Table of Contents
Last Date to apply to Rail Wheel Factory: 21st December, 2018
Rail Wheel Factory
It is proposed to reengage retired railway employees in Clerical categories in the following Seniority units of RAIL WHEEL FACTORY, Yelahanka, Bangalore-560064, in terms of instructions contained in Railway Board’s letter No. E(NG)II/2007/RC-4/CORE/1 dated 16.10.2017 and 12.12.2017.
1.Name of the post- General Seniority
No of post- 10
2.Name of the post- Stores
No of post- 03
3.Name of the post- Personnel
No of post- 03
- Age Limit: Up to 65 years of age
- Validity of the scheme: Up to 01.12.2019
- Only the employees retired in clerical categories in various grades are eligible to apply. First preference will be given to the employees, who have retired from Rail Wheel Factory.
- Staff retired as Chief Office Superintendents and Office superintendents will be designated as Senior Technical Associates and retired Senior Clerks and Junior Clerks will be designated as Junior Technical Associates, Respectively, on their re-engagement.
- The re-engagement shall be strictly upto 01.12.2019 or upto the age of 65 years or till filing up the posts through other modes, which ever is earlier.
- The Administration reserves the right to terminate the services of the re-engaged retired Railway Employees at any time, in cast their work or conduct is found to be unsatisfactory or even in administrative exigencies. The decision of RWF Administration in this regard shall be final.
- The employees who were Removed/Dismissed/Compulsory Retired as a result of disciplinary action from under Age review are not eligible for re-engagement.
- Monthly remuneration of a retired employee being re-engaged will be determined by reducing pension from his/her last pay drawn. (i.e, Basic Pay +D.A)
- The re-engaged retired Railway employee will not be eligible for any kind of leave like CL, LAP, LHAP etc. For absence, if any, appropriate deduction will be made from the monthly remuneration.
- The retired employee shall execute an agreement to abide by all the terms and conditions of the re-engagement.
- Re-engagement of retired employees shall be subject to prescribed medical fitness for the category in which they are re-engaged.
- Suitability/ Competency of the applicant will be adjudged by a committee of Officers before their re-engagement and only those candidates found suitable will be considered for re-engagement.
- The duty hours of the re-engaged retired employees, would be as prescribed by this administration from time to time.
- The Re-engaged retired employees shall be discharged immediately on joining of selected candidates from RRBs.
About Rail Wheel Factory
Rail Wheel Factory (RWF) (also known as Wheel and Axle Plant) is a manufacturing unit of Indian Railways, producing wheels, axles and wheel sets of railroad wagons, coaches and locomotives for the use of Indian Railways and overseas customers is situated at Yelahanka, Bangalore in the Indian state of Karnataka. The unit was started by C. K. Jaffer Sharief, the then Railway Minister, who got this project to Bangalore. It was commissioned in 1984 to manufacture wheels and axles for the Indian Railways. This factory uses cast steel technology in the manufacturing of wheels which utilizes scrap steel collected from Railways’ own workshops as raw material. The products (Wheels, Axles and wheel sets) are engineered with little scrap for human errors. It has a planned capacity to manufacture of about 70,000 wheels of different sizes, 23,000 axles and to assemble 23,000 wheel sets. It employs over 2000 personnel and has an annual turnover of about 82 crores. It is an ISO 9001:2000 and ISO 14001 certified unit for its business processes. It was the first unit of Indian Railways to receive ISO 9001:2008 accreditation.
HOW TO APPLY
- Applications should be submitted only in the prescribed format as per Annexure. It shall be filled in A-4 size paper.
- The application format is also available for download in the RWF website www.rwf.indianrailways.gov.in
- One passport size photograph should be pasted on the application form at the space specified.
- Self-attested photocopies of the following documents should be enclosed:-
(i) Service Certificate
(ii) Pensioner Identity Card
(iii) Pension Payment Order (PPO)
The applicants should bring all the original certificate when they are called to appear for assessment of suitability/competency.
The application should be sent along with the above enclosures, duly self attested. On top of the envelope “Application for Re-engagement of Retired Railway Employees-Clerical” should be written in Block letters and write the post for which applied. It should be addressed to the
THE SENIOR PERSONNEL OFFICER-II
RAIL WHEEL FACTORY
and sent by Registered post ony so as to reach this office on or before the last date of receipt of applications or in the drop box kept in this office (Personnel Department, 2nd Floor in Administrative Building, Contact Number: 080-28072604.
General Instructions to Retired Railway Employees
- The final decision in the matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of the application, mode of selection, etc rests with this administration.
- RWF Administration reserves the right to alter the stages of re-engagement process or cancel part or whole of the entire process at any stage withot assigning any reason.
- Incomplete applications, applications that are not in the prescribed Preforms and applications without requisite enclosures will be summarily rejected and no correspondence will be entertained.
Find below all the relevant links related to this employment news / notification.
click above to download
the employment notification