Table of Contents
Last Date to apply to Railtel Corporation of India Limited: 31st December, 2018
Vacancy Notice No. RCIL/2014/P&A/14/1(Part-III)(i)
RAILTEL CORPORATION OF INDIA LIMITED
Corporate Office: Plot no. 143
RailTel Corporation of India Limited is a Mini-Ratna (Category-I) Public Sector Undertaking under Government of India. It is the largest Neutral Telecom Infrastructure provider of India with a strong footprint in diverse fields of OFC based SDH and IP networks, Tower Co location, Retail Broadband (RailWire), Data Centre, Telepresence and many more. With a huge network of Optic Fiber Cable spread across the length and breadth of the country.
We are looking for dynamic professionals on contract basis in following positions, for which applications are invited from Indian citizens:
1.Name of the post- NOC Manager
No of post- 1
2.Name of the post- District Manager
No of post- 5
3.Name of the post- Customer Relationship Manager
No of post- 5
4.Name of the post- HR & Administration Executive/ Data CEnter Admin Coordinator
No of post- 1
5.Name of the post- District Technicians
No of post- 8
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS & OTHER ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- The applicant should satisfy eligibility criteria regarding educational/professional qualifications, length of experience, Job Description/Key Responsibilities, Skills/Key Experience required etc. as given in Annexure-I.
- Notes: i) All the above-mentioned mandatory educational/professional qualifications should be obtained from a recognized university/deemed university/autonomous institutes incorporated by an Act of Parliament or State Legislature in India or UGC Act or from Government approved/recognized institutions.
About RailTel Corporation of India
RailTel Corporation of India Ltd. is a “Miniratna” (public sector) enterprise of Government of India focusing on providing broadband and VPN services. RailTel was formed in September 2000 with the objective of creating nationwide broadband, telecom and multimedia network, to modernise train control operation and safety system of Indian Railways. RailTel’s network passes through around 5,000 stations across the country, covering all major commercial centres. The Indian Railways (IR) was initially solely dependent on the Department of Telecom (now BSNL) for their control and administrative communication circuits. To increase circuit efficiency, the Railways began building up its own communication systems from early 1970s based on overhead telephone lines, quad cables and microwave signalling. In 1983, the Railway Reforms Committee decided to introduce optical fibre cable (OFC) based communications in IR to provide safety, reliability, availability and serviceability through use of a dedicated network. The decision was also taken to create a network independent of the DoT and replace the existing microwave telecom systems (60% of which had reached end of life) with OFC.
- Issue of Admit Card for written examination/call letters for interview:- Admit Card/Call Letters for interview shall be sent through e-mail only. However, the candidates should not wait for e-mail and they should keep checking RailTel website for keeping them abreast of the development involving recruitment process.
- Candidates currently serving in Govt/Quasi Govt. offices/Public Sector Undertakings on regular basis are required to seek prior permission from their employers to apply for any of the notified vacancies and shall have to submit “No Object Certificate” from their employer at the time of interview, failing which they shall not been allowed to appear in interviews and their candidatures shall be treated as cancelled.
- On final selection for contractual appointment in RailTel Corporation, such a candidate, who has been working in Govt/PSU/private entity in any capacity, should produce the document conveying the acceptance of his resignation from service of his last employer. In the absence of such document, he shall not be allowed to join RailTel service.
- The Admit Cards/Call Letters for written test and/or interview issued to the candidates shall be provisional. However, in case any ineligible candidate had been issued admit card and had appeared in the written examination or even called for the interview or allowed to join the RailTel, his/her candidature will automatically be treated as cancelled at any state of this recruitment/contractual service in RailTel on grounds of his ineligibility. Therefore, before submitting the application, the candidate must ensure that he/she fulfills all the eligibility criteria as laid down in this vacancy notice. His/her candidature will be purely provisional subject to eligibility and other verifications before or after his/her contractual appointment in RailTel.
Verification of documents
The candidate called for written test and/or interview shall be required to produce original documents relating to educational qualifications, experience, caste certificates etc for verification and also to submit self-attested photocopies thereof at the time of interview. Such documents shall be listed in the interview call letter. If the identity of the candidate is in doubt or he is not able to produce the requisite documents or there is mismatch of information in the documents or he is found ineligible for the post applied for or any other claim made in this application if found to be incorrect, he will not be allowed to appear in the interview and hid candidature will be treated as cancelled.
Documents required at the time of interview: The candidate should note that the following documents will be required to be produced if they are called for interview. However, more documents may be provided by a candidate to establish eligibility for the post beyond any doubt. More documents may also be called by the Company at the time of interview/ joining the post. The list of such documents will be shared with the candidate.
Matriculation Certificate (for age proof).
- Certificates and Mark-sheets in support of the required educational / professional qualifications.
- Certificates and marksheets in support of higher technical/professional qualifications, if any.
- Mandatory/ desired certifications.
- Certificates in proof of experience, clearly indicating the length and field of experience. (If an experience certificate is not available in case of any previous employer, the copies of offer of appointment alongwith first and last pay-slips shall be acceptable to ascertain the length of experience under that employer).
- Caste certificate (In case applicant belongs to SC/ ST/ OBC(non-creamy layer).
- Copy of the appointment letter in support of appointment to the post in the organization in which currently working along with valid Identity card/current pay slip
issued by the company.
- Photo I.D. proof and address proof (Passport/Aadhar card/Driving License/PAN card/ Voter I. Card) issued by Central/State Govt.
- ‘No Objection Certificate’ in the candidate is working in any Govt/PSU/attached or subordinate organisation or any public body substantially funded by the govt.
- More documents may be required as will be indicated in interview call letter, if shortlisted for interview.
Find below all the relevant links related to this employment news / notification.
click above to download
the employment notification