was initially solely dependent on the Department of Telecom (now BSNL) for their control and administrative communication circuits. To increase circuit efficiency, the Railways began building up its own communication systems from early 1970s based on overhead telephone lines, quad cables and microwave signalling. In 1983, the Railway Reforms Committee decided to introduce optical fibre cable (OFC) based communications in IR to provide safety, reliability, availability and serviceability through use of a dedicated network. The decision was also taken to create a network independent of the DoT and replace the existing microwave telecom systems (60% of which had reached end of life) with OFC. Indian Railways commissioned the first OFC on the Churchgate–Virar line in Mumbai in 1988 for train operation and control purpose, which consisted of 60 km of network across 28 stations. The network was expanded in Central India with the commissioning of 900 km of OFC network in 1991–92 across Durg–Nagpur, Nagpur–Itarsi and Itarsi–Bhusaval sections of the Howrah–Nagpur–Mumbai line, and in Eastern India with the commissioning of 60 km of OFC network in Tatanagar–Chakradhrapur section of the same line. The second National Telecom Policy in 1999 opened the National Long-Distance segment under favourable licensing conditions with revenue sharing to assist mobile network operators to spread their networks across India. In 2000, the Government announced the formation of a telecom corporation to build a nationwide broadband multimedia telecommunication network. RailTel was established in September 2000 as a Public Sector Undertaking (PSU), wholly owned by the Indian Railways.
How to Apply:
STUDENT ENROLMENT PROCESS on wwwmthrdnats.gov.in FOR THE PASSOUTS HAVING PROVISIONAL DEGREE OR CONSOLIDATED MARK CARD HAVING PASS STATUS WITH FINAL PERCENTAGE AWARDED Before proceeding to enrolment process the students shall have the following documents and information:
- Aadhaar Card: Format: PDF, Size: Less than lmb.
- Qualifying Degree / Provisional Degree Certificate clear-cut indication of passing status with division and percentage (Internet copy not allowed): Format: PDF, Size: Less than I mb.
- Passport size photograph : JPEG , Size : Less than 200kb (4.5 * 3.5).
- Bank (Accounts) Details (Will be required to furnish)
- Valid Personal Email ID
- Mobile number (will be required to send / verify OTP)
Find below all the relevant links related to this employment news / notification.
click above to download
the employment notification