Table of Contents
Last Date to apply to Chittaranjan Locomotive Works:16 Dec,2019
Employment Notice No.GMA/E- VII/Rectt./Sport Quota (O.A.)2019-20
Chittaranjan Locomotive Works
Applications in prescribed format are invited from Eligible Candidates for the recruitment to 10 positions of Sports Quota by Chittaranjan Locomotive Works.Application should be sent to the given address latest by 16-12-2019 .The applications received without legible copies of documents or apparently containing incomplete information & those received after prescribed date will be summarily rejected.
Name of the post – Sports Quota
No of post – 10
Pay Scale – As per norms
12th with related National/ Inter National sports competition certificate.
- Applications not fulfilling any of the terms and conditions given in this notification shall be rejected.
- Applicant should possess requisite educational qualification and sports achievements on the date of submission of application.
- Discrepancies in the application submitted would render the candidate ineligible at any time during the selection.
- Eligible applicants will be issued with call letters through Website, Email & mobile number provided within 15 days from the date of closing. Candidate should report with the call letter.
- SC/ST candidates will be eligible for free rail travel in second class for attending Sports Trial/Interview.
- Selected candidates have to pass the requisite medical fitness standard prior to appointment.
- In the event of appointment as Clerk-cum-Typist posts in Group-C,candidates will be required to acquire typing proficiency of 30 w.p.m in English or 25 w.p.m in Hindi w ithin a period of four years from th e date of appointment, and till such time appointment will be provisional.
- Decision of CLW Administration in all matters relating to this recruitment shall be final.
- Applicants are advised to check the list of names, whose applications get rejected, which will be published on CLW Railway website address www.clw.indianrailways.gov.in No other intimation of rejection would be communicated to such candidates.
- The recruitment process is based purely on the merit of the candidates. Canvassing in any form will attract disqualification.
- Candidates may download recruitment notification and application form available on CLW website address www.clw.indianrailwaJ'.s.gov.in
- CLW, Chittaranjan reserves the right to cancel or modify recruttment process at any time wtthout assigning reasons thereof.
- The date. time and venue of the trial will be fiXed by the Railway Administration and will be intimated to the eligible candidates in due course in the CLW website. The CLW administration is not responsible for late receipVnon· receipt of intimation by the candidate in regards to the date of trial, date of document verification. etc. Therefore, the candidates are advised to visit regularly the CLW website to know the date of trial, date of document verification.etc. Request for postponement of the examination and change of center/venue will not be entertained under any circumstances. Selected candidates should report for the trial on the date mentioned in CLW webstte positively. even if the caD letter is not received.
- Selection will be based upon performance in sports Trial and Interview & Certificate produced in support of Educational qualification and sports achievements and finalized by a nominated selection committee. The venue & date for Trials and Interview/Certificate Verification will be intimated to the eligible candidates.
- Candidates should send their applications by post to the address mentioned below. Candidates can drop their applications directly in Drop Box placed at Dy. G.M.'s Office/CLW, in the office premises, during the office hours.
Principal Chief Personnel Officer,
P.O.- Chittaranjan, Distt.- Paschim Burdwan,
How To Apply:
- Fill up the application in the prescribed format at Annexure-A on good quality A-4 size white paper after carefully reading the employment notice.
- All columns of application should be filled up by the candidate in his/her own handwriting in English/Hindi using blue/black ball point pen.
- Applicant should write in his/her own handwriting, the sample declaration statement in the space provided in the application form. Applications without the written declaration will be rejected.
- Applicant should Paste one recent passport size colour photograph (not earlier than three months) on the space provided in the application form.
- Applicant should enclose with the application a set of legible Xerox copies (self-attested) of all certificates,in proof of Sports A chievements, Educational Qualification, Age, SC/ST/OBC etc.
- Candidates should enclose the application fee mentioned above without fail as explained at Para-5 above. Applications without application fee will be rejected.
- Candidate should clearly indicate the specific category No., Sports Discipline, and Event/Position as given in Para-1 .1 above.
- Candidates should send their applications so as to reach at the address mentioned against the category at Para-7 on or before the closing date and time. Railway Administration shall not be responsible for any postal delay. Late applications would be summarily rejected.
- Serving Government Employees should send their applications through proper channel only i.e. through their office.
- Chittaranjan Locomotive Works is a Government electric locomotive manufacturer based in India. It is located at Chittaranjan near Asansol (District- Bardhaman West, State - West Bengal) with an ancillary unit in Dankuni. It is the largest locomotive production unit in the world with a record of 402 locomotives produced in a year .Almost all electric locomotives running on Indian Railways are manufactured at CLW.
- Founded in 1950, the Indian Railways production unit is named after the Indian freedom-fighter Chittaranjan Das. The manufacturing unit was established at a place close to the Chittaranjan railway station.
- The 18.34 km2 (4,530 acres) township, which included the factory, 191 km (119 mi) of roadways, 43 schools, 9131 staff quarters, 8 clinics (including a 190-bed hospital) and 7 markets, was built at a cost of 140 million (US$2.0 million) and had a population of over 80,000.
- The factory commenced the production of steam locomotives on 26 January, 1950 (the date when India formally declared itself a Republic), in collaboration with the North British Locomotive Company. On 1 November, 1950, Indian President Dr. Rajendra Prasad formally dedicated the first steam rail-engine produced by the company (a WG class locomotive bearing the registration number 8401) to the freedom fighter Deshbandhu Chittranjan Das. The name of the nearby railway station Mihijam was also changed to Chittaranjan. Many of the specialized machinery required for steam locomotive manufacture was obtained from the Vulcan Foundry in England, previously a major supplier of locomotives to India, which at this time was moving from building steam locomotives to diesel.
- In the post-1968s, the factory began to manufacture diesel-hydraulic locomotives. The production of steam and diesel locomotives were discontinued in 1972 and 1993 respectively. The company has since been manufacturing only electric rail-engines. It is now the only government electric loco producing factory in India.
- The factory obtains its iron & steel from different steel plants of SAIL, RINL & MDN,and sometimes from private steel plants like TATA , Jamshespur or JINDAL STEEL etc. and hydel power from PGCIL and DVC (Maithan dam). The township under CLW is bordered by high boundaries and 3 main gates, and guarded by Railway Protection Force (RPF), Railway Protection Special Force (RPSF) and also West Bengal police.
- The planners of the nation with their prudence planned to set up a loco building factory in the eastern part of the country. In the late 1930s, a committee consisting of M/s Humphries and Shrinivasan was constituted to consider the possibility of establishing a locomotive manufacture unit and its economic facilities. The initial project at Chandmari, a place east to Kalyani in the state of West Bengal, could not mature due to partition, which inevitably necessitated a change of site. This present site at Chittaranjan was chosen after a fresh survey and for this the approval of Railway board was obtained in 1947.Chittaranjan Locomotive Works (CLW) started producing locomotives from the year 1950, the same year the township was formally established.Starting with steam engines, CLW now produces state-of-the-arts Electrical engines capable of running at 160 km/h and upgradable up to 200 km/h.
click above to download
the employment notification