Table of Contents
Last Date to apply to Eastern Railway Recruitment: 26th November, 2018
Employment Notice No. RRC/ER/Sports Quota Rectt./Open Market/2018-19
RECRUITMENT OF OUTSTANDING SPORTS PERSONS
AGAINST SPORTS QUOTA FOR THE YEAR 2018-19
(For candidates residing abroad and Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Jammu & Kashmir, Lahaul & Spiti districts and
Pangi Sub Division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman & Nicobar and Lakshadweep Islands: the closing date and time is 11.12.2018 at 17:00 Hrs.)
1.Name of the post- Sports (Aquatic (Waterpolo) (M), Basketball (W), Cycling (M) & Kabaddi (W).
No of post- 05
Pay Scale- Rs.(5200-20200) + GP Rs.2400 or Rs.2800)
2.Name of the post- Aquatic, Archery, Badminton & Cricket
No of post- 16
Pay Scale- Rs.(5200-20200) +GP (1900 or 2000)
Minimum Sports Norms
For Category (1) Represented the country in Olympic Games (Senior Category) OR secured at least 3rd position in World Cup (Junior/Senior Category) or World Championships (Junior/Senior Category) or Asian Games (Senior Category) or Commonwealth Games (Senior Category). For Category (2) Represented the Country in World Cup (Junior/Senior Category) or World Championships (Junior/ Senior Category) or Asian Games (Senior Category) or Commonwealth Games (Senior Category) OR at least 3rd position in Commonwealth Championships (Junior/ Senior Category) or Asian Championships/Asia Cup (Junior/Senior Category) or South Asian Federation (SAF) Games (Senior Category) OR USIC (World Railway) Championships (Senior Category) OR at least 3rd position in Senior/Youth/Junior National Championships OR at least 3rd position in National Games organized under the aegis of Indian Olympic Association OR at least 3rd position in All India Inter University Championships organized under the aegis of Association of Indian Universities OR 1st position in Federation Cup Championships (Senior Category).
NOTE: (i) All the Championships mentioned above as sports norms for recruitment should be conducted under the aegis of recognized International/National Sports
Federation and also recognized by the Railway Sports Promotion Board. (ii)Validity of Sport Certificates at period of the trial will be considered as per directives of concerned authority.
3. Educational Qualifications: Category (1) – Minimum Degree from a recognized University or its equivalent. Category (2)- Minimum 12th Class (+2 Stage) pass.
4. Age: Minimum 18 years and maximum 25 years (as on 01.01.2019).
5. Appointment will be subject to being medically fit in the appropriate category after empanelment of the candidate.
- Sports persons having sports norms for higher Grade Pay and who have applied against the vacancies for the lower Grade Pay can be considered for recruitment against the Grade Pay applied for only. In such cases the sportsperson has to give an undertaking that he/she will not claim for higher Grade Pay after joining the Railways, on the basis of sports achievement he/she has acquired prior to joining Railways.
- Eligibility will be considered based on the sports performance in the championships held on 01.04.2016 or afterwards only and the sportsperson shall be a currently active player. Forth is purpose, concluding day of the championships/ event will be taken into account. Performance in earlier championships, i.e. prior to 01.04.2016 will not be taken into consideration.
- The selection will be conducted through trial, assessment of recognised sports achievements as per norms, educational qualifications etc.
- Attested Copies of Caste Certificates (from appropriate Civil Authorities in standard proforma with Photograph} should be enclosed.
- Railway Recruitment Cell (RRC) reserves the right to consider only those candidates who have the potential to strengthen Eastern Railway’s existing teams on the basis of field trials conducted. (ii) For individual events, the performance during the field trial may preferably be equivalent or better than the 3rd place (time/distance etc.) of last All India Railway Championships.
- Examination Fees: (i) For all candidates, except those mentioned in sub-para (ii) below, ( 500 only. This Examination Fee is not refundable/transferable/adjustable under any circumstances. (ii)For candidates belonging to SC, ST, Women, Minorities and Economically Backward Classes (250 only with a provision for refunding the same to those who actually appear in the Trial. (iii) The Examination Fee is payable in Indian Postal Order (IPO Payable at GPO, Kolkata) drawn in favour of “Assistant
Personnel Officer (RRC), Eastern Railway, Kolkata”.
Railway Recruitment Cell-Eastern Railway (RRC-ER)/Kolkata is responsible to recruit eligible candidates from open market in pay band-I Rs.5200-20200/ with Grade Pay 1800/ for Eastern Railway, Metro Railway and Chittaranjan Loocomotive Works(CLW). The candidates are recruited on the basis of written examination followed by physical Efficiency Test(PET) against any particular notification issued by RRC-ER as per guidelines issued by Railway Board.
Find below all the relevant links related to this employment news / notification.
click above to download
the employment notification