Table of Contents
Last Date to apply to Southern Railway :23 Dec,2019
Employment Notice No. RRC/03/2019/SPORTS
Southern Railway is inviting applications from eligible candidates for 21 posts of Sports Quota.Interested candidates possessing required eligibility may send their applications in given format with all required documents of qualification, experience, age to the given address so that it reaches by 23-12-2019 .
Name of the post – Sports Quota
No of post – 21
Pay Scale – As per norms
12th/ Degree and related National/ Inter National sports competition certificate.
- Photostat copy of the certificates in support of age, community, educational qualification, Sports achievements, original Indian Postal Order/Demand Draft for necessary proof for claiming fee relaxation should be enclosed along with the application form.
- All the Photostat copies of the certificates shall be self-attested.
- Certificates in languages other than English or Hindi should be accompanied by an attested translation in English/Hindi.
- Serving employees and staff of quasi administrative offices of Railway Organisations "No Objection Certificates" and bonafide certificates giving the length of regular service etc., from the employer should be attached and the application should be forwarded through proper channel.
- Candidates belonging to Minority Community and Economically Backward Classes shall enclose documentary proof in support of their claim.
- The candidates applying should ensure that they fulfil all eligibility conditions at the time of submission of applications.
- Candidates should bring their "ORIGINAL CERTIFICATES" in support of date of birth, educational qualification, Sports achievements and community on the day of Trial and Interview.
- The name of the Sport/Discipline egAthletics I Boxing etc and specific event I Category (viz. Back stroke I Butterfly I 1 OOm I 55Kg etc.,) of player should be mentioned withoutfail.
- The candidates' admission at all stages of the recruitment will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility condition.
- Mere issue of call letter to the candidate will not imply that his candidature has been finally cleared.
- The candidate should be in readiness to appear for the trials at short notice after the last date of submission of application.
- The candidate shall attend the trial/interview at the date, time and venue specified by the Railway Administration.
- Any request for change of date, time and venue will not be entertained.
- The candidate will have to make their own arrangements for their travel and stay at Chennai or the place indicated for a few days, while attending trial/interview.
- Railway Administration will not be responsible for postal delay or wrong delivery, if any of correspondence, at any stage of recruitment process.
- Railway Administration reserves the right to alter the stages of recruitment or cancel part or whole of any recruitment process at any stage without assigning any reason.
- Canvassing in any form, misbehaviour, misconduct on the part of the candidate at any part of the Recruitment process is strictly prohibited and indulgence in such practice will be viewed very seriously and their candidature shall be rejected without any notice.
- It will not be possible to entertain any enquiry or correspondence while their recruitment process is going on.
- Sports person recruited against sports quota shall be terminated from service, if the information and documents furnished by him/her for recruitment are found incorrect at any stage.
- Sports persons recruited against Sports quota shall execute a " SERVICE BOND" for a period of 5 years.
- Sports persons recruited against Sports quota will undergo probation period of two years.
- The performance of the sports persons shall be reviewed before completion of the probation period.
How To Apply:
- Application in the prescribed format, complete in all respects along with all the enclosures should be sent to the following address, in a cover, duly superscribing.
- APPLICATION FOR RECRUITMENT AGAINST SPORTS QUOTA (OPEN ADVERTISEMENT) FOR THE YEAR 2019-20".
- The Assistant Personnel Officer, Railway Recruitment Cell, Southern Railway 3rd Floor, No 5, P.V.Cherian Crescent Road, Egmore, Chennai -600 008.
- Applications sent by courier will not be acknowledged. However, the agencies can drop the applications in the box kept in the office premises.
- Filled-in applications can also be directly dropped in the box kept in the office premises at the above mentioned address on or before the closing date and time.
- Decision of the Railway Administration in all matter relating to recruitment will be final and binding on the candidate.
- INVALID APPLICATIONS: Candidates must ensure that their applications are complete in all respects. Applications, which suffer from the following deficiency will be summarily rejected.
- Applications not in the prescribed format/missing columns as per Newspaper advertisements, incomplete or illegible applications.
- Applications without photograph, unsigned applications.
- Under-aged or over-aged candidates or Date of birth column not filled or wrongly filled.
- Applications without left hand thumb impression and identification marks.
- Smudged/illegible left hand thumb impression.
- Applications without Indian Postal Order/Demand Draft of requisite value (applicable only to candidates who are not eligible for fee exemption)/Demand Drafts not payable at Chennai.
- Applications without proof of date of birth, educational qualification, sports achievements and other qualifications etc.,
- Applications received after the closing date and time.
- The Southern Railway (abbreviated SR), headquartered at Chennai, is one of the 18 zones of Indian Railways. It is the earliest of the 18 zones of the Indian Railways created in independent India. It was created on 14 April 1951 by merging three state railways, namely, the Madras and Southern Mahratta Railway, the South Indian Railway Company, and the Mysore State Railway. The South Indian Railway was originally created in the British colonial times as Great Southern India Railway Co founded in Britain in 1853 and registered in 1859. Its original headquarters was in Tiruchirappalli (Trichy) and was registered as a company in London only in 1890. At present, after re-organization of existing railway zones and creation of new zones undertaken by the Indian Railways between 2002–03, Southern Railway has emerged as the 2nd largest zone after undertaking some gauge conversion projects and creation of new lines.
- In 1944, all Railway companies were taken over by the Government. And three years later, when India woke up to independence in 1947, the stage was set for the integration of different Railways into smaller zones. In 1948, immediately after independence, there were as many as 42 different railway systems - a multiplicity of railway administrations, varying in size and standards.
- The regrouping proposals put forward by the various committees were studied in great detail to ensure that a unification could be achieved with the least disturbance and dislocation. Important associations of railway-users, Chambers of Commerce and Industry, the State Governments and acknowledged experts both in India and abroad were fully consulted.
- Shri N. Gopalaswami Ayyangar - the then Minister for Railways, was the principal architect of the regrouping of Indian Railways. In December 1950, the Central Advisory Committee for Railways approved the plan for Indian Railways into six Zonal systems, namely, the Northern, the North-Eastern, the Southern, the Central, the Eastern and the Western.
- The Southern Railway zone 9,654 kilometres (5,999 mi) was the first zone to be formed. Created on 14 April 1951 by the merger of the Madras and Southern Mahratta Railway, the South Indian Railway and the Mysore State Railway, the economic and geographical factors of this zone facilitated an early integrated network. This amalgamation was a major step towards streamlining and organizing the working pattern of the Railway system.
- Shri K R Ramanujam was appointed the first General Manager of the newly formed Southern Railways.
click above to download
the employment notification