Table of Contents
Last Date to apply to Integral Coach Factory: 06th February, 2019
Apprentices (Amendment) Act 1973
INTEGRAL COACH FACTORY
Integral Coach Factory, Chennai, Indian Railways invites Online application from eligible Graduate/Diploma holders in Engineering (passed during 2016/2017&2018 ), for undergoing one year Apprenticeship Training under the Apprentices (Amendment) Act 1973.
1.Name of the post- Apprentice
No of post- 220
Pay Scale- 4984/-
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
Category – I Graduate Apprentices:
- A Degree in Engineering or Technology granted by a Statutory University in relevant discipline, in Mechanical Engineering and Electrical & Electronics Engineering.
- A Degree in Engineering or Technology granted by an Institution empowered to grant such degree by an Act of Parliament in relevant discipline.
- Graduate examination of Professional bodies recognized by the State Government or Central Government as equivalent to above.
About Integral Coach Factory
Integral Coach Factory (ICF) is a manufacturer of rail coaches located in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. It was established in 1952, is owned and operated by the Indian Railways. The coach factory primarily manufactures rolling stock for Indian Railways but also exports railway coaches to other countries. ICF set a new record produce 2503 coaches in the fiscal year 2017-2018, aiming to produce 3,000 coaches in fiscal year 2018-2019. A premier production unit of the Indian railways, the ICF manufactures a range of coaches, including Linke-Hofmann-Busch (LHB) ones, in addition to self-propelled train sets (SPTs) such as electrical multiple units (EMU).
The Integral Coach Factory consists of two main divisions - shell division and furnishing division. The shell division manufactures the skeleton of the rail coach, while the furnishing division is concerned with the coach interiors and amenities. An ancillary unit to the Integral Coach Factory is being built in Haldia, West Bengal for furnishing diesel multiple units. ICF manufactures more than 170 varieties of coach including first and second class coaches, pantry and kitchen cars, luggage and brake vans, self-propelled coaches, electric (EMU), diesel (DMU) and mainline electric multiple unit (MEMU), metro coaches and diesel electric tower cars, accident relief medical vans (ARMV), inspection cars (RA), fuel test cars, track recording cars and luxury coaches. The plant employs about 11,095 people and manufactures about 2000 coaches per year. ICF churned out 1,503 coaches in 2010 and in August 2011, ICF was sanctioned a project for manufacturing stainless steel shells and high speed bogies and an increase in capacity from 1,500 to 1,700 coaches. In 2013-14, it built 25 LHB Coaches, 248 air-conditioned and 1185 non-AC coaches. It plans to increase its manufacturing capacity of LHB coaches. It has set a target to manufacture 300 LHB coaches in 2014-15 and reach a capacity of 1000 LHB coaches by 2016-17. ICF has turned out a record out turn of 2277 coaches during the year 2016-17 consisting of more than 50 variants involving high technological inputs, meticulous planning and execution. A total of 50,000 coaches had been produced till 18 Aug 2015 by ICF since its inception. On an average, the ICF takes 20 days to build a coach.
B. Category – II Technician (Diploma) Apprentices:-
- A Diploma in Engineering or technology granted by a State Council or Board of Technical Education established by a State Government in relevant discipline.
- A Diploma in Engineering or Technology granted by a University in relevant discipline.
- A Diploma in Engineering and Technology granted by an Institution recognized by the State Government or Central Government as equivalent to above.
Age limit will be followed as per Apprenticeship Rules.
RESERVATION OF VACANCIES:
Guidelines under Apprentices Act on Reservation for SC/ST/OBC/PWD will be followed. Those who are claiming reservation under SC/ST/OBC/PWD shall provide certificate
as per Government standard format, failed which their claim for reservation will be considered as ‘General’ category only. If BC candidates claiming OBC category, they should bring OBC certificate as per the approved (OBC) format from the certificate issuing authority.
V. MINIMUM PHYSICAL STANDARDS:
As prescribed in Clause 4 of the Apprenticeship Rule 1992, and amendments thereof if any.
VI. DURATION OF TRAINING:
The duration of Apprenticeship training will be for a period of one year as per Apprentices (Amendment) Act 1973.
VII. PREVIOUS TRAINING/EXPERIENCE:
Candidates who have already undergone or are currently undergoing apprenticeship under Apprentices (Amendment) Act 1973, and/or having one year or more experience are not eligible to apply.
VIII. SELECTION PROCEDURE:
- Board of Apprenticeship Training (SR) is entrusted with the task of preparation of shortlist from the online application data. Shortlisting of candidates will be done based on the percentage of marks obtained in the basic prescribed qualification as applicable to the respective disciplines. Shortlisted candidates shall be intimated through their registered Email id. Shortlisted candidates have to appear for Certificate Verification at Chennai.
- TRAVEL EXPENSES: No TA / DA will be paid for attending certificate verification.
- BOARDING/LODGING: No boarding or lodging expenses are admissible
- Upon completion of the Apprenticeship period, Integral Coach Factory, Chennai, shall have no obligation to offer employment to such apprentices nor can an apprentice claim right for employment on the grounds of completion of Apprenticeship.
XIV. INCOMPLETE/ERRONEOUS ONLINE APPLICATION RECEIVED AFTER DUE DATE WILL BE REJECTED:
No further communication in this regard will be entertained.
XV. Board of Apprenticeship Training (SR) has not entrusted / authorized any individual organization to coordinate (or) liaison our work. Candidates beware of touts and our office is not responsible for such unwanted incident.
XVI. Canvassing / Pressuring through any source will disqualify the candidature and their name will be removed from our official records without prior intimation and this Board will not responsible for such cases.
The list of selected candidates shall be published on 28.02.2019 in the website: http://www.boatsrp.com under Organized Events & News Section in home page.
Find below all the relevant links related to this employment news / notification.
click above to download
the employment notification