Table of Contents
Last Date to apply to Rail Coach Factory (Kapurthala): 23rd March, 2019
Notice No.A-1/2019 Dated 23.02.2019
Ministry of Railways, Govt. of India
Rail Coach Factory (Kapurthala)
On line applications are invited in the prescribed format for engagement of 223 Act-Apprentices for imparting training in Technical Training Centre, Rail Coach Factory (Kapurthala) under the Apprenticeship Act,1961, for the following trades. The eligible candidates can register their applications online on the prescribed proforma on the authorized website www.raindianrailways.gov.in of Rail Coach Factory, Kapurthala by 23.03.2019 upto 24.00 hours. On 23.03.2019, after 24.00 hours, this link will be inactive.
1.Name of the Post- Act Apprentice
No of Post- 223
MODE OF SELECTION
Selection will be on the basis of merit list prepared of all candidates who apply against the notification. The merit list will be prepared for the purpose on the basis of percentage of marks in matriculation ITI marks in the trade in which apprenticeship is to be done. The panel will be on the basis of simple average of marks in the matriculation and ITI. For the purpose of calculation of percentage of matriculation, marks obtained by the candidates in all subjects will be reckoned and not on the basis of marks of any subject or a group of subjects. For the purpose of calculation of percentage of ITI marks, marks mentioned in the provisional/femal certificate will be reckoned.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION
- The Candidates must have passed 10th class examination or its equivalent (under 10+2 examination system) with minimum 50% marks, in aggregate, from recognized Board and also possess National Trade Certificate in the notified trade issued by the National Council for Vocational Training.
- Procedure for calculating %age of marks where cumulative grade point average (CGPA) is applicable. Suppose a candidate has got CGPA 7.4, First he will Multiply 7.4 with 9.5 and his %age will come as 70.3% (i.e.7.4 x 9.5). Then in Column “Maximum marks in Xth Class” He/She should fill 1000 marks. Similarly, in Column “Marks obtained in Xth Class” He/She will put 700 marks. When marks obtained by candidate in matriculation are 70% & in ITI are 80% then the % age of both the examination will be (70+80)/2=75%.
About Rail Coach Factory
Established in 1986, RCF is a coach manufacturing unit of Indian Railways. RCF has already carved a niche in the industrial scenario of the country at large and Indian Railways, in particular. It has manufactured around 28000 passenger coaches of different types including Self Propelled passenger vehicles which constitute over 50% of the total population of coaches on Indian Railways. RCF is equipped with a state-of-the-art CAD centre and CNC machines to undertake design and manufacture of Bogies, Shell (both with Stainless Steel and Corten Steel), FRP interiors as per customer’s requirement. The state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities and processes have enabled RCF to achieve excellence in Design, Development, Manufacture, Installation and After-sales service of Railway coaches with a view to ensure enhanced satisfaction of the Rail customer. Design, development and manufacture of AC 3 Tier coach with Roof Mounted AC Package Units by RCF has revolutionized AC travel in the country. Since 1998, High Speed AC Chair Cars and Generator Cars designed and manufactured by RCF have been running in New Delhi – Amritsar Shatabadi Express service of Indian Railways. Tested at upto 180 kmph, the vehicles feature Disc Brakes, Flexicoil Secondary Suspension, UIC Draw Gear and Panoramic Windows.
- The candidates should have completed 15 years of age and should not have completed 24 years of age as on 23.02.2019.
- Upper age limit is relaxable by 05 years in case of SC/ST candidates and 03 years in case of OBC candidates.
- For Persons with Disability, upper age limit is relaxable by 10 years.
- Upper age limit is relaxable by up to additional 10 years for ex-servicemen to the extent of service rendered in Defence Forces plus 03 years, provided they have put in minimum of 06 months services at a stretch, except Ex-servicemen who have already joined the Govt. service on Civil side after availing the servicemen status for the purpose of their engagement. However, regardless of community, Ex-servicemen will be considered against the Ex-servicemen quota, if available. If UR vacancies are not available then only Ex-servicemen belonging to that particular community where vacancies are available will be considered against ‘ the Ex-servicemen quota.
- The candidates who want to avail the benefit of reservation of SC/ST, must produce his/her Caste certificate issued by appropriate authority at the time of Document Verification. Similarly the candidates who want to avail the benefit of reservation of OBC, must produce Caste certificate and Non-Creamy Layer certificate issued by appropriate authority at the time of Document Verification.
- The candidates who want to avail the benefit of reservation of Ex-servicemen and Armed Forces Personnel, • must produce Discharge certificate and in case of children of Ex-servicemen and children of Armed Forces Personnel, they must produce discharge certificate or Armed Forces serving certificate respectively (as the case may be) of his/her parents at the time of document verification.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates are required to apply ONLINE by visiting ww.wscfindianrailways.gov.in Detailed instruction for filling up ONLINE applications will be available on the website. Candidates are required to log on the RCF website www.refindianrailways.gov.in provided for filling ONLINE applications and fill up the personal details/BIO-DATA etc. carefully.
LAST DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATION
The ONLINE application, complete in all respects, can be submitted through ONLINE process to RCF up to 23.03.2019 till 24.00 hours. No physical copy of
the application is required to be sent to RCF. Even if it is received, no cognizance will be given to it.
TRAINING PERIOD & STIPEND
- As per extant rules & directives issued by Railway Board from time to time.
- No Hostel accommodation will be provided and selected candidates will have to make their own arrangement during their training as per Apprentices Act. 1961 and they will be released on completion of the training.
- The decision of the Railway administration in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of the application and mode of selection shall be final.
- Imparting Training in Railway will not confer any right to the candidates for their absorption in Railway after successful completion of training. In terms of para-10 of Schedule V of the Apprenticeship Rules, 1991 , notified on 15.07.1992 by the Ministry of Labour, it shall not be obligatory on the part of the employer to oiler any employment to the Apprentice on completion of period of/his apprenticeship training in his/her establishment. It shall not be obligatory on the part of the apprentice to accept an employment under the employer.
- No correspondences for engagement will be entertained.
- CANVASSING IN ANY FORM WILL DISQUALIFY THE CANDIDATURE AND NO CORRESPONDENCE WILL BE ENTERTAINED IN THE MATTER.
- If the marks of 10th Passed is given in CGPA the percentage of the same to be filled up in format (ONLINE Application) also.
- Enrolment with Employment Exchange is must except for wards of employees of RCF/Kapurthala.
- Engagement of Act Apprentices will be from the sources of candidates who have registered their names in the nearest Employment Exchanges (i.e. Punjab State).
Find below all the relevant links related to this employment news / notification.
click above to download
the employment notification